Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

I am in second life enjoying being part of second life and just having fun as I am in a sim along with my friend being an admin and keeping the peace of a combat sim that is filled with potential trouble maker.

One occasion I had to warn someone to wear clothing as he was shown to me naked without wearing a single type of outfits as per sim rule that I am currently being an admin as that  nudity is not allowed so I warn the person very politely and courteous in IM box with him explaining that he need to wear clothing or he should teleported out to an adult sandbox as he is upset as usual and starts to say awful things as commonly people do when they're caught in the act. He claims that he was having issues with his attachments, I observe him for a few minutes he is able to attach certain body part bit with no problem so I assume that he is there with negative intent.

After a while another person shows up as this person is the person that grief me in the few days past and my friend the admin didn't ban him because he uses flashy type of bomb with no push so that is kind of being let go and not press on the issue. He then starts to ask very politely to me as I thought this is going to be a normal polite discussion then he starts to rant off about the sim in theme and how he have problems with the uniforms that is being worn when it is clearly it is combat sim the participant off course wear uniforms matching the side we're fighting for as this is just a combat sim we have no political leaning or anything like that we're not hate group we just here to do combat nothing more nothing less.

As this is his 2nd attempt to just disrupt the peace previously with bombs that is clearly designed to cause problems now he starts to rant off and just cause huge out of character issues ranting on and on about issues that is not his concern as he claims that he is defending his friend that was previously here naked and I warn that person to kindly leave. If he had an issues with combat uniforms as we wore it because it is authentic real in theme and real in world historical uniforms. He even go so far as to threaten me with soft threats about how he have a real life friend a lawyer.

Due to that, my friend and I decide to ban the said person because of the person is nothing but disruptive force to the sim and brought nothing positive to the sim. 

After a few moments after we ban the said person then my friend account suddenly was put on hold by Linden labs. I was confused as well she told me that there were no warning issued in her email account and her ticket was not replied or any sort of explanation given.

So I am asking everyone here,

Do we sim admins that keep the peace in a sim from potential grievers and trouble makers have to be terrorize with grievers that have the ability to simple create false report and get our colleagues sim admin get into trouble and have her account being put on hold ?

We had already full days filled with grievers that use various any thing that is in their hands just to create problems in the sim we're responsible off now they add this method on top of that ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It helps lots, at least if she can know the reason, there will be a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, go premium so you can live chat The Lab. When trouble comes you want to reach an actual person.

Second, you got land powah! USE it. Don't get all chatty with the dummies neither. If ya talk to 'em, they got your name and can report YOU. If some dummy breaks a rule, ANY rule on land where YOU have powah, JUST USE IT.

I suspect English isn't your first language. Be careful when dealin with the lab. If those pesky Lindens cant unnastan ya, they ignore ya.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

31 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Check the spam folder on the email they use,  they always send a reason.

All right I will try to inform her about that spam thing.

10 minutes ago, Jumpman Lane said:

First, go premium so you can live chat The Lab. When trouble comes you want to reach an actual person.

Second, you got land powah! USE it. Don't get all chatty with the dummies neither. If ya talk to 'em, they got your name and can report YOU. If some dummy breaks a rule, ANY rule on land where YOU have powah, JUST USE IT.

I suspect English isn't your first language. Be careful when dealin with the lab. If those pesky Lindens cant unnastan ya, they ignore ya.

 

I guess , I have to , to do as you say jumpman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rina Apfelbaum said:

 

All right I will try to inform her about that spam thing.

I guess , I have to , to do as you say jumpman

at LEAST go premium. That way you can actual reach a person at the lab. LIVE SUPPORT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jumpman Lane said:

at LEAST go premium. That way you can actual reach a person at the lab. LIVE SUPPORT.

THIS. This alone is worth Premium in my opinion.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jumpman Lane said:

at LEAST go premium. That way you can actual reach a person at the lab. LIVE SUPPORT.

The person concerned was Premium. so after that account got ban, she needs another premium account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


To Linden Lab.
[MODERATOR EDIT: Username removed]
It is very likely that your account has been frozen from Linden. Linden Labs should investigate who is calling Linden.
If this case was a false accusation, I think it was the accusator who wanted to freeze the account.
Linden Lab's attitude of trusting unilaterally malicious reports is also questioned.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tako Pancake  You should removed the resident's name from your post.  That person is going to have to contact LL in regards to their own account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rina Apfelbaum said:

Do we sim admins that keep the peace in a sim from potential grievers and trouble makers have to be terrorize with grievers that have the ability to simple create false report and get our colleagues sim admin get into trouble and have her account being put on hold ?

No need to go premium or anything , your friends account is simply "On Hold" not "Banned" . Tell her to login and write a ticket to support, they will explain to her the reason and eventually after 2-3 days her account will be active again. Going premium won't change anything.

Regarding your sim abilities always eject people without much blah blah, eject + refer to them the regions rules that were violated and thats it. more talking will lead to troubles.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few tips on how to be safe and not be tricked again.

1) Write ALL the region rules in a notecard that will be delivered automatically to everyone who enters the region.

2) Update the Region Covenant with those rules

3) When you see someone who violates those rules eject them and write them a message "You have been ejected due to violating the regions covenant rule #'whatever number is' "

4)Entering a  private region is not a right. If you react like somebody has a right to be there although violating the region covenant you are being dragged in to unnecessary  conversations and depending on your communication abilities eventually tricked to say things that later could somehow be used against you. Your communication as a Region Manager should always be stoic. No need for drama, no need for further explanations, no overanalysis. Take care.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

No need to go premium or anything , your friends account is simply "On Hold" not "Banned" . Tell her to login and write a ticket to support, they will explain to her the reason and eventually after 2-3 days her account will be active again. Going premium won't change anything.

Regarding your sim abilities always eject people without much blah blah, eject + refer to them the regions rules that were violated and thats it. more talking will lead to troubles.

Nah, premium is worth it and attending gteam meetings (when they have them) is too.  By attending gteam meetings you learn how to write abuse reports and support tickets that will actually get looked at. By having premium, you're assured that a live person will actually look into your lil matters.

Look OP , you can take this dude's advice if you want to; but,  I'm SURE I've had more dealings with griefers and the gteam than THIS dude. I've been friends and enemies of both. Friends with Tizzers, enemies of D3adl3y. Friends with Zara, enemy of Torley's

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jumpman Lane said:

Nah, premium is worth it and attending gteam meetings

She is going to waste her/his money to become premium just to be told that her account will be unlocked in 2-3 days after the ticket that she has to write will be processed. The job that a region manager has to do is not to file AR's, you eject or ban the person who has violated the region covenant and that's it.Never needed premium and i have been a landlord with more than 5500 tenants the last 5 years.(probably more but too bored now to check casperlet)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

A few tips on how to be safe and not be tricked again.

1) Write ALL the region rules in a notecard that will be delivered automatically to everyone who enters the region.

2) Update the Region Covenant with those rules

3) When you see someone who violates those rules eject them and write them a message "You have been ejected due to violating the regions covenant rule #'whatever number is' "

4)Entering a  private region is not a right. If you react like somebody has a right to be there although violating the region covenant you are being dragged in to unnecessary  conversations and depending on your communication abilities eventually tricked to say things that later could somehow be used against you. Your communication as a Region Manager should always be stoic. No need for drama, no need for further explanations, no overanalysis. Take care.

Don't listen to NONE that advice. You ain't guaranteed to be safe when you log into Second Life. There's people that log in JUST to wreck your day. Op you worried about somebody breaking a RULE? People used to crash your sim just cause you were on it.  it aint as easy as it used to be. That's the only reason folks ain't running around doing it now.

Don't run from drama. Stand up and face these fools down. They on YOUR land. Now, generally I don't spend all day talking to dummies. I'd just ban eject them and roll on. BUT if they got my pal suspended I'd make it my BUSINESS to make em pay. IF. IT. TOOK. YEARS. They gonna bow down to me before it's all said and done. If I ain't known for nothing at all, I'm known for that!

Edited by Jumpman Lane
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The griefers probably submitted an Abuse Report against your friend, and it's likely that they slanted the report to make her look as if she'd committed some Terms of Service violation.

She should submit an Abuse Report of her own, and appeal the suspension.  She should state, briefly, clearly, and unemotionally, what occurred, and state that she was within her rights as the region admin to ban this person/these people for bad behavior.  She should include the date, time, and location of the encounter, so LL can review their chat and IM logs.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

A few tips on how to be safe and not be tricked again.

1) Write ALL the region rules in a notecard that will be delivered automatically to everyone who enters the region.

2) Update the Region Covenant with those rules

3) When you see someone who violates those rules eject them and write them a message "You have been ejected due to violating the regions covenant rule #'whatever number is' "

4)Entering a  private region is not a right. If you react like somebody has a right to be there although violating the region covenant you are being dragged in to unnecessary  conversations and depending on your communication abilities eventually tricked to say things that later could somehow be used against you. Your communication as a Region Manager should always be stoic. No need for drama, no need for further explanations, no overanalysis. Take care.

Okay will apply your advice I will setup such a method of a system that will do that and I will just be as you say.

58 minutes ago, Jumpman Lane said:

Don't listen to NONE that advice. You ain't guaranteed to be safe when you log into Second Life. There's people that log in JUST to wreck your day. Op you worried about somebody breaking a RULE? People used to crash your sim just cause you were on it.  it aint as easy as it used to be. That's the only reason folks ain't running around doing it now.

Don't run from drama. Stand up and face these fools down. They on YOUR land. Now, generally I don't spend all day talking to dummies. I'd just ban eject them and roll on. BUT if they got my pal suspended I'd make it my BUSINESS to make em pay. IF. IT. TOOK. YEARS. They gonna bow down to me before it's all said and done. If I ain't known for nothing at all, I'm known for that!

Problem is that my friend is premium and she seem to unable to get a response from LL even when she send a support ticket, yes you're correct she is not a fluent english speaker, so in second life , in linden labs, there is no international support team that take in complain from a Japanese users ?

The support ticket look very weird there is no tab for requesting a more detailed sub topics it is as if it is pre locked at a certain state.  she tried to use another alt but that is also put on 'hold' as now she have no way of communicating with LL at all.

24 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The griefers probably submitted an Abuse Report against your friend, and it's likely that they slanted the report to make her look as if she'd committed some Terms of Service violation.

She should submit an Abuse Report of her own, and appeal the suspension.  She should state, briefly, clearly, and unemotionally, what occurred, and state that she was within her rights as the region admin to ban this person/these people for bad behavior.  She should include the date, time, and location of the encounter, so LL can review their chat and IM logs.

Yes I think so too, again I will pass the information but sadly she is unable to as her accounts are on 'hold' and I will try to convey your methods to her if possible as I have no access to my friend other then second life.. I will pass the information through other means I hope she still there listening.

Again I appreciate all of your reply and I hope that my friend able to read this as well and attempt your solution upon the said issue / problem.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rina Apfelbaum said:

Okay will apply your advice I will setup such a method of a system that will do that and I will just be as you say.

Remain calm and all will be fine. Don't worry the team that processes AR's is very experienced with cases like these and when they put an account "On hold" it's not to punish the user but to figure out what has happened. Take care.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managers who suspend players accounts should use it properly. she have used that account over 10 years and owns her land without Violation of TOS. We hope that no one get a false accuse and lost precious account.
Thank you for creating this topic in the forum, and thank you to all the participants for replying and sharing the information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Rina Apfelbaum said:

Okay will apply your advice I will setup such a method of a system that will do that and I will just be as you say.

Problem is that my friend is premium and she seem to unable to get a response from LL even when she send a support ticket, yes you're correct she is not a fluent english speaker, so in second life , in linden labs, there is no international support team that take in complain from a Japanese users ?

The support ticket look very weird there is no tab for requesting a more detailed sub topics it is as if it is pre locked at a certain state.  she tried to use another alt but that is also put on 'hold' as now she have no way of communicating with LL at all.

Yes I think so too, again I will pass the information but sadly she is unable to as her accounts are on 'hold' and I will try to convey your methods to her if possible as I have no access to my friend other then second life.. I will pass the information through other means I hope she still there listening.

Again I appreciate all of your reply and I hope that my friend able to read this as well and attempt your solution upon the said issue / problem.

Yeah, that's too bad. You can write all the support tickects and even BE premium but if its not written the right way and understood, it is generally ignored. That is why going to g team meetings is so important. Further, it is why Lindens holding g team MEETINGS is important. Your friend needs to talk to a LInden.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jumpman Lane said:

at LEAST go premium. That way you can actual reach a person at the lab. LIVE SUPPORT.

when the account  is a region manager or owner he/she always has access tot live chat, it's in the concierge support packet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The griefers probably submitted an Abuse Report against your friend, and it's likely that they slanted the report to make her look as if she'd committed some Terms of Service violation.

She should submit an Abuse Report of her own, and appeal the suspension.  She should state, briefly, clearly, and unemotionally, what occurred, and state that she was within her rights as the region admin to ban this person/these people for bad behavior.  She should include the date, time, and location of the encounter, so LL can review their chat and IM logs.

it might be the usual problem that the messages of LL don't contain any point to what happened, just a general mentioning of the breach of TOS. And, in responding they won't tell it either. In these matters their system is seriously lacking any type of help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Combat + Roleplay + Uniforms. Am I reading this wrong when my first thought was that this is a roleplay combat region related to World War II? When one can wear uniforms realistic to that war?

Quote: "how he have problems with the uniforms that is being worn when it is clearly it is combat sim the participant off course wear uniforms matching the side we're fighting for as this is just a combat sim we have no political leaning or anything like that we're not hate group we just here to do combat nothing more nothing less."

If it is not so, I can still ask what the policy is on roleplaying realistic time periods with beliefs from that time. Is realistic German uniforms banned? Is language where a person roleplay with realistic language from that period banned? And what about other roleplay, like a battle with Confederate troops from the American Civil War? These would have flags and insignia that are offensive today, when they were worn very recently by NASCAR, just as example.

These two examples is from times where symbols and language, if used today, and in real life, would be dealt with in a very serious manner.

I am interested in what the current policy is now, I understand WW2 roleplay has been allowed in Second Life before. But society is always evolving, so what was allowed yesteryear might be a bad idea today.

Any thoughts?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

totally off topic?

That is your option. The OP's post says the uniforms being worn and the theme is what the discussion turned into. The OP also state "We are not a hate group" which I can only believe is an accusation she has heard, directed against them.

Is this not relevant information, and are not discussion the only thing, we as residents do, in General Discussions?

 

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling error
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...