If someone else uses my own texture without permission, What should I do?,

shirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

By the time I was spending time wandering around SIM recently, I saw Avatar who looked just like me. 

Like a copy of myself,  I use is Fury Avatar, and I've spent a lot of time making it.

But it's pretty unpleasant, because this User, using my Skin without permission, and this user using it like Avatar to make sure it doesn't matter.

- I have a procedure that I have consistently made and modified to make this Avatar, an original file, and other previous Skin version files.

Edited by shirano

6 answers to this question

If you MADE the skin, or any other parts of your avatar, you have the right to submit a DMCA takedown notice.

If you, like most of us, assembled your avatar out of commercially available components, you have no right to complain.

If you encounter someone, and they seem to instantly steal your appearance and become your identical twin, they're using an illegal viewer with "copybot" capability, and you can Abuse Report them.

I had this happen to me as well on a furry character some time back. I had multiple people over the years rip her skin.. i'm now afraid to bring her in to public wearing it.

I had reported one person, provided proof, all that jazz.. LL pretty much just ignored it and me.

Best of luck.. but i'd suggest refraining from using skins of characters you are attached to; there are many sticky fingers around the furry communities.

Edited by RitaCallisto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.