Facial HUD doesn't work with custom bento poses I create?

DAT4BASE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, so for some reason when i create poses for SL in blender, and i then upload them to SL, i can't use my genus head's facial HUD with it? The facial animations just won't play, neither will the static expressions. I especially don't incorporate fixed expressions into my poses so that people have the freedom to use their own when i upload them, but this problem is starting to really tick me off. I have the genus classic head, and a couple of others i'm not using atm because of the DMCA. I also have a lelutka head and i haven't tried with that one, so i can't confirm yet if this problem happens with that head too.

I'd also like to mention that i've played around with avastar's priority settings when exporting the .anim file for the pose, setting it both to 3 and 4, but the problem persists. In fact, when i set the priority to 3, sometimes my avatar won't even get into the pose at all, even if i turn off her AO...

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! thanks a bunch ❤️

23 hours ago, DAT4BASE said:

Hey guys, so for some reason when i create poses for SL in blender, and i then upload them to SL, i can't use my genus head's facial HUD with it? The facial animations just won't play, neither will the static expressions. I especially don't incorporate fixed expressions into my poses so that people have the freedom to use their own when i upload them, but this problem is starting to really tick me off. I have the genus classic head, and a couple of others i'm not using atm because of the DMCA. I also have a lelutka head and i haven't tried with that one, so i can't confirm yet if this problem happens with that head too.

I'd also like to mention that i've played around with avastar's priority settings when exporting the .anim file for the pose, setting it both to 3 and 4, but the problem persists. In fact, when i set the priority to 3, sometimes my avatar won't even get into the pose at all, even if i turn off her AO...

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated! thanks a bunch ❤️

I am not sure how my poses are different from yours but I tried one of my Priority 4 poses with my Genus Strong head and everything worked fine. I only use the main bones and Bento hands when I make my animations.  So it isn't really a Genus head issue it seems.  Expressions, moods and poses all worked. 

Made in Blender with Avastar - exported as anim as that is the only choice that works LOL.   

image.thumb.png.51bd2f079819dfa73dc297150066aa13.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

On 8/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, DAT4BASE said:

... i've played around with avastar's priority settings when exporting the .anim file for the pose, setting it both to 3 and 4, but the problem persists. In fact, when i set the priority to 3, sometimes my avatar won't even get into the pose at all, even if i turn off her AO...

if your avi doesn't play the animation at all, you may not be exporting the right frame(s). if it's a simple pose, only one frame needs setting. animations need a start/stop setting. which frames you export depends on where they are in your Blender timeline.

animexport.JPG

Hey guys, thanks so much for your suggestions.. I've now also tried it with my lelutka fleur head and it doesn't work there either. Here are some pictures to maybe help clarify some things (idk maybe to highlight mistakes i'm making):

image.thumb.png.1139e067b01ee8c96274afc3175fb3cd.png

image.thumb.png.3effe66eb34d46d6851ec7ac7fe6c973.png

EDIT: i muted all the channels in the dope sheet that were red, orange and purple and now the facial animations seem to work!!

this includes:

EyeRight, EyeLeft, FaceEyebrowOuterLeft, FaceEyebrowCenterLeft, FaceEyebrowInnerLeft, FaceEyebrowOuterRight, FaceEyebrowCenterRight, FaceEyebrowInnerRight, FaceEyeLidUpperLeft, FaceEyeLidLowerLeft, FaceEyeLidUpperRight, FaceEyeLidLowerRight, FaceEar1Left, FaceEar2Left, FaceEar1Right, FaceEar2Right, FaceLipLowerLeft, FaceLipLowerRight, FaceLipLowerCenter, FaceNoseBase, FaceLipUpperLeft, FaceLipUpperRight, FaceLipUpperCenter, FaceLipCornerLeft, FaceLipCornerRight, FaceLipCornerCenter

So I just muted those origins and it seems to work now. Can that be right? is my system messed up? halp?

Edited by DAT4BASE

i was about to tell you, before your edit, the problem is that you are animating facial features (as is indicated from your dope sheet). that is why your facial HUD won't work. muting those facial bones positions or deleting them will get your HUD working. i would recommend not showing any face bones in the Avastar Rig Display when you are editing so they won't show up in your animation.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.