recomdend any head which is easy

rose9991sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are several brands to pick from. Catwa, Genus and Lelutka are probably the largest brands for mesh heads, though Genus are currently unavailable. The 'average' price for all of them if I recall correctly is at around L$5,000. 

In addition to the brands listed above, there's LAQ, Akeruka, Altamura, Genesis Labs and all sorts of other creators, but they don't have as much support as the big three. Try to check out stores and demo whatever looks good to you.

For your free heads question...Genus had a free head at their store but now that it's shut down you can't get it until they reopen

Akeruka has a special head for their group. It costs L$151, L$150 to join the group and L$1 to buy it from the vendor

You can check out whatever's on this list https://ryanschultz.com/2018/09/24/second-life-steals-deals-and-freebies-free-mesh-heads-and-bodies-for-female-second-life-avatars/. Keep in mind that some stuff is now unavailable.

13 minutes ago, Orwar said:

There are several brands to pick from. Catwa, Genus and Lelutka are probably the largest brands for mesh heads, though Genus are currently unavailable. The 'average' price for all of them if I recall correctly is at around L$5,000. 

Atm Lelutka's heads are priced at L$3990 until further notice. When the genus store reopened after the first dmca, the heads were priced at L$3300

Edited by SassySam87
adding link

1 minute ago, rose9991sl said:

jeez it is still expensive their head. is there no free head?

Unfortunately, mesh heads are some of the most expensive items in SL.

If you really can't afford it, you can try to wait until Genus is back (which might take a while... at worst, a few months). Their free head is really good.

Or you can continue with classic avatar.

Just now, rose9991sl said:

can i do not use the head because what i know is the makeup cannot use to mix and match with other makeup and it is only specific for only that head. and i do not want to waste my money to find a head.

Sure, lots of people in SL choose not to switch to mesh. 

Makeup is slowly switching over to bakes on mesh or using omega appliers which can be used on any head. Although some creators make appliers for specific heads.

4 minutes ago, rose9991sl said:

jeez it is still expensive their head. is there no free head?

Considering the amount of work that goes into making them, and how much you'll be using them (like, actually all the time you're in SL), I don't think L$5,000 for a head is at all bad, and I also don't think that the price difference from brand to brand should be the deciding factor for which head you choose; it's a hefty investment to some, so get the head you want rather than the head you can afford right now. Save up for it if you have to. 

You can't expect to be given a free head that's full bento - that some creators (Genus who're currently down due to a DMCA, and Catwa who had a limited release a while back) do that anyway is astoundingly generous of them, but to expect it as a consumer who doesn't even own a previous product of theirs comes off as a little entitled.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, rose9991sl said:

then i think is such a waste of money when i can make a face and body for myself thanls.

You don't have to use a mesh body or a mesh head.  It's a matter of personal preference.  Those of us who do use them felt they were worth the price.  Reasons vary for all those decisions.

Personally, I enjoy having feet that are no longer essentially hooves or paddles, and I find the mesh contours of my face aesthetically pleasing.  Others' mileage may vary.

it is beacuse i perfer what i look in my avi and i want it to look like simple like me okay i perfer using simple makeup for my avi and adjust it to my head and face to look like me i believe it is to the person individual and identity.

Just now, rose9991sl said:

it is beacuse i perfer what i look in my avi and i want it to look like simple like me okay i perfer using simple makeup for my avi and adjust it to my head and face to look like me i believe it is to the person individual and identity.

And that is 100% understandable.  It's totally your call.

Personally, I went with a mesh body before I moved to a mesh head because of clothing.  Most of the big clothing makers rig clothing exclusively for the larger mesh bodies, so going with a mesh body (in my case, Maitreya) made it easier to dress my avatar.

My head took a lot longer.  I liked my original/ system features, and wanted to get as close to those as was reasonably possible if I moved to a mesh head.  Because they are reasonably expensive, I took my time.  I got demos of many heads from many different head makers, and finally settled on the one I wanted.

It's your Second Life; you're the one who gets to decide how you want to look and present yourself :)

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Gentle reminder that 5000 L$ is about 22 USD.

Some people spend as much on clothes on a weekly basis, that they'll wear once, if at all, or double that on a gacha machine to get that elusive rare. How much or little one puts into SL is up to oneself, but to me it doesn't feel like L$5,000 for a head you're probable to get at least a year or two out of is too bad. But it's up to how much you're willing to pay and what feels important to you.

There's nothing wrong with the system avatars, either. I've seen more than a few system avies that looked much better than the average mesh potato - and then not everyone wants to look like a 'realistically' rendered super-model, either. But the idea of 'give me a free bento big brand head or I'll make my own' is just silly and completely ignorant of the skill and work that goes into making those heads.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Some people spend as much on clothes on a weekly basis, that they'll wear once, if at all, or double that on a gacha machine to get that elusive rare. How much or little one puts into SL is up to oneself, but to me it doesn't feel like L$5,000 for a head you're probable to get at least a year or two out of is too bad. But it's up to how much you're willing to pay and what feels important to you.

There's nothing wrong with the system avatars, either. I've seen more than a few system avies that looked much better than the average mesh potato - and then not everyone wants to look like a 'realistically' rendered super-model, either. But the idea of 'give me a free bento big brand head or I'll make my own' is just silly and completely ignorant of the skill and work that goes into making those heads.

I don't disagree with literally any of that, but I don't think saying "22 USD for a bald head isn't that bad" to someone who is clearly asking for a budget option is the right call.

She's obviously not a primarily English speaker, so you have to read past the literal wording of her post. She seems to just want a head that's affordable and not totally proprietary (eg. "lacking in support" and "can't mix and match makeup from different creators").

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, rose9991sl said:

okay so this one all have their own shop in second life?

Each brand has its own shop. Except Genus which is currently closed due to a legal issue. Very few head-makers have them on the Marketplace.

If you need a head that is completely free and very easy, go to the Free Dove freebie store and pick up the free "Ciara" head by Dream.  It's not a well-known brand and it has no hud and virtually no special features but it is already set up for Bakes on Mesh so all you have to do is wear it and it's ready, with whatever skin you're already wearing. You can edit your shape using the normal shape sliders in "Edit Appearance" to change the way it looks.  You can wear any "system", "classic" or "bakes on mesh" skin/makeup/tattoo layers with it, so there are plenty of those from many hundreds of creators. Just avoid the ones that say they are "appliers only". There are no animations for this head though, and I recommend that you don't try to use any from elsewhere. They will work but as soon as the head smiles, you'll discover that it has no teeth either. 

There are a couple of other freebies around (Ruth 2, and Sweet's which are basically the same head anyway) but the one from Dream at the Free Dove is the best completely free one that's currently available.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Very few head-makers have them on the Marketplace and the one I know for sure which does, charges 10% more than in their actual in-world store.

That head brand only costs L$10 more on Marketplace than in the inworld store, not L$500 more.

5 hours ago, rose9991sl said:

then i think is such a waste of money when i can make a face and body for myself thanls.

I work for a mesh head creator, so I've seen first-hand the months of work that goes into making one. Good luck!

12 hours ago, rose9991sl said:

Anyone can make a face/body themselves if they stay totally system making mesh is hard. while the perfect mesh head can cost ££££ the investment is worth it if you can't justify the price now start up an alt account any spare L$ you get feed it to the alt and in time you'll be able to afford the head you want. 

I have a mesh head, though I was in SL years before I got one, it was a year before I got the mesh head after switching to a mesh avi. Recently went to BoM, and as a result I can now use the makeups I used with my system head, and i have been doing that. My point is don't be in a rush. Keep using your system head, get makeup for it you like, then when you are ready to invest in a mesh head, make sure it works with BoM and then you can keep using all that makeup.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.