12 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Is this not relevant information, and are not discussion the only thing, we as residents do, in General Discussions?

it's not the subject of the topic, the thought you bring in has more than enough potential to have a own thread.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jumpman Lane said:

Yeah, that's too bad. You can write all the support tickects and even BE premium but if its not written the right way and understood, it is generally ignored. That is why going to g team meetings is so important. Further, it is why Lindens holding g team MEETINGS is important. Your friend needs to talk to a LInden.

Geez, looks like LL have just given up on any form of user support unless your the special few if what you say is correct. Not only are you you saying only premium accounts now get live chat instead of that as well as region owners/managers (I would be surprised by that but if true, sad to see) but also you need to personally talk to a Linden to get something resolved instead of using their support ticket system available to all users. Talk about Lazy staff if that's the case. Why have the support ticket system at all?

Also the fact that they hold these special 'gteam' meetings (I've never heard of them) to show how to write an AR that will be acted on just goes to show why we still have griefers and other issues on the grid. What a laughable and senseless system LL would introduce where they ignore all other AR's unless you somehow magically know exactly the right way to write them to be not ignored. Heaven help all those international people that want to submit an AR but don't have the time to stay up till god knows what hour to actually attend a meeting in US time with the Lindens.

We already have that issue with the other meetings with LL being for many international people pointless due to hours now we have to put up with having AR's ignored.

Perhaps a better system would be for LL to actually employ better support people that can understand and look at unbiased AR's depending on how they are written.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, I was 100% correct. It is a WWII roleplay combat this occurred in. I was able to find groups: one with Allied players, one with German Panzer Army and one with Axis players including Imperial Japanese Army Navy.

All founded by a person I will not name, but who has her account on hold. The group for Axis players should have disclaimers about the roleplay, as the other group has. I could not view her profile, so I can not say if she as necessary information there.

A non native English speaker could be goaded to use the wrong words after a long discussion, and an Abuse Report with a snip of the conversation could be enough to put her account on hold. As a safety measure until a senior Linden can look over the case.

I believe this can be solved , but I will suggest help of an English speaking person that can explain the context in a ticket.

Maybe this is on topic now?

It is a very good proof that arguing is dangerous. Eject, ban and mute instead of discussion. Discussion is harmful for you.

The best advice you got for this, is from @Nick0678. I would follow his every word about handling people who come and start an argument. They never have good intentions. 

Edited by Marianne Little
added the "..founded of" part.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

As far as I am aware, any items or groups with Nazi (WW2 or otherwise) content are not allowed within SL. My guess is that the region admin has been put on hold due to this. 

Edited by Lewis Luminos

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lewis Luminos said:

As far as I am aware, any items or groups with Nazi (WW2 or otherwise) content are not allowed within SL. My guess is that the region admin has been put on hold due to this. 

In 2010, I found this: http://slnewserplaces.blogspot.com/2010/09/ww2-combat-roleplay.html

In 2015, I found this https://zoeconnolly.blogspot.com/2015/02/sl-regions-nazi-occupied-france-part-2.html

One of the groups say this: Playing as a German team with historical costumes and equipment does not justify, approve or support the criminal acts committed by the regime that was in control this time. I have altered the words slightly.

That does not have to be allowed even if they think so, it is LL that makes the rules..

The only way to find out if this has overstepped a line, is to open a dialog with LL.

Edited by Marianne Little

Personal opinion only, as Marianne says it's LL's ballgame...

If a group is engaged in historical WW II combat re-creation, German uniforms would be OK.

If the roleplay involves re-creating individual Nazi behavior and attitudes, such as putting people in concentration camps, racial intolerance, and the horrors of the Holocaust, then it would be decidedly NOT OK.  Especially in 2020, with racism and injustice on the top of everyone's mind.

In a similar vein, I live in an area that saw some of the pivotal battles of the U.S. Civil War.  There are historical re-enactment groups that play Union and Confederate troops on the weekend, despite anything to do with the Confederacy now being subject to instant "cancellation" by well-intentioned but (IMO) misguided people.

It's a fine line, and those who are history buffs must walk it cautiously.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rina Apfelbaum said:

she is unable to as her accounts are on 'hold'

She can create an alt account to do this.  As long as the alt is not used to "get around" a ban, but only used to submit an appeal, it's OK.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's a fine line, and those who are history buffs must walk it cautiously.

Yes, but not just history buffs.  The problem with completely removing all references/symbols/etc... of the parts of history that we do not like can have negative consequences much further down the road.  "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am interested in what the current policy is now, I understand WW2 roleplay has been allowed in Second Life before. But society is always evolving, so what was allowed yesteryear might be a bad idea today.

This reference not only concerns the background of the cause, but is also an important issue for the future management of our WW2 theme. Our production team researches historical buildings, realistic equipment, vehicles of the time, etc. and strives to keep balance by using censored versions that are sensitive to people. because this is to enjoy the combat games, not to reproduce it to make a movie. However, if someone try to make a SIM with a world view like 'The Man in the High Castle' on the wonderful mechanism that can realize fantasy of SL in the future, between perfection as a creator and critical people Then, what kind of judgment will be made?

My friend whose account has been suspended this time is the admin and builder of our combat SIM with 40's theme like me.
There is the possibility of creating new topics about the quality of work at SL, the changing historical awareness and sense of values.

In addition, she is currently in talks with Linden under her original account (premium). It didn't need a new premium account, but to provide some account information as instructed by Linden. It also was harked back as if WW2 is related due to the timing of the hold, but it could also be due to Tilia-related payment information issues. For reference to everyone who may be in a similar situation.

Edited by Sia017
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Geez, looks like LL have just given up on any form of user support unless your the special few if what you say is correct. Not only are you you saying only premium accounts now get live chat instead of that as well as region owners/managers (I would be surprised by that but if true, sad to see) but also you need to personally talk to a Linden to get something resolved instead of using their support ticket system available to all users. Talk about Lazy staff if that's the case. Why have the support ticket system at all?

Also the fact that they hold these special 'gteam' meetings (I've never heard of them) to show how to write an AR that will be acted on just goes to show why we still have griefers and other issues on the grid. What a laughable and senseless system LL would introduce where they ignore all other AR's unless you somehow magically know exactly the right way to write them to be not ignored. Heaven help all those international people that want to submit an AR but don't have the time to stay up till god knows what hour to actually attend a meeting in US time with the Lindens.

We already have that issue with the other meetings with LL being for many international people pointless due to hours now we have to put up with having AR's ignored.

Perhaps a better system would be for LL to actually employ better support people that can understand and look at unbiased AR's depending on how they are written.

Drake that's how it's ALWAYS been, unfortunately. And the griefers were WAY worse back in the day. Say The PN back in the day decide to crash my sim just caws I had to talk smack to their turdy leader (which I had to because that fool was a RODEO clown who like to dodge cow pies and look STUPID while he was doin' it lol. But since he bought the farm ages ago, I aint gonna speak but so ill of D3adl3y. In fact, pour one out for ya dead homie!). 

ANYWAY, I digress. Governance Team meetings (Office Hours, now a User Group) is Linden Lab's VERY effective means of dealing with griefing in SL. They took the pro-active steps of educating the residents in SL how to best deal with griefing, how to help THEM (LL) help RESIDENTS by teaching them how to properly write  abuse reports and teaching folks how to write support tickets, so they could be expeditiously and judiciously acted upon such reports.

IF you write an unintelligible AR or support ticket, OF COURSE it's gonna be ignored. If a Linden can't understand it, OF COURSE he's gonna go back to twiddling his thumbs or watching tv or something. He's HUMAN.

As I understand it, we haven't had these lil gteam meetings of late. That's a problem all it's own. I would encourage folks to BEG LL to have someone hold the gteam meetings. Forget the other user groups (they're boring). We NEED The GTeam!

Edited by Jumpman Lane
  • Haha 1

Hello. my friend got banned and no one tells him why. can you write back to me for what he got banned? or taking this ban off him because he is a good guy and no one is doing bad to sl. please i want to help him. his nick on sl is diegopere1ra

10 minutes ago, xKOZAx said:

Hello. my friend got banned and no one tells him why. can you write back to me for what he got banned?

Nobody else here knows either.  We are all SL residents like you and your friend.  You wouldn't want us to have access to your account, in any case.  If your friend has been banned by Linden Lab, they will have sent an e-mail explaining why.  Your friend should double check his e-mail spam filter.

• Like 1