Find out what is consuming all available URLs?

Phate Shepherd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to find out what object or objects are consuming all available URLs obtained with llRequestURL() on a parcel?

I have a customer that reports my product that does support inbound HTTP requests is throwing an error indicating that it can't obtain a URL when llRequestURL is issued.

I suspect that something else on the parcel is behaving badly and requesting URLs over and over, as it behaves for a while after the region is restarted.

Also, on a side note... is the sim code smart enough to release a URL of an object when it is deleted in-world?

1 hour ago, Phate Shepherd said:

throwing an error indicating that it can't obtain a URL when llRequestURL is issued

What is the exact script error?

Also, on a side note... is the sim code smart enough to release a URL of an object when it is deleted in-world?

It "should" be.

Also, are you verifying the number of URL's consumed per parcel via About Land > General > Script Info? (don't forget to refesh and/or close/open the floater when checking each parcel)

Although, I "think" I'm currently seeing a bug with an incorrect reported max url allowance over group owned land.

Max URL's "should" follow the sim-wide prim max amount per land owner, unless something changed in the last few years.

Ok, what I "think" I'm seeing is a geometric center location query bug where two joined parcels are far apart and are separated by other owner land and the location between is being queried for data. Somehow all urls for parcels within this "bounding box" are totaled?

@Whirly Fizzle can you remind me of that jira number regarding this? I know I've seen it filed for something else.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

What is the exact script error?

It isn't a script error, the llRequestURL() is reporting URL_REQUEST_DENIED as there are no more URLs available on the parcel. My script detects that and reports to the user an error about being unable to get a URL.

I am trying to help this person find out what object on his parcel is misbehaving and causing the problem.

It isn't a script error, the llRequestURL() is reporting URL_REQUEST_DENIED as there are no more URLs available on the parcel. My script detects that and reports to the user an error about being unable to get a URL.

I am trying to help this person find out what object on his parcel is misbehaving and causing the problem.

I assume you're going by llGetFreeURLs()?

If not, there are several other scenarios that could cause URL_REQUEST_DENIED to be returned.

Before I even asked the customer, they had found that their new security system was the cause. It had used up every available URL on their parcel. I also found that in parcel script info, it shows the URL count for each script... so next time it happens, I can point them directly to the cause.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:25 PM, Lucia Nightfire said:

Ok, what I "think" I'm seeing is a geometric center location query bug where two joined parcels are far apart and are separated by other owner land and the location between is being queried for data. Somehow all urls for parcels within this "bounding box" are totaled?

@Whirly Fizzle can you remind me of that jira number regarding this? I know I've seen it filed for something else.

SCR-133 - Script Info reporting on discontiguous parcels is not working as expected.

..and linked issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.