You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In SL, most avatars are oversized compared to realistic measurements with lots of men and women being >200 cm. When I shape my avatars, I use height and proportion as guidelines, which leads to a lot of people pointing out that they think I'm short - at 185 cm (164 for my alt, though she frequently wears heels!).

This is also why furniture and animations often look weird and unproportionate. Some creators shape their mesh with realistic measurements much like a carpenter would, whilst others make the furniture to fit their 230 cm tall, t-rex-armed pinhead of an avatar. Whenever I end up snogging with someone, my lips generally tend to be quite a bit south of their chin because the animations are designed for a very tall man leaning down a lot to kiss a shorter woman. And whenever I try a pose where in the ad, the model is holding her hand up towards her chin, my alt plants her palm halfway through her face, as many SL avatars have baby hands, stubby arms, and giraffe necks. 

In another instance, I made a new version of my shape to size up my avatar for a shoot as I figured that was easier than telling the person I was shooting with that she was grossly out of proportion - I think I ended up being 205 cm or so - and when I came back home I couldn't get through the doorways, which I found hilarious. 

Anyway, that's just SL being SL. I don't know if vertically challenged gentlemen congregate anywhere in particular, or even if the popular mesh bodies for men go much shorter than I already am (most of my sliders in body shape are way over to the left already).

Snapshot_011.thumb.png.ecdbf046e59e34390bb510ce67170d9c.png

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Anyway, that's just SL being SL. I don't know if vertically challenged gentlemen congregate anywhere in particular, or even if the popular mesh bodies for men go much shorter than I already am (most of my sliders in body shape are way over to the left already). 

I tried this just out of curiosity. I got  1.57m (5.16 feet) with Signature Geralt and 1.46m  (4.80 feet) with Signature Gianni. It leaves hands and feet ridiculously over-sized though, even when those are shrunk down to 0. And you really do not want to see it. The mesh "breaks" and looks ridiculous around the butt and crotch. It's really not usable at this height.

With Maitreya I got down to 4.94 feet (1.50m) and even at minimum height there is no distortion, it is a usable body shape at this height.

IN all cases I took head size down to about 30 to maintain proper proportions. Taking head size down to 0 only loses another 1cm.

• Like 1

Maybe it's because of where i live or something, but most of the shorter guys I know remind me of chihuahuas. Where the bigger guys seem more gentle and calm like a big ole mastiff.. hehehehe

I'm told I'm short myself at close to 5 ft tall.. I'll fight another girl in a heart beat and not care how big they are and give it my all if i have to..hehehe

My husband is 6'5 and 280+ pounds and calm as it gets, where these guys at work that are eye level with me, they have some really short tempers and just look mad all the time..

I think they just feel they have more to prove or something, which i can relate to..

Really I'm sure there are nice men in all sizes, I'm just being really gabby tonight..

OK Ceka, time to put down the wine!!

hehehe

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My husband is 6'5 and 280+ pounds and calm as it gets, where these guys at work that are eye level with me, they have some really short tempers and just look mad all the time..

I believe that just like everything else it has do with someones mentality and not that much about height or whatever.
For example i am 5' 10" (1.76m) in RL which is not considered tall in my country (just 1cm above country average) and haven't had a fight for 25 years, although just like everyone else here i had military training and later in my civil life had to interact with people pointing guns at me, others that while i was driving my motorcycle almost run over me because they were careless or even funny cases such as girlfriend's cheating or whatever.
If everyone was hot tempered this planet would be a nuclear desert land since the times of the cold war between USA and USSR.

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:
I believe that just like everything else it has do with someones mentality and not that much about height or whatever.
For example i am 5' 10" (1.76m) in RL which is not considered tall in my country (just 1cm above country average) and haven't had a fight for 25 years, although just like everyone else here i had military training and later in my civil life had to interact with people pointing guns at me, others that while i was driving my motorcycle almost run over me because they were careless or even funny cases such as girlfriend's cheating or whatever.
If everyone was hot tempered this planet would be a nuclear desert land since the times of the cold war between USA and USSR.

yea, I wasn't being too serious with that really..

If you look a little lower in what i said, I said I'm sure there are nice guys in all sizes ..hehehe

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

yea, I wasn't being too serious with that really..

If you look a little lower in what i said, I said I'm sure there are nice guys in all sizes ..hehehe

Yes i know you weren't and neither was i. Actually i am talking about those fellows you have at RL work looking bad tempered and mad.

2JL3.gif

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.