Failed to find ______ in database (Please help.)

Mordred Leodhais

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, I have tried literally every possible fix that has been suggested or that I can think of and I am honestly at a loss. 

A few days ago, I log into Firestorm and I am stuck as a cloud. I also get an error message that reads, "Failed to find Catwa Bento Brows Shape in database." So that made me think maybe Catwa was having some issues. I asked in the Catwa group, but they said there were no issues. Mind you I'm still stuck as a cloud. So I asked in the Firestorm group if the grid is having problems. They said they didn't notice any. I try going through my saved outfits but nothing worked. Still stuck as a cloud. I ask in the Firestorm group for advice. I followed the steps on the Firestorm website, I cleared my inventory cache and even tried a clean install of the Firestorm viewer. It's still not working. 

So I get the idea to try using a different eyebrow/hairbase shape. I get the same error message on a few of those eyebrows but I find one that works and I am no longer a cloud! Hallelujah, right? WRONG! My eyebrows go super evil arched and I get that ugly system hair thing on my head. I can't get rid of it at all. The only base that works is a bald head base. Eyebrows are still evil arched and my bento mesh head isn't doing anything but blinking. The mouth isn't moving. Everything else works in Firestorm. The world loads fine, my body works fine, but my head is borked. 

I submitted a ticket to LL and they advised me to run a character test, which I did do but it still isn't working. I am honestly at a loss on what to do here. As great as the LL viewer is, Firestorm has features I prefer and it's a pain to navigate the LL viewer because I'm not as familiar with it. 

I would really love some advice on what to do here. 

2 answers to this question

Can you get a re delivery of the Catwa Bento Brows Shape?      Hair bases are most often the missing piece in the "cloud" issue -- this in part from Opensim where it happened  A LOT a few years ago.    You CAN of course make your own hair base, but getting a NEW and hopefully recognized by the database copy seems like the easiest solution if that is possible. I am guessing this came with your Catwa head. If not, then no real ideas from me.  I just sent you my eyebrow shape - hair base. It was full perm. Maybe that will work better for you. Good luck.   

I suppose you have found a solution by now. But just in case...

What you are experiencing is called Bake Fail. The name has a history. But, the result is you render only as a particle cloud. Firestorm has the troubleshooting steps in their wiki. The Lindens have one too but I can never find it when I need it.

I doubt your issue is Catwa, despite the error messages. When things go wrong the viewer gets confused and often misstates the problem.

The simplified troubleshooting procedure is to wear the default avatar. The steps are in the FW Wiki article. Then rebuild your look an item at a time until you find the problem item.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
dumb embarrassing spelling mistake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.