Bagnu

Genus Heads.

Any new news about what's happening with them???

Nope 😢. think this time it might be longer since the owner wants to put a stop to this once and for all lol.. hopefully soon! My head has been non stop animating and it's all buggy..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

for me it's kind of strange, that it takes so long. again.

from the last info they gave, when the first dmca happend, there was an mail where they said that they heared nothing for 10 days after the counter notice, so they can sell the heads again.

so shouldnt it take about 14 days to one month then, and not about 3 month? even in times of corona.

Someone has to be doing this. Could there be any truth to it???

11 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Of course someone is doing this.  DMCA take-down notices don't file themselves you know.

The thing is, action like this whilst having a very public effect, is really a private affair.  If proceedings finally get into a court room it gets more public but there is a whole lot of wrangling, going back and forth between parties before that.  Sometimes even during that as well.  As frustrating as it is to not know what is going on, it really isn't the business of anyone except the parties involved.

Nobody on the outside can be certain of any time-frames because we are not privy as to when anything was done.  Just because something can be done in a particular time-frame, doesn't mean it will be.  It simply isn't possible to determine what should have happened and when except in the most general terms.  Dealing with it slowly and cautiously with lots of legal advice is normal and the wisest course of action.  What we are told is going on is simply what the affected party wants us to be aware of and in reality the least they say while things are in the air, the better from their perspective.  Things like this take time and cannot be hurried.

Best to put it out of your minds for the time being.  It may be a long wait before anything is resolved.

• Like 2

This time it will require someone to physically attend court. With the whole COVID thing going on, there may be substantial delays. As it's likely to be classed as a non-urgent case, and dependent on which country/state is involved, this might be delayed a very long time due to that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bagnu said:

We have all of zero facts to go on... so any speculation there is basically just unfounded rumor-mongering.

Granted that is the #1 sport of the internet... we could even have a nice flame war over it... but it's kinda pointless to do so...

• Like 1

For what's worth, since no one knows who is doing this to Genus, I am not buying any other heads until this is resolved. If we ever do become privy to who filed the DMCA notice, then that person will for sure have lost my business forever. In the meantime, I don't want to accidentally give the offender any business.

• Like 1

Filing a second DMCA means the person who filed it is usually willing to defend it in court. That doesn't make it any more or less legitimate because we have no facts, but Genius may be gone for a long time now. :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willa Heartsong said:

For what's worth, since no one knows who is doing this to Genus, I am not buying any other heads until this is resolved. If we ever do become privy to who filed the DMCA notice, then that person will for sure have lost my business forever. In the meantime, I don't want to accidentally give the offender any business.

I'm kind of feeling this way, unless a demo can prove to me that it's better than what I have.