Curiosity about why people are here in the forums.

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are (In My opinion) two Broad kinds of “SL People”;

(a) - People who are here to Play a Game or generally goof off and be entertained or distracted.

(b) - People who are here because this is a “world” they inhabit and people like them are their (sometimes dysfunctional) “tribe”.

I’m on the forums because I am a “B” who works a *LOT* in RL and this lets me keep up with what the tribe is up to.

I like techy, geeky, internet people & the unusual conversations That happen when all the Techy-Geeky-Caffinated-Whatever collides 🙂

”Techy-Geeky-Caffeinated-Whatever” should probably be a forum title......

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292ed925bd03f5459cb0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:41 AM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Mentioning my card will summon me too. Just so you know for future reference. 

"Beware the Dragonness".. playing this card will summon me 'The Villainness' I will come into your thread and proceed to do what I  want with it. I will reply in whatever manner I feel is best. Regardless if you like or agree with what I say or don't. Only the mighty 'Linden' can really control or stop me  if on a rampage.  

i have no problems summoning you lol. You're one of my friends!!!

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, Bagnu said:

I came into the forums because of curiosity when I was looking up things on the internet to help with issues I had with my AV. That was my starting point. What about everyone else??

Hello Pearl

I came to announce a new project back in 2012:

I just created Caroline (I had another account ´t before). The idea was to create a new blog, telling newbies the "how tos" of second Life using stories of first hand experience.
The blog wasn't meant to be something big or special nor didn't I have any business intention. It was more for the fun of it and for the challenge to start with literally nothing and see how far I get without buying any L$. Zero. Announcing the blog was my very first post here and here my very first blogpost:
https://carolineinsecondlife.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/caroline-at-the-dp-dear-prudence-rock-club/

Poor little girl. walking the grid, showing noobs how to survive SL without money in my pocket (at first). You know where this is going, don't you? Yes, that was the start to what would eventually become SLA Media, producer of some of the best known Second Life adult blogs.

Now I hang around here to see what others do in SL, join topics like this one, announce events and new releases.

P.S: Just remembered the old links do not work anymore. I just reactivated those, in case you want to read how it all started (very old stuff, see Carol as a noob haha): https://carolineinsecondlife.wordpress.com/

Edited by Caroline Takeda
  • Like 1

Ironically i find myself browsing the forum because all i do inworld is stare at the sea in silence wondering how virtual has had such a negative impact on my hope for humanity .

2 types of people = those you wish you never met and their alts .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, cunomar said:

Ironically i find myself browsing the forum because all i do inworld is stare at the sea in silence wondering how virtual has had such a negative impact on my hope for humanity .

2 types of people = those you wish you never met and their alts .

You haven't met enough people if all you do is stare at the sea in silence.

On 8/8/2020 at 2:44 AM, Amanda Crisp said:

There are (In My opinion) two Broad kinds of “SL People”;

(a) - People who are here to Play a Game or generally goof off and be entertained or distracted.

(b) - People who are here because this is a “world” they inhabit and people like them are their (sometimes dysfunctional) “tribe”.

I’m on the forums because I am a “B” who works a *LOT* in RL and this lets me keep up with what the tribe is up to.

I like techy, geeky, internet people & the unusual conversations That happen when all the Techy-Geeky-Caffinated-Whatever collides 🙂

”Techy-Geeky-Caffeinated-Whatever” should probably be a forum title......

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292ed925bd03f5459cb0

You are definitely my kind of person!!!

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.