Bellissaria Running Short Again?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I decided since I was bored with my camp site that I should change it. Yes, I could have re-decorated it, but I had done that a few times and as soon as I was done, I didn't come back and get the use of it. I like the sim I was on (Wolfington) with this pristine mountain lake with picnicking nearby, but where I was, despite a good corner lot, wasn't near water, and it also had these annoying butterflies right by it, so I thought, why not give it a spin? You get five tries of abandonments before it stops you then I think you have to wait an hour? A day? Not sure.

I was prompted by this by visiting Jingi, where I hadn't been in awhile, where we have the Mainland Appreciation Society outpost, and finding that all of a sudden (well, in the last few months?), Bellissaria, which was once so far away that it was hard to sail to from Jingi, is right next door, near a bunch of Mole islands. Some luckies got their camping  sites on this wonderful sand bar/peninsula surrounded by water -- there are also boathouses there. Tons of them. Bellissaria is huge. I saw they opened up some new lake houses I believe or beach houses which they showed at SL17B. So I thought surely they have a ton of Bellissaria out, and campers may be available as people will have rushed on to the forest/chalet houses that came after and now the beach houses. Campers are only 512; the others are 1024.

The first two spins took me right back to the land I had already abandoned! Boy, that was annoying. It shouldn't do that. The third then had no Bellissaria at all, nor did the fourth and fifth. Now it was "wait 10 minutes" because the system is set up with brakes. So I spent a few hours refreshing now and then when I thought of it -- nothing but the very oldest Linden Home sims.

I tried again this morning, and suddenly I got "Bellissaria," but a houseboat, not a camper. I thought perhaps I'll land near Jingi, or wherever the new growing tip is, so I tried to claim it but whoops, I didn't have enough tier, as I had only 512 "on me," and hadn't "put 1024 on me" out of my reserve group. Drat! It then timed out, and I couldn't get Bellissaria again after 20 tries.

I don't like using the extension that automatically refreshes so I just use different browser and try every half hour or so. Still nothing. Well, I should have kept that camp site, but I wasn't getting the use out of it, so let someone else have it. I didn't like the houseboats before due to all the ban lines. Now that the Lindens ameliorated that, perhaps it would be better...

What has been your experience?

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

The first two spins took me right back to the land I had already abandoned! Boy, that was annoying. It shouldn't do that. The third then had no Bellissaria at all, nor did the fourth and fifth. Now it was "wait 10 minutes" because the system is set up with brakes. So I spent a few hours refreshing now and then when I thought of it -- nothing but the very oldest Linden Home sims.

I tried again this morning, and suddenly I got "Bellissaria," but a houseboat, not a camper. I thought perhaps I'll land near Jingi, or wherever the new growing tip is, so I tried to claim it but whoops, I didn't have enough tier, as I had only 512 "on me," and hadn't "put 1024 on me" out of my reserve group. Drat! It then timed out, and I couldn't get Bellissaria again after 20 tries.

I don't like using the extension that automatically refreshes so I just use different browser and try every half hour or so. Still nothing. Well, I should have kept that camp site, but I wasn't getting the use out of it, so let someone else have it. I didn't like the houseboats before due to all the ban lines. Now that the Lindens ameliorated that, perhaps it would be better...

What has been your experience?

If you are getting a parcel you just recently abandoned chances are there are no other ones in the queue right at the moment.  If you are getting no options for Bellisseria then there are just no homes available at the moment.  People do abandon parcels,  but not as often right at the moment.  All I can tell you is to just keep trying.   I didn't have a houseboat when they had banlines, but I can imagine it would have been a nightmare.  It is nice to have a houseboat and not worry about banlines. 

I know you don't want to use autorefresh, but this thread might give you some other tips:

Also keep your eyes on this thread:  

People do post there when they are going to abandon a Bellisseria home.  Not everyone does, but some do.  Also, once the new stilt homes are released or close to, you will definately see more of the traditionals, houseboats, campers, victorians, and log homes becoming available as people abandon those to get the newer theme.

Good luck Prok!  I hope you find something soon :) .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I kept rolling hundreds of times and finally I got a houseboat, but I'm not super thrilled with it. The houseboats just feel crowded to me. Fortunately my neighbours either have no security or it isn't aggressive. Back of me is an empty sand lot but the other houseboats are cheek by jowl. I may try to roll again to get the camper. I don't want the stilts I don't think but I didn't examine them closely. 

Yes, I read about the methods of getting a Bellissaria home back in the day. Either they have changed something or I'm not doing it right, but it doesn't let you type in a name until you actually choose one.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I kept rolling hundreds of times and finally I got a houseboat, but I'm not super thrilled with it. The houseboats just feel crowded to me. Fortunately my neighbours either have no security or it isn't aggressive. Back of me is an empty sand lot but the other houseboats are cheek by jowl. I may try to roll again to get the camper. I don't want the stilts I don't think but I didn't examine them closely. 

I was not super happy with my boats either. But when I got a boat in the end of a line with free water to the right and a Linden boathouse, I stayed. I also have a great view to a lighthouse. But most boats feel boxed in.

Just after this I paid an alt into Premium, it was my birthday after all, so why not. She landed a great Trad by the sea. So I got lucky twice.

But I have abandoned so many homes I don't like.

You just have to spin and spin. What does it say, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find the prince?

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a word
  • Like 5

The best boats are in Sirens Rock. No, I don't live there. But they are really, really good. And Pegleg Channel. I don't live there either... 😢

But I see the lighthouse in Fourze from my boat. I am obsessed with lighthouses. I hope LL makes lighthouses in the new Stilt homes regions.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The best boats are in Sirens Rock. No, I don't live there. But they are really, really good. And Pegleg Channel. I don't live there either... 😢

But I see the lighthouse in Fourze from my boat. I am obsessed with lighthouses. I hope LL makes lighthouses in the new Stilt homes regions.

I don't know, but I think there are many more sims with great houseboats. Sometimes its not the entire sim, but just a couple of really good ones and then a couple average ones. For example: I probably got one of the better spots in my place, as I have the houseboat at the end of a row and one side just faces endless nature. Downside: Water is way too shallow and it feels a little disconnected from Belli. But the main problem is, that demand for houseboats is far higher than the numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The shallow water is a curse! I hope they can made it a bit deeper when they make the stilt house regions.

I have been checking different houseboats and the deepness varies. Some are okay and drop deeper quickly, but mine is so shallow, its like a small pool.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Marianne Little said:

I risked a bunch more spins and I managed to get Sirens' Rock! And even on the edge. Which does seem pretty nice. So there's more space. Even so, they feel a bit crowded. I seem to remember PegLeg as good, too. There are of course certain houseboats out on sandbars with whole oceans in front of them, at least for now, the luckies!

The campers don't seem as crowded, maybe due to trees. Meanwhile, I finally landed a camper after many tries on an alt. It's on a sim with a big mountain and a pristine mountain pool or two, just like the one I left, only better. It has a railroad and log bridges, what's more. It's next to Campwhich so it has boat launches and the big lodge to hang out in if the camper feels cramped. I just wish I could get rid of those damn butterflies!

The moral of the story is that if you are willing to refresh -- and over time, several days, hundreds of times, something will turn up. I also got the old Bellissaria homes which I passed by because they are too cramped. I didn't get any new ones on stilts? Or maybe they are not ready yet.

• Like 3

On 8/3/2020 at 11:23 AM, Marianne Little said:

The lighthouses don't have insides to them, however, in some cases.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 7:51 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

I kept rolling hundreds of times and finally I got a houseboat, but I'm not super thrilled with it. The houseboats just feel crowded to me.

Rectangular houseboat by any chance?

At least for me I had to keep going until I got a square houseboat in order to feel less cramped. Some of those can still be cramped if the 'neat rows' many are in bothers - like the first one I had in Lolipop. I thought it was OK, but I heard people commenting about plots on the same style as too cramped. Once I got to Coral Bay I had a layout I liked though I suspect the exact spot I have would feel cramped to many (the inside of a bay), to me it was perfect. That said, put your map over Coral Bay and look at it and the regions around it - all those coastal houseboats - even the rectangular ones are often laid out in a manner that makes them feel more spacious. Granted there are only 2 clones of the 'mini-islands' so this is a very rare find, but I get new neighbors on my region or the regions around me still, about one a month. I think some people leave when they realize how close we are to Mordor and the Eye of Sauron. 😉

Finding the right spot is a long game...

One thing I do by the way... is if I find a plot is going unused, I set it as my 'home' for myself and at least one alt. If I then find that I always want to teleport away from it even when not going to an event or gathering... then clearly I didn't want to keep it.

That's actually the test I used to realize my Log Cabin needed to get tossed back.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

I'm not understanding this business of "rectangular" because you can change the style of the houseboat by clicking on the life buoy and changing it. If you mean the lot, square or rectangular, it still is crowded with so many people around. But now that I'm on a corner it's much better. 

I couldn't use the "set home" method because I use "set home" to be at whatever project I'm working on at the time in my rentals. But if I find myself not going there and no one in my groups wants to hang out there, I will ditch it as it seems a shame to hang on to it when they are in short supply. 

• Like 1

Yeah the parcel (EDITING as I see you noticed what I meant).

Some of the houseboats are on a 32x32 plot, but most of them are on a 16x64.

And yeah location can mean all the difference - even if you're on a long row like Lilipop region has, being the person on the outer water facing end is a lot better than in the middle where I was.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

I've had trailer for a couple months and even back then I was told I was lucky to get one. I hadn't realized they'd gotten scarce. Fortunately, I got lucky and didn't feel the need to try again as I might not have done as well. No neighbors right up on me. road on one side, river on the other, right next to a bridge. It's about as private as one is going to get I suspect.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, Crim Mip said:

I've had trailer for a couple months and even back then I was told I was lucky to get one. I hadn't realized they'd gotten scarce. Fortunately, I got lucky and didn't feel the need to try again as I might not have done as well. No neighbors right up on me. road on one side, river on the other, right next to a bridge. It's about as private as one is going to get I suspect.

Yes, that is very good for the trailers, as the ones not on the river are rather jammed up.

• Like 1

I got a perfect houseboat last week. Neighbour only to one side. A walkway inbetween us. Deep water and a view into the ocean with a lighthouse in the distance (if I push my draw distance up). It took me multiple days of hours of searching and keeping an eye on the forum. Its easier, when you want a Trad, camper or Victorian. I had some of those inbetween to see if they suit me, but I need my water. Anyone who is at home or has a boring, unsupervised job is probably at an advantage in scoring a Belli home fast.

• Like 5

Congratulations on your new HB Syro. Houseboats have always been the most difficult theme to get, and now getting a great camper is also almost 'mission impossible', but I've found getting a Victorian not so much

Anyway, looking at the SSP thread, it seems there are so many many many new areas being developed, that together with the Stilts release, will make getting a great spot easier again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2020 at 10:04 AM, Rabid Cheetah said:

Can you derender the butterflies?

I got a mental picture of myself trying to de-render a swarm of bees which was someone's Security system on Mainland... and I was just running away as fast as I could go, lol  I think de-render is in Firestorm, but not a feature in the SL Viewer. I'm not sure about other Viewers. ♥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.