What personality type are you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's a common experience for us introverts.  We can fake being outgoing pretty well when we have to.  True extroverts have a much harder time faking introversion.

I taught large classes for about 20 years.  When it was class time, I would walk across campus and feel myself getting psyched up for it.  I'd teach for the hour, in my best on-stage fake personality, and then walk back to my office.  I could feel myself decompressing and relaxing all the way back.  I got very good at it -- I've used the same system in making presentations before large audiences many times -- but I will never feel as comfortable as I do when I am all by myself or in a one-on-one situation.  I'm not a party person.

For the most part, this is me.  Given how introverted I typically am, I was actually pretty surprised in the beginning when I was teaching some classes at how comfortable I got with it, but it only ever carried over into technical things that I was giving classes or presentations on. 

I do not do social gatherings well at all.  Though once a year, my husband and I throw a huge party.  Over the course of the entire afternoon/evening, there will often be 75-100 people come through our house.  Somehow, I'm able to plant that smile on and play hostess - enough to get by anyway - and totally for his sake.  The next day, I am extremely wiped, not wanting to see or talk to anyone at all.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 3

Deigning to Roligs dedicated past profession & expertise, my "theme" with my students is.. "what cognitive disability? I don't see one?"
No no... you're not that "type of person" you're an individual and this is how we have to learn.

Remove the negativity of labels, boost confidence in an unobtrusive fashion, sit back and watch them perform like never before.
To see "disabled" (<- *hisssses), youth emerge from the lifelong labels & cocoons they've been pigeonholed into, and laugh without a care in the world
for what might be the very first time, is absolutely exhilarating. 
Labels/Types? Shoove em oop ya jumper Goovna!
They don't cut it in my presence. 😝 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.