Jump to content

Morality is different in SL vs RL


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FairreLilette said:

disabled people

Maybe this is related with the general topic of people taking offense--- wouldn't it be better to refer to people experiencing disabilities as a class in a manner that doesn't hammer in hard that they are not people; they are disabled people. I mean, you could always just choose to instead let them focus on some other aspect of their existence than that thing, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wait....what in the actual hell? Do you know what narcissism actually is? How on earth does narcissism in sl, which is more likely to be a projection of the exact same trait in a person in rl (whether

I think you mean vanity instead of narcissism. Vanity can be a bad thing in RL but in SL it drives the economy. Lust is another vice.... drives the SL economy again.

This is probably the worst thing I have read on the forums for a long time.   Why on earth would having sexual fantasies with a disabled person in RL be considered immoral?  Why on earth imply that di

Posted Images

I have been honest about what I know and the interactions I have had with people. I could have lied!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Maybe this is related with the general topic of people taking offense--- wouldn't it be better to refer to people experiencing disabilities as a class in a manner that doesn't hammer in hard that they are not people; they are disabled people. I mean, you could always just choose to instead let them focus on some other aspect of their existence than that thing, right?

I got a friend in SL that cant move nothing but his head (swimming accident). We went to war with a dummy who threatened him. said he was gonna track him down and ROLL him down a hill in his bed. Told me, ME he was gonna come to my house with a baseball bat. I told him if he show up at my house, him and that bat gonna have TROUBLE getting out MY yard.

This fool had money too, lawyers, investigators at his disposal. Had actually tracked down a fool or two that had stolen his ip. Me and my friend weren't scared. And HE couldn't move nothing but his head. We buried that clown that threatened US in a neat lil hole. IN PUBLIC. And this famous good guy dummy called MY FRIEND every offensive thang you can THINK of that you could call a guy that can't move nothing but his head. On TWITTER. ON FACEBOOK. In the Alphaville HERALD.

I can provide LINKS.

My friend couldn't move NOTHING but his head, but he was tougher than ALL ya'll.

Square business.

 

 

Edited by Jumpman Lane
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I have been honest about what I know and the interactions I have had with people. I could have lied!!!

No, Bagnu, you heard rumors and said that is the reason that you are in your profession to help others feel human who are disabled because you want to help people.

All I'm trying to ask is that you stop because there are many, many people who are disabled who have very fulfilling sex lives.  Do you understand that?  

I had sex and a relationship with a man in a wheelchair and we had sex and a relationship.  Disabled people can be with whomever they want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

@Amina Sopwith
Amina, I'd also like to see you apologize to Pearl.

Just wow!  It is not your place to demand apologies on behalf of anyone.  

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

You can't seem to understand she just wants affirmation and is very enthusiastic about her identity

She is an escort.  YES WE KNOW!  It's ALL she could talk about for a while.  And no-one cares!  It's never been a problem that she is an escort.  The problem is in what she said and continued to say despite being told it's annoying and it's offensive.  How many fornicating times do we have to say that?  

And @Bagnu, be careful who you choose to have in your Second Life.  Wee Willy Winky (whom I have ignored) does not seem to have your best interests at heart if he is wanting to make your behaviour worse.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Just wow!  It is not your place to demand apologies on behalf of anyone.  

She is an escort.  YES WE KNOW!  It's ALL she could talk about for a while.  And no-one cares!  It's never been a problem that she is an escort.  The problem is in what she said and continued to say despite being told it's annoying and it's offensive.  How many fornicating times do we have to say that?  

And @Bagnu, be careful who you choose to have in your Second Life.  Wee Willy Winky (whom I have ignored) does not seem to have your best interests at heart if he is wanting to make your behaviour worse.

 

Nah, YOU"RE annoyed because she's HAPPY. SOCIAL. and makes friends with ease. So, you nit pick her on the forums. Save the fake outrage.

And see Pearlie Girl. I told ya.

Jordan GET somebody in YOUR SL before ya judge me hehehehehe

Edited by Jumpman Lane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

No, Bagnu, you heard rumors and said that is the reason that you are in your profession to help others feel human who are disabled because you want to help people.

All I'm trying to ask is that you stop because there are many, many people who are disabled who have very fulfilling sex lives.  Do you understand that?  

I had sex and a relationship with a man in a wheelchair and we had sex and a relationship.  Disabled people can be with whomever they want.

I never said I am what I am purely in SL to help anyone who is disabled. I want to help anyone who needs or wants my help, and to satisfy my fantasies.

Edited by Bagnu
missed a word
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I never said I am what I am purely in SL to help anyone who is disabled. I want to help anyone who needs or wants my help, and to satisfy my fantasies.

No, you didn't say "purely" but that's neither here nor there.

I simply don't understand why you cannot say I won't say that about disabled people anymore?  

Plus, they don't need your help.  You are a professional service.  Disabled people can be with whomever they choose to be with.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

This one lost me. Being a a part of the "invisible minority" makes me me understand  what prejudice is like. Not as well as someone who is is visibly different, but I can empathize.

That was with reference, not to you, but to a few people who have been "defending" you here -- and, in the process, exhorting you to be unapologetic and as trollish as they are.

If you want to consider the value of the "advice" being offered to you here by Jumpman, you might give thought to the fact that he has actually boasted no less than three times in this thread about harassing someone else to the point that they became near suicidal. And harassment was what it was -- some of us have been around here long enough to remember his absolutely appalling behaviour, and his banning from the forums for it.

That's not who you are. Don't fall for it.

Pearl, walk away from this thread -- it'll be locked tomorrow anyway. I see that you did apologize, although I think you might have been clearer -- as Lilette says above, it would be great if you were more unequivocal.

I know of at least one regular poster who has left this forum, permanently he says, because of the nasty turn this has taken. He's a thoroughly decent man, and this has become too toxic for him. When we start driving people away from here, it's definitely time to take stock of what we are doing wrong, no?

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

 When we start driving people away from here, it's definitely time to take stock of what we are doing wrong, no?

Perhaps, for starters, 'we' should stop considering ourselves rightfully offended on any occassion or subject and give eachother leverage in intend of what is meant by words instead of how sentences are subjectively constructed, before demanding apologies.

@Bagnu : Only apologize to anything when considering it yourself. Not because you are told. That is not about decency, but about power.

jessiegiphy.gif

Edited by TDD123
JJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

What really is offensive here is the lack of civility. 

I appreciated your apology about your wording.  That was where the thread should have ended and faded away but certain people decided to throw themselves in derailing with stupid pictures and singling out people to attack on your behalf thus turning it into something it didn't need to be.  We have all seen this behaviour before from this person and then a few others jumped in with their own agenda and absolute tripe.  

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDD123 said:
2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I appreciated your apology about your wording.  That was where the thread should have ended and faded away but certain people decided to throw themselves in derailing with stupid pictures and singling out people to attack on your behalf thus turning it into something it didn't need to be.  We have all seen this behaviour before from this person and then a few others jumped in with their own agenda and absolute tripe.  

This thread was never meant to be about what it became.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, SassySam87 said:

Dressing up in clothes from any culture, even if it isn't yours, should be perfectly acceptable in RL as well. It's unfortunate that some people make it seem bad so that people are afraid to do it.

I mark YOU with the Scarlet Letter -- lets do this right.

And the guy who gets off on grinding up women inworld and eating them and brags about it on this forum.....    S  S  S  S

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...