What personality type are you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Kind of nailed the INTP part too. :/  Although, honestly, I could relate to a lot of these, especially the "can we stay on point" ones. :)

it did :D although I could totally be also this INTJ who said "this meeting should have been an email". Oh well, I should put that into my business mail signature :D

• Haha 2

I've always got INFP-T no matter how many times I take the test, or how many years seems to pass between the retakes either. I guess I'm just really INFP. Honestly it fits me like a glove so I don't know why I want one of the "cooler" results. I think that says something about my mindset haha. 

INFP-T.png

• Like 1

if we are doing personality by alcohol then I am tequila shots

because loud and noisy party person, singing all the songs off-key and everybody's drunky friend until I have one too many. Which is usually the third shot after the first two, and I then just want to go home and have a sleep 😺

• Haha 4

I'm an Advocate personslity.

Mind
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
8%

92%
EXTRAVERTED
INTROVERTED
Energy
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
83%

17%
INTUITIVE
OBSERVANT
Nature
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
18%

82%
THINKING
FEELING
Tactics
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
71%

29%
JUDGING
PROSPECTING
Identity
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
18%

82%
ASSERTIVE
TURBULENT

Lots of INFP-Ts here (that's me too) For me at least, it's 100% accurate, every word. Zodiac on the other hand, couldn't be farther from the truth.

The appeal for the personality category thing is, it's comforting to know I'm not the only weirdo with weird issues.

2 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

Lots of INFP-Ts here (that's me too) For me at least, it's 100% accurate, every word. Zodiac on the other hand, couldn't be farther from the truth.

The appeal for the personality category thing is, it's comforting to know I'm not the only weirdo with weird issues.

I've noticed that too! But I thought I read that INFP-Ts were meant to make up only 3-4% of the population. Maybe all of us are congregating here 😄

12 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

I've noticed that too! But I thought I read that INFP-Ts were meant to make up only 3-4% of the population. Maybe all of us are congregating here 😄

You do realize that a personality can change to whatever you like and this is based (as long as you give honest answers) on how you allowed your "current" life experiences to shape/have an impact to your character. Many people do that by switching their environment variables. For example a shy guy goes to the gym and with hard work becomes more confident so eventually swaps from being an introvert to an extrovert.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

You do realize that a personality can change to whatever you like and this is based (as long as you give honest answers) on how you allowed your "current" life experiences to shape/have an impact to your character. Many people do that by switching their environment variables. For example a shy guy goes to the gym and with hard work becomes more confident so eventually swaps from being an introvert to an extrovert.

Yeh that's true and definitely possible to tweak certain aspects or maybe even change drastically. And people change through time anyway.

My personal experience with the whole introversion vs extroversion is that every year I make a resolution to be more extroverted to help with work and I do get better with it, but I tend to slip back to my natural state eventually. I can be better with it but at 84% introversion I don't think I'd ever switch to the other side.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

For example a shy guy goes to the gym and with hard work becomes more confident so eventually swaps from being an introvert to an extrovert.

Not quire sure of what you're implying here, but just wanted to point out that being an introvert doesn't mean one is lacking in confidence or that they are shy (though they can be those things too) -- it simply means they are energized by doing activities alone whereas an extrovert is energized by others.

Edited by Luna Bliss

I have an extroverted cat who annoys me at times. He is super-energetic with the other cats and with me, plows headfirst into everything, not stopping to 'reflect' as his siblings do, and he wants to be by me at all times, his head or a paw on my foot when I'm at my desk (if he can't be on my lap).  His original name was so inappropriate for him (Tao, a quite reflective meditative being), that I changed his name to 'Buddy'...lol.  He's very cute, but needs to be taken in small doses for an introvert like me. 

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AdminGirl said:

Yeh that's true and definitely possible to tweak certain aspects or maybe even change drastically. And people change through time anyway.

My personal experience with the whole introversion vs extroversion is that every year I make a resolution to be more extroverted to help with work and I do get better with it, but I tend to slip back to my natural state eventually. I can be better with it but at 84% introversion I don't think I'd ever switch to the other side.

Of course and you have no reason to change if it's not necessary . What i am saying is that personality isn't static, it can change.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Not quire sure of what you're implying here, but just wanted to point out that being an introvert doesn't mean one is lacking in confidence or that they are shy (though they can be those things too) -- it simply means they are energized by doing activities alone whereas an extrovert is energized by others.

I am saying that personality isn't static, it can change depending on our comfort zone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:
21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I am saying that personality isn't static, it can change depending on our comfort zone.

Ok, glad you aren't implying us introverts are defective somehow...you know this is a common perception unfortunately...

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Ok, glad you aren't implying us introverts are defective somehow...you know this is a common perception unfortunately...

Nah i don't care about that, people can be anything they like, i am explaining why some people can also find reactions of other MBTI groups to suit them.

A predefined standard that we are supposed to live all of our life simply doesn't exist and a persons personality can change at anytime.

6 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

A predefined standard that we are supposed to live all of our life simply doesn't exist and a persons personality can change at anytime.

You'll never find me denying that, as I'm a big proponent of changing consciousness when it is needed, through whatever means one is attracted to. However, some traits would definitely be more difficult to change than others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

That's a common experience for us introverts.  We can fake being outgoing pretty well when we have to.  True extroverts have a much harder time faking introversion.

I taught large classes for about 20 years.  When it was class time, I would walk across campus and feel myself getting psyched up for it.  I'd teach for the hour, in my best on-stage fake personality, and then walk back to my office.  I could feel myself decompressing and relaxing all the way back.  I got very good at it -- I've used the same system in making presentations before large audiences many times -- but I will never feel as comfortable as I do when I am all by myself or in a one-on-one situation.  I'm not a party person.

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.