how much is a private region's maintenance fee?

Mia Ichibara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i've been researching linden's official websites regarding land information, but i found different information on private region pricing. is the maintenance fee $229 or $295 for a full region, and is the maintenance fee $195 or $175 for a grandfathered full region? how much is the maintenance fee difference between a 20k and 30k region?

is country-specific tax/VAT included with the price or calculated after? i live in the united kingdom and am subject to VAT, but i'm unsure if the VAT is included with the region pricing or calculated after.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, bunniepaw said:

i've been researching linden's official websites regarding land information, but i found different information on private region pricing. is the maintenance fee $229 or $295 for a full region, and is the maintenance fee $195 or $175 for a grandfathered full region? how much is the maintenance fee difference between a 20k and 30k region?

is country-specific tax/VAT included with the price or calculated after? i live in the united kingdom and am subject to VAT, but i'm unsure if the VAT is included with the region pricing or calculated after.

it's just one click from the dashbord, not that deep hidden
https://secondlife.com/land/privatepricing.php?lang=en-US

and yes, you have to add VAT, it's not interesting for private EU/VAT payers to start a business in landholding when the monthly fees are 20% higher than other users or businesses.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

28 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's just one click from the dashbord, not that deep hidden
https://secondlife.com/land/privatepricing.php?lang=en-US

and yes, you have to add VAT, it's not interesting for private EU/VAT payers to start a business in landholding when the monthly fees are 20% higher than other users or businesses.

isnt there us tax calculated after aswell?

13 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

not if you are in the UK no

buying services at the listed price from Linden is the same as buying services from any other provider

so, its $229 plus 6.5 percent or so of tax applied if you live in the us?

Edited by bunniepaw

54 minutes ago, bunniepaw said:

not generally no. Linden typically swallow any US State and local sales taxes and charge all US citizens the same list price

for a long time Linden never charged international residents VAT or GST where applicable.  Then those countries told Linden that they wanted their tax money and Linden for a long time also swallowed the VAT/GST taxes as well.  Then some time later, like now, Linden began adding VAT/GST to the list price for those countries when those tax rates increased making it uneconomic for Linden to keep on doing so

Edited by Mollymews
making it

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:
8 hours ago, bunniepaw said:

not generally no. Linden typically swallow any US State and local sales taxes and charge all US citizens the same list price

In most of the US (maybe all), online services and games are not subject to sales tax.  Thus the only tax US folks get hit with is income tax if they take money out of SL.

• Thanks 1

The monthly land fee for a full private region with the standard land impact allowance of 20,000 is $229.00 USD per month.

To upgrade that to 30,000 is a one time fee of $30.00 USD, and an (unspecified!) additional monthly charge.  I think it's also $30, but was unable to confirm that with any official information.

A full grandfathered region has a monthly land fee of $179.00 USD.

Being in the UK, you'll have to tack VAT onto the above.

Please be aware that at the moment, LL has run out of server space, and is not currently selling new private regions.  Once they get the land servers moved to the cloud, private regions will again be available.  In the meantime, you can still purchase an existing private region from its current owner.  See: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/284-regions-for-sale-full-private-island/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.