2 questions need help

FifthWarden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok so.. i have been in SL for a total of 13 years and have had an issue come up many time sin the past so I am trying to find clarification.. The issue is.. People asking or begging for Linden in groups or even in Direct messages..  In the past i was told that it is against TOS to do so.. I am unable to find if this is true or now.. Can anyone point me to the portion of TOS, or any Linden tell me the answer? Just ordinary users may not know is why i ask it this way..

2nd question.> Why doesnt LL Have support where you can contact and just ask a question of their properly knowledgeable staff? Support tickets dont cover just asking questions and you can only call for Billing.. and unless you have a paid account you cant Live chat..In this day and age.. Why not provide FULL support?

3 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, FifthWarden said:

Ok so.. i have been in SL for a total of 13 years and have had an issue come up many time sin the past so I am trying to find clarification.. The issue is.. People asking or begging for Linden in groups or even in Direct messages..  In the past i was told that it is against TOS to do so.. I am unable to find if this is true or now.. Can anyone point me to the portion of TOS, or any Linden tell me the answer? Just ordinary users may not know is why i ask it this way..

2nd question.> Why doesnt LL Have support where you can contact and just ask a question of their properly knowledgeable staff? Support tickets dont cover just asking questions and you can only call for Billing.. and unless you have a paid account you cant Live chat..In this day and age.. Why not provide FULL support?

No, it has never been a ToS violation in the 16 years I've been in SL.

They did have full support way back when. It has been reduced several times since 2003 due to the expense which is why premium accounts get more support options than basics and why sim/region owners get an extra level above premium called Concierge. I'm not saying it's right, just how it is. I'd like to see support go back to the way it once was where everyone had access to all levels of support, with the exception of Concierge since not everyone owns private regions/sims.

1. No.  It's poor form and it can get you tossed out of a group or a region, but it's not a TOS violation.

2. Because it's almost certainly not cost effective.  Besides, residents are often better at answering each other's questions than a paid staffer would be. After all, we spend more time in world than most Lindens, so we've had to deal with issues personally.  Also, we can be more candid about things that might be awkward for an employee to say (like questions about third party viewers).  There's certainly an argument for good paid support staff, but the regulars in the forums can handle most routine questions.   AND we don't cost LL anything at all. 

It's annoying, and no one should give beggars the time of day, let alone $L...but it's not a violation of the Terms of Service.

It might be nice for LL to pay some people to sit around all day and answer the same questions over and over...but it's not cost effective.  That is why there are so many resources available to allow you to pretty easily find the answers to your questions yourself!  We have...

• The Quick Start Guide
  • The Knowledge Base
  • The SL Wiki
  • YouTube tutorial videos
  • The Forums (especially this one, Answers)
  • Numerous blogs by SL residents
  • Resident-run help organizations, including
    • Caledon Oxbridge University
    • New Citizens, Inc.
    • Builders Brewery
    • Blender Benders
    • New Resident Help Network
    • Firestorm Help Support Group
    • Ajuda SL Brasil
    • ...and many others!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.