Jump to content
Phate Shepherd

Find out what is consuming all available URLs?

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to find out what object or objects are consuming all available URLs obtained with llRequestURL() on a parcel?

I have a customer that reports my product that does support inbound HTTP requests is throwing an error indicating that it can't obtain a URL when llRequestURL is issued.

I suspect that something else on the parcel is behaving badly and requesting URLs over and over, as it behaves for a while after the region is restarted.

Also, on a side note... is the sim code smart enough to release a URL of an object when it is deleted in-world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Phate Shepherd said:

throwing an error indicating that it can't obtain a URL when llRequestURL is issued

What is the exact script error?

1 hour ago, Phate Shepherd said:

Also, on a side note... is the sim code smart enough to release a URL of an object when it is deleted in-world?

It "should" be.

Also, are you verifying the number of URL's consumed per parcel via About Land > General > Script Info? (don't forget to refesh and/or close/open the floater when checking each parcel)

Although, I "think" I'm currently seeing a bug with an incorrect reported max url allowance over group owned land.

Max URL's "should" follow the sim-wide prim max amount per land owner, unless something changed in the last few years.

Ok, what I "think" I'm seeing is a geometric center location query bug where two joined parcels are far apart and are separated by other owner land and the location between is being queried for data. Somehow all urls for parcels within this "bounding box" are totaled?

@Whirly Fizzle can you remind me of that jira number regarding this? I know I've seen it filed for something else.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

What is the exact script error?

It isn't a script error, the llRequestURL() is reporting URL_REQUEST_DENIED as there are no more URLs available on the parcel. My script detects that and reports to the user an error about being unable to get a URL.

I am trying to help this person find out what object on his parcel is misbehaving and causing the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phate Shepherd said:

It isn't a script error, the llRequestURL() is reporting URL_REQUEST_DENIED as there are no more URLs available on the parcel. My script detects that and reports to the user an error about being unable to get a URL.

I am trying to help this person find out what object on his parcel is misbehaving and causing the problem.

I assume you're going by llGetFreeURLs()?

If not, there are several other scenarios that could cause URL_REQUEST_DENIED to be returned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will verify that is the cause. I see I also neglected to print out the body of the http request when I got the error to see what it said too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great if llGetFreeUrls() had an input to target the wearer or their location since it currently outputs differently whether it is worn or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I even asked the customer, they had found that their new security system was the cause. It had used up every available URL on their parcel. I also found that in parcel script info, it shows the URL count for each script... so next time it happens, I can point them directly to the cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Ok, what I "think" I'm seeing is a geometric center location query bug where two joined parcels are far apart and are separated by other owner land and the location between is being queried for data. Somehow all urls for parcels within this "bounding box" are totaled?

@Whirly Fizzle can you remind me of that jira number regarding this? I know I've seen it filed for something else.

SCR-133 - Script Info reporting on discontiguous parcels is not working as expected.

..and linked issues.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...