RLV kicking you out of bondage for no reason

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there! I hope you’re all well. So, here’s the problem. My sub and I love playing long term bondage. But she experiences a problem, in that most bondage RLV pieces simply throw her out, regardless of what it says she has left to go on the timer. These are from different manufacturers, and crucially they do not have this problem with other subs. She is concerned it may be a relay problem or something - any ideas? Thank you! Sx

Depending on the relay or collar.. if you  clear or the safeword any of the restrictions it may make you stand up off of the bondage furniture.  Temporarily breaking the immersion. 

Some when clear/safeword  is used on the collar or relay send a  force stand rlv command.  Making you  stand up. 

Not all furniture has the scripts to recapture someone on a relog. It has to be done manually. 

If a crash or log out happens it won't just automatically grab them again  all the time.  Plus some  ao's will change your position because they override the animation of the furniture. 

It could be several things. 

That’s true. :) As I say, this happens with items that do recapture other subs - and with controlled experiments in what happens - using the same RLV item, same setting, AO off, just different avatar. So I am trying to identify what possible reason it could be? Cheers! 

Different avatars won't cause it. Could be a viewer thing. Maybe  it's taking to long on the re log and the viewer is dropping the request to recapture. 

Could  be lag related  if the same  rlv items.. collar or relay is being used with the same settings in the item. 

A lagging connection may  cause the viewer to not receive and recognize the rlv items request at the right time during the log in time. 

Or maybe a slower computer  dropping packets  and not keeping up with all the requests and dropping some. 

Just a few things more to think on.

@LustraHeroine just a random "thank you" for not only continuing to post in your own thread but thanking someone who helped you. There's a long standing thread here about pet peeves, and it comes up several times a year that a pet peeve is a newcomer to the Forum showing up, asking a question and then never returning again. Help is offered and there is no feed back etc. Kinda crazy, I know, but it happens a lot. So... here's your thanks. ♥ I'd say "good girl" but wrong side of the slash. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh hey @SeicherRae - that’s so nice of you! It’s a pleasure to post on a place like this and have someone engaged enough - as Drakonadrgora was - to respond, and with patience too. I was really chuffed at that, and it was the least I could do to express my thanks - I had fully expected tumbleweed or a flaming from someone, so his openness to me, and yours, are lovely. Have a wonderful evening! Cheers! Sx

Edited by LustraHeroine
Tagging the respondent. :)
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.