Build Club

Aprely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello. I'd like to know if running a club in Second Life is profitable in the game? or is it just like a normal house. I have one idea to build a club and I would like to know if you can earn anything on it? and how much Lindes do I need to build a club? Thank you for help.

If you have good marketing skills and an original idea for a venue that isn't just like all the others, you may be able to earn enough to cover the tier and maybe even make a few L$ in profit.

It's hard work though, not much chance you'll even break even and even in the best case scenario you won't earn enough to make a difference in RL money if that's what you were looking for.

Just now, ChinRey said:

Jeśli masz dobre umiejętności marketingowe i oryginalny pomysł na miejsce, które nie jest takie jak wszystkie inne, możesz zarobić wystarczająco dużo, aby pokryć poziom, a może nawet zarobić kilka L $.

To jednak ciężka praca, nie ma dużej szansy, że nawet wyjdziesz na zero, a nawet w najlepszym przypadku nie zarobisz wystarczająco dużo, aby zrobić różnicę w pieniądzach RL, jeśli tego właśnie szukałeś.

I understand. And what are these marketing skills?

4 hours ago, Aprely said:

I understand. And what are these marketing skills?

I don't intend to sound mean but if you don't know which marketing skills you need, you probably don't possess those skills (yet).

I would also recommend working at a club before you start one of your own. Start as a dancer, then a host, then become a manager and finally general manager. These positions will teach you which skill you are going to need to own a club.
And then the hard part would be, learning how to have a successful club.

Of course, you could try it without all that experience, but the chances of the club being successful are low.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

... Start as a dancer,...

You think she's talking about an adult club? I thought it sounded more like a disco/music venue.

But the principle is the same, you need experience and you need connections. if you don't know the scene, you have no chance. If you don't know anybody on the scene, you have no chance.

If it really is the adult market as Fritigern thinks, the Oasis is of course the best place to start. That's where you get the basic training and the first few contacts.

If it's a "vanilla" club, it's a bit harder to find a specific place to start but visit places, have a good time while you observe how they do it. And remember, your friends are your best friends. I mean, not the ones that fill up your friends list, your real friends, those you are happy to help and are happy to help you. They will be your first clientelle and their friends will be the next crowd you'll draw.

Well I started playing SimCity build it this week (yes I am old, late to the party & completely enchanted by watching the little sims & cars working) and was excited because that’s what I assumed then my joy was smooshed a half second later when I realized that no, this is not what they meant.  *sniffles quietly*

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

On 7/30/2020 at 11:00 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

A build club! I love to talk about building!

This was totally my thought when I first read the title, though I imagined more along the lines of a club where would all get together and not just "talk about building", but actually build things together.  Maybe some sort of group consciousness build or such.  If any case, it sounded way more interesting that just building another SL club.

30 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

@LittleMe Jewell, have you played Primtionary?  It's like Charades, but the person who's "It" is given a word, and has to build something, within a time limit, that gives the others a clue to guess the word.

Nope, never heard of it.  And I can tell right away that I'd suck at it.  My building skills are still stuck at grade school level.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.