Cannot flatten my land

Mia Ichibara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure what to do as I cannot properly flatten my mainland parcel.

I've tried absolutely everything to do with terraforming, and tried a land flattening script object.

When I use the flatten tool, it sculpts the land to match with the hills (abandoned land) behind my parcel. There isn't any way for me to flatten the land to a reasonable measure.

Link to the land near my parcel: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Poorlord/254/235/37

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bunniepaw said:

nearly all mainland regions have a terraform limit of  + 4 / - 4 .. to much hill up, or down, wont be able to flatten.
You can of course use a prim to level it, texture it in the grass/land texture ( to find in the library section of your inventory) and it will "relatively" blend in. Or use landscaping mesh forms as sold on MP.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bunniepaw said:

I had a look at it and you're saying you can't raise the land to the same elevation as the abandoned parcel? That's really strange. Yes, it is a common problem but not when one of the parcels is abandoned land.

You did try to use the Raise land tool, didn't you? It should be possible to do that along the sim border and then Smooth tool to make a nice smooth slope.

But if that doesn't work, a bit of prim or mesh ground will help. I'd like to recommend one particular 1 LI mesh slope that was specially made for situations like this and even happens to have exactly the right default texture but I can't. It's sold by one of my alts and we're not allowed to promote our own products here.

Edit: Never mind. I hope you find a way to terraform your ground to match but if you can't this is exactly what you need: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-LI-mesh-slope-OPQ-Slope-01/18346526

I'm flagging this post myself and leave it to the moderators to decide whether it should be allowed to remain or not.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At the site, it appears that your parcel is about as flat as possible. Judging by the neighboring parcels, the southwest corner is hitting that -4m floor: it just can't get any lower. The neighbor to the south appears to have lowered their parcel as far as it will go there, and it's still slightly higher than the prim they're using as a super-flat base... but the result is that their real terrain is much lower, so the "ripples" of that terrain appear on your parcel. A narrow band around the edge of any parcel can only be terraformed relative to the neighboring parcel, so you'll have a sloping border area of some width no matter what you do.

With more terraforming experience, you'll likely adopt the view that smoothing along the edges and even adding some slope and terrain features makes the parcel blend in more realistically and more interestingly, all for zero land impact. You won't be filling the entire space with a build anyway, so may as well have a little fun terraforming creatively around the edges.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

At the site, it appears that your parcel is about as flat as possible. Judging by the neighboring parcels, the southwest corner is hitting that -4m floor: it just can't get any lower.

Yes, that seems about right.

As I said in my forst reply, problems matching ground across parcel borders isn't at all uncommon but it should only happen if the land has been terraformed on both sides. In this case the land on the other side is abandoned so it should be reset to default. If so, open the land edit tool (Ctrl+5), select a narrow (4 or 8 m wide) strip along the border, choose "Revert" and hit the "Apply" button. Then use the Smooth tool to soften the new edge. You have to be prepared to spend a little bit of time smoothing things out and you may even have to do the Revert a few times. So it takes a bit of patience but it isn't really difficult.

This is a region border, not a parcel bosder though and that may make it a bit mroe complicated.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.