Re-selling of Gacha Items

Roxie Fenwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a friend that makes clothing, and has a Gacha that they are in.  We discovered that someone is playing the Gacha, then selling the other avatar body sizes on Marketplace.  She knows that people do sell unwanted Gacha items there, but this person seems to be doing it just for the purpose of selling.  Is that allowed?  Is that something that could be reported? 

• Haha 1

It's not only allowed, it's the "professional" resellers that keep the gacha business alive.

Come to think of it, I wonder how many of the gacha brands are directly involved in the reselling business. There have to be a few since it's such an obvious marketing trick.

• Like 3

If your gacha making friend doesn't like people re-selling unwanted included rigs your friend shouldn't be including all the bodies they rig for in the gacha. I have seen many a store offer their gacha by individual body so a person can pay for Maitreya and only get Maitreya or non body specific items, or do the same for all the Belleza's, Slink's, eBody's, TMP classic legacy system avatar what ever it is etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roxie Fenwitch said:

I have a friend that makes clothing, and has a Gacha that they are in.  We discovered that someone is playing the Gacha, then selling the other avatar body sizes on Marketplace.  She knows that people do sell unwanted Gacha items there, but this person seems to be doing it just for the purpose of selling.  Is that allowed?  Is that something that could be reported? 

It is allowed. Everything "Transferable" is allowed to be sold as "used item" regardless if it's gacha or non gacha.

Breaking a product in to parts and reselling them as individual items is also allowed as long as it's stated in the description what part is being sold.

Your friend has already been paid whatever is the value of the item according to their sales policy.

• Like 2

Gacha is simply a money making scheme to make money off of gambling addicts, nothing more. That's why it's allowed as it generates more revenue for LL and the creators.

How many useful colours from a gacha item are there? Conservatively AT LEAST half of the items in a gacha are completely useless and no one will buy them. That means you have thousands of people trying to sell these useless items that will never get sold, and hundreds of people fighting over the "rares" which are always the useful items and jacking their prices wayyyyyy up.

Anyone who has any common sense knows it's cheaper to pay 200L for a useful colour of a dress without any kind of bullcrap RNG, than 1500L for the same dress at 75L a pull cause the drop rate of the colour you want (which is usually the rare one) is like what, 5%? Why would anyone do that? Compulsive gambling/hoarding is what it is, something I'll never take part in.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Anyone who has any common sense knows it's cheaper to pay 200L for a useful colour of a dress without any kind of bullcrap RNG

Anyone with common sense knows that making a new color doesn't take that much work and that selling colors separately is just there to "hide" the price.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.