What personality type are you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Depending on the time of day I'm swinging between Artist and Mediator and something else I forgot. And that tells you all about how "freakishly accurate" this test is. 
Also, I do not believe in horoscopes, yet if I read a description about how libra people are supposed to be, it fits me to a T (the same happens to anti-horoscopes that tell you the bad sides of the signs). That also tells you something about this test. So I'd never take it too serious. But - it's a good way to take a look at how you view yourself, what you like in yourself, and stuff like that. 

• Like 3

ENTJ

Extravert(19%)  iNtuitive(9%)  Thinking(22%)  Judging(3%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (19%)
  • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (9%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (22%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (3%)

OC08d0M.png

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

not surprising :SwingingFriends:

INTJ

Introvert(50%)  iNtuitive(3%)  Thinking(6%)  Judging(25%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (50%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Intuition over Sensing (3%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (6%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (25%)

Because you appear to have marginal or no (3%) preference of Intuition over Sensing, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:
    INTJ and ISTJ.
Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

Definitely ISFJ-A

Apparently - see below - and this is true - I am the least likely of all the personality types to want to ever travel into space. 

DefenderPersonality

ISFJ-A 
Explore Your Type
Insight of the Day
Defenders are the least likely personality type to want to travel to space someday.
Source: Traveling Preferences survey, 10179 respondents.

Strengths & Weaknesses

Defender Strengths

Defender (ISFJ) strengths
  • Supportive – Defenders are the universal helpers, sharing their knowledge, experience, time and energy with anyone who needs it, and all the more so with friends and family. People with this personality type strive for win-win situations, choosing empathy over judgment whenever possible. I have a ridiculous amount of empathy, which has led me to be a magnet for people with narcissistic personality disorder.
  • Reliable and Patient – Rather than offering sporadic, excited rushes that leave things half finished, Defenders are meticulous and careful, taking a steady approach and bending with the needs of the situation just enough to accomplish their end goals. Defenders not only ensure that things are done to the highest standard, but often go well beyond what is required. Moreso when I was younger I would say this was true, for in no less than three previous jobs have they had to replace me with two people to cover the same workload. I can have a temper, but I can also have infinite patience when properly involved in a task that I may see as worthwhile. I never let others down. If I say I am going to do something with/for someone, then I do it, even if on the day I don't want to.
  • Imaginative and Observant – Defenders are very imaginative, and use this quality as an accessory to empathy, observing others’ emotional states and seeing things from their perspective. With their feet firmly planted on the ground, it is a very practical imagination, though they do find things quite fascinating and inspiring. There's that word again coming up - empathy.  And this point is absolutely true about me.  Being able to observe others' emotional states in Second Life is more difficult.
  • Enthusiastic – When the goal is right, Defenders take all this support, reliability and imagination and apply it to something they believe will make a difference in people’s lives – whether fighting poverty with a global initiative or simply making a customer’s day. Uncannily correct.  As people who knew me in world as a ghost hunter back in the day, I also have applied this attitude to situatons in real life.
  • Loyal and Hard-Working – Given a little time, this enthusiasm grows into loyalty – Defender personalities often form an emotional attachment to the ideas and organizations they’ve dedicated themselves to. Anything short of meeting their obligations with good, hard work fails their own expectations. Yes, unfortunately this has a downside. I am my own hard task master (mistress!).
  • Good Practical Skills – The best part is, Defenders have the practical sense to actually do something with all this altruism. If mundane, routine tasks are what need to be done, Defenders can see the beauty and harmony that they create, because they know that it helps them to care for their friends, family, and anyone else who needs it. True. Otherwise I would not have been able to continue being a carer for my brother out in real life for 17+ years.  I'm more likely to want a practical than a pretty life in real or Second life.

Defender Weaknesses

Defender (ISFJ) weaknesses
  • Humble and Shy – The meek shall inherit the earth, but it’s a long road if they receive no recognition at all. This is possibly Defenders’ biggest challenge, as they are so concerned with others’ feelings that they refuse to make their thoughts known, or to take any duly earned credit for their contributions. Defenders’ standards for themselves are also so high that, knowing they could have done some minor aspect of a task better, they often downplay their successes entirely. Every day I beat myself up about something I could have done better. And I am grateful for the little successes.
  • Take Things Too Personally – Defenders have trouble separating personal and impersonal situations – any situation is still an interaction between two people, after all – and any negativity from conflict or criticism can carry over from their professional to their personal lives, and back again. Definitely true - but I think I am getting much better at this. 
  • Repress Their Feelings – People with the Defender personality type are private and very sensitive, internalizing their feelings a great deal. Much in the way that Defenders protect others’ feelings, they must protect their own, and this lack of healthy emotional expression can lead to a lot of stress and frustration. I will speak my mind a lot, but more often I just walk out of the room, be it real or virtually real.  Example, there are many times on the forums I could have got involved with the tip tap arguments that often ensue, but swear about it in real life and go elsewhere. It isn't worth it, but I feel a lot of the stress. 
  • Overload Themselves – Their strong senses of duty and perfectionism combine with this aversion to emotional conflict to create a situation where it is far too easy for Defenders to overload themselves – or to be overloaded by others – as they struggle silently to meet everyone’s expectations, especially their own. Expectations is a funny word to me.  I have so little expectations of others, that way, I can't be let down by anyone, but I expect better of myself constantly.
  • Reluctant to Change – These challenges can be particularly hard to address since Defender personalities value traditions and history highly in their decisions. A situation sometimes needs to reach a breaking point before Defenders are persuaded by circumstance, or the strong personality of a loved one, to alter course. I detest and despise change, especially for changes sake, be it a different layout on a website, and look at my avatar, still classic, not mesh. I feel stifled at the thought of having what is really an extra box covering up my avatar, who is me, my established identity.  I don't live in the past, but feel there was much to value about the past.  
  • Too Altruistic – This is all compounded and reinforced by Defenders’ otherwise wonderful quality of altruism. Being such warm, good-natured people, Defenders are willing to let things slide, to believe that things will get better soon, to not burden others by accepting their offers of help, while their troubles mount unassisted. Massively disappointed in real life with the actions and behaviour of someone, I still hope to be able to help them, even though they will not even think to drive to the DIY place when my strip light breaks down. I know where I stand with them, love them unconditionally, know they don't feel the same way about me. 

Conclusion:

We are all different types of people, with many aspects to our personality, and we are bound to clash sometimes.  

What an interesting thread you started, Gopi.

Edited by Marigold Devin

Back in high school, I came out ISTJ on the Myers-Briggs test and I always thought it was spot on.  This one scored me as ISTJ-T, so no real difference there.  

image.png.aa7d4eb19bdd328376515bc6bd02d9db.png

The "-T' part is something new that I've not seen before.  I found the write-up quite interesting and also spot on.

image.png.fa198885d1c59365970002c16343b268.png

That damn 'perfectionist' in me does cause problems sometimes. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ESTP-T

Extroverted (67%), Sensing (62%), Thinking (61%), Perceiving (65%).

Bold – People with the Entrepreneur personality type are full of life and energy. There is no greater joy for Entrepreneurs than pushing boundaries and discovering and using new things and ideas. (Yes, but less so as I am getting older)

Rational and Practical – Entrepreneurs love knowledge and philosophy, but not for their own sake. What’s fun for Entrepreneur personalities is finding ideas that are actionable and drilling into the details so they can put them to use. If a discussion is completely arbitrary, there are better uses for Entrepreneurs’ time. (Yes totally)

Original – Combining their boldness and practicality, Entrepreneurs love to experiment with new ideas and solutions. They put things together in ways no one else would think to. (Nope. Not inventive enough for that)

Perceptive – This originality is helped by Entrepreneurs’ ability to notice when things change – and when they need to change! Small shifts in habits and appearances stick out to Entrepreneurs, and they use these observations to help create connections with others. (No)

Direct – This perceptive skill isn’t used for mind games – Entrepreneurs prefer to communicate clearly, with direct and factual questions and answers. Things are what they are. (Yes. Quit with the waffling and get to the point)

Sociable – All these qualities pull together to make a natural group leader in Entrepreneurs. This isn’t something that they actively seek – people with this personality type just have a knack for making excellent use of social interactions and networking opportunities. (Yes though I try to avoid the responsibility of leadership roles these days)

Insensitive – Feelings and emotions come second to facts and “reality” for Entrepreneurs. Emotionally charged situations are awkward, uncomfortable affairs, and Entrepreneurs’ blunt honesty doesn’t help here. These personalities often have a lot of trouble acknowledging and expressing their own feelings as well. (Yes. Please don't put me in the same room as someone who is crying)

Impatient – Entrepreneurs move at their own pace to keep themselves excited. Slowing down because someone else “doesn’t get it” or having to stay focused on a single detail for too long is extremely challenging for Entrepreneurs. (Yes, so much this!)

Risk-prone – This impatience can lead Entrepreneurs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences. Entrepreneur personalities sometimes intentionally combat boredom with extra risk. (I stopped that at the age of 24. Being literally three inches away from instant death puts risk-taking into another perspective).

Unstructured – Entrepreneurs see an opportunity – to fix a problem, to advance, to have fun – and seize the moment, often ignoring rules and social expectations in the process. This may get things done, but it can create unexpected social fallout. (Kinda, sometimes?)

May Miss the Bigger Picture – Living in the moment can cause Entrepreneurs to miss the forest for the trees. People with this personality type love to solve problems here and now, perhaps too much. All parts of a project can be perfect, but the project will still fail if those parts do not fit together. (Yes, very much)

Defiant – Entrepreneurs won’t be boxed in. Repetition, hardline rules, sitting quietly while they are lectured at – this isn’t how  Entrepreneurs live their lives. They are action-oriented and hands-on. Environments like school and much entry-level work can be so tedious that they’re intolerable, requiring extraordinary effort from Entrepreneurs to stay focused long enough to get to freer positions. (Yes)

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Back in high school, I came out ISTJ on the Myers-Briggs test and I always thought it was spot on.  This one scored me as ISTJ-T, so no real difference there.  

image.png.aa7d4eb19bdd328376515bc6bd02d9db.png

The "-T' part is something new that I've not seen before.  I found the write-up quite interesting and also spot on.

image.png.fa198885d1c59365970002c16343b268.png

That damn 'perfectionist' in me does cause problems sometimes. 

I wanted to read more about you.  On Second Life we think we know people, but we only know a tiny part of them. Edit and add more if you get the time. (Because I am interested and - oh see my personality type. Hahaha).

34 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

ESTP-T

Extroverted (67%), Sensing (62%), Thinking (61%), Perceiving (65%).

Bold – People with the Entrepreneur personality type are full of life and energy. There is no greater joy for Entrepreneurs than pushing boundaries and discovering and using new things and ideas. (Yes, but less so as I am getting older)

Rational and Practical – Entrepreneurs love knowledge and philosophy, but not for their own sake. What’s fun for Entrepreneur personalities is finding ideas that are actionable and drilling into the details so they can put them to use. If a discussion is completely arbitrary, there are better uses for Entrepreneurs’ time. (Yes totally)

Original – Combining their boldness and practicality, Entrepreneurs love to experiment with new ideas and solutions. They put things together in ways no one else would think to. (Nope. Not inventive enough for that)

Perceptive – This originality is helped by Entrepreneurs’ ability to notice when things change – and when they need to change! Small shifts in habits and appearances stick out to Entrepreneurs, and they use these observations to help create connections with others. (No)

Direct – This perceptive skill isn’t used for mind games – Entrepreneurs prefer to communicate clearly, with direct and factual questions and answers. Things are what they are. (Yes. Quit with the waffling and get to the point)

Sociable – All these qualities pull together to make a natural group leader in Entrepreneurs. This isn’t something that they actively seek – people with this personality type just have a knack for making excellent use of social interactions and networking opportunities. (Yes though I try to avoid the responsibility of leadership roles these days)

Insensitive – Feelings and emotions come second to facts and “reality” for Entrepreneurs. Emotionally charged situations are awkward, uncomfortable affairs, and Entrepreneurs’ blunt honesty doesn’t help here. These personalities often have a lot of trouble acknowledging and expressing their own feelings as well. (Yes. Please don't put me in the same room as someone who is crying)

Impatient – Entrepreneurs move at their own pace to keep themselves excited. Slowing down because someone else “doesn’t get it” or having to stay focused on a single detail for too long is extremely challenging for Entrepreneurs. (Yes, so much this!)

Risk-prone – This impatience can lead Entrepreneurs to push into uncharted territory without thinking of the long-term consequences. Entrepreneur personalities sometimes intentionally combat boredom with extra risk. (I stopped that at the age of 24. Being literally three inches away from instant death puts risk-taking into another perspective).

Unstructured – Entrepreneurs see an opportunity – to fix a problem, to advance, to have fun – and seize the moment, often ignoring rules and social expectations in the process. This may get things done, but it can create unexpected social fallout. (Kinda, sometimes?)

May Miss the Bigger Picture – Living in the moment can cause Entrepreneurs to miss the forest for the trees. People with this personality type love to solve problems here and now, perhaps too much. All parts of a project can be perfect, but the project will still fail if those parts do not fit together. (Yes, very much)

Defiant – Entrepreneurs won’t be boxed in. Repetition, hardline rules, sitting quietly while they are lectured at – this isn’t how  Entrepreneurs live their lives. They are action-oriented and hands-on. Environments like school and much entry-level work can be so tedious that they’re intolerable, requiring extraordinary effort from Entrepreneurs to stay focused long enough to get to freer positions. (Yes)

I would have said that you are actually original - certainly in Second Life you are unique, the way you put your avatar together, the photos you take, not like anyone else, unique and identifiable. 

I loved reading your comments about each aspect of your personality. It made me go back into mine and edit to add more details. I never get the impatient side of you - you have never come across as that at all. I know, context is key.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I would have said that you are actually original - certainly in Second Life you are unique, the way you put your avatar together, the photos you take, not like anyone else, unique and identifiable. 

I loved reading your comments about each aspect of your personality. It made me go back into mine and edit to add more details. I never get the impatient side of you - you have never come across as that at all. I know, context is key.

Actually now that you mention it, you may be right about being original in SL. I'm just not very good at coming up with original ideas for workplace issues or problem-solving.

I don't think the impatient side comes up in the forums much (unless I'm trying to help someone with their avatar and they're just not getting it) but inworld... oh boy. Last year I got roped into the committee for Fantasy Gay Pride, and I was so good at bossing Greville (the owner/organiser) about that he's put me in charge of the entire main sim this year. 😵

• Like 1

I got INFP-A (Mediator) this time but close to the middle all the way (63-66-68-69-60).

I took a more serious and thorough Myers-Briggs test a few years ago. I can't remember the result but I think it was fairly similar.

Reading the description of the mediator type:

If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves in their quest for good and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands. Mediators often drift into deep thought, enjoying contemplating the hypothetical and the philosophical more than any other personality type. Left unchecked, Mediators may start to lose touch, withdrawing into “hermit mode”, and it can take a great deal of energy from their friends or partner to bring them back to the real world.

That part of it at least is spot on and now I have an excuse. ;)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

Turbulent mediator.. :P

for those wanting the letters 

infp-T

But as a few have said.  These tests are only really for fun.  Similar to the BDSM test that is out there. 

They can't really tell you who you really are. Just if you fit within the author of the test  ideas of who you may be. 

All such tests should be taken with a  grain of salt.  And not used as a real indicator to what kind of person you may be. 

At the end of the day.. only you really know that answer.  By what feel is right to you at your gut level.

Learn to trust your instincts more than what others think about you or say about you and what you are in their eyes.  For many are just trying to change you to how they think and feel and want you to be  to make them feel better.  To control you and change you to their desires and standards and morals and ethics about how you should behave or act  or talk or express your self around others. 

it's not really their choice about it and never was or will be. 

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Confused 2

I usually fluctuate between ENTP and ENFP, given that my T/F scores are usually very close to the middle, though the ENFP description fits me best.

(Taken this from a different site since I couldn't be bothered to go through the test again).

ENFPs tend to be curious about others and preoccupied with discovering the deeper meaning in people and ideas. They want authentic experience and often seek emotional intensity. ENFPs are easily bored by details and repetition and seek out situations that offer an escape from the mundane. Novelty is attractive to ENFPs, who often have a wide range of interests and friends from many backgrounds.

ENFPs prize individuality and often consider the pursuit of happiness to be the highest priority in life, both for themselves and for others. They place great importance on personal freedom and self-expression, and want to be able to go wherever inspiration leads.

ENFPs love to talk about people: not just the facts, but what motivates them, what inspires them, and what they envision achieving in life. They’ll often share their own aspirations freely, and want to hear others’ in return. The ENFP is unlikely to judge anyone’s dream, and will discuss the most imaginative and outlandish of fantasies with warm, enthusiastic intensity. They love to explore creative possibilities, and nothing deflates them faster than talking about dry facts or harsh reality.

ENFPs often seem unconventional, and may come off as scattered; they don’t tend to be in touch with their physical surroundings. They often overlook the details, as they are more likely to focus on connecting with other people or on exploring their own imagination and self-expression. They have little patience for the mundane and want to experience life with intensity and flair. ENFPs often have an artistic streak, and may be artistic in appearance. Many have developed a distinctive and quirky personal style.

Popular hobbies for the ENFP include writing, creating and appreciating art, playing musical instruments, listening to music, participating in community theater, and reading fiction.

Yup, that's like, 99% me. (I struck out the two bits that aren't relevant - but I guess they would have been too, if I had the time and the aptitude to practise them).

I think my mum was an ENFP too.

I've lost count of how many times I have taken the M-B evaluation.  I still view it largely as parlor game stuff, but I must say that the results I get each time are remarkably consistent.  That tells me either that I am boringly stable or that the evaluation criteria are peering through my disguise consistently and actually seeing something in there.  As usual, I get

c88162450da2992e8aee4016a25a880d.png

Well, OK, sometimes it comes up INTP instead. I seem to hover close enough to the line that I can flip from P to T without trying.  It's consistent with the career path I followed for 30+ years and it explains why I am not going quite as bat$$$$ crazy in CoVid lockdown as some of my friends and family are.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.