Dreaming about SL

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone ever dreamed they actually were their AV, and inworld was reality??? I did the other night. I was in bed thinking about adjusting my AV, and then I drifted off to sleep slowly. I was dreaming as my AV, and thought I was actually her. I was just chatting with my gf's, but it felt all fully real!!! It must have been only for about 15 mins then I woke up and had a good chuckle.Talk about living a fantasy lol. It's a lot of fun to think about now!!! In the dream it was all just normal!!!

• Like 3

I think most SL addicts have had an SL dream at one point.  I dream about it frequently.  My most vivid one was a dream I had where I was moving out from where I was living with a partner because he'd been cheating with anything remotely female...and it turned out to be an accurate prediction.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Has anyone ever dreamed they actually were their AV, and inworld was reality???

I have, although I don't recall being my avatar. I was just viewing various environments. But I guess that's actually how I am in SL -- I rarely look at myself.  It's always a shock to wake up and realize I was dreaming about SL.  Dreaming about VR (with the goggles) is really a trip...much more intense.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

My most vivid one was a dream I had where I was moving out from where I was living with a partner because he'd been cheating with anything remotely female...and it turned out to be an accurate prediction.

Wow...that seems to suggest that some deeper part of yourself knew what was going on...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Has anyone ever dreamed they actually were their AV, and inworld was reality??? I did the other night. I was in bed thinking about adjusting my AV, and then I drifted off to sleep slowly. I was dreaming as my AV, and thought I was actually her. I was just chatting with my gf's, but it felt all fully real!!! It must have been only for about 15 mins then I woke up and had a good chuckle.Talk about living a fantasy lol. It's a lot of fun to think about now!!! In the dream it was all just normal!!!

All the time.

• Like 3

After a few years of SL as a beginning creator, I'd go around in real life and look at furniture, buildings, plants and trees and wonder what their prim count would be.

I got over that, though.

Though, once in a while, my hands and my mind still have to resist trying to cam around objects in pictures and videos.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Omg I’ve actually had a dream where I was in world, building and decorating but instead of controlling my avi through keyboard & mouse I was able to actually walk and move as if I was my avi.. weirdest dream ever.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JenniexKim said:

Omg I’ve actually had a dream where I was in world, building and decorating but instead of controlling my avi through keyboard & mouse I was able to actually walk and move as if I was my avi.. weirdest dream ever.. 

That's how it was for me!!!! I literally existed as my avi!!! Didn't even have a notion that I had a RL self until I woke up!!!

• Like 1

I dont dream about sl, its not interesting enough to have dreams about really.

50 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

That's how it was for me!!!! I literally existed as my avi!!! Didn't even have a notion that I had a RL self until I woke up!!!

That is how some dreams work; especially lucid dreams. Which is a skill you can learn and control and then do when ever you want.

• Like 1

I can't remember ever having any dreams about being in SL when I was really into it.. I may have but it would have been so long ago..

Horses and work are mostly what I remember.. A strange thing is most times when I am dreaming, I know I'm dreaming and will even say it to myself out loud in my dreams to prove it to myself...

So if say, I'm running from someone or something like that and not getting anywhere, I realize I'm dreaming and it turns out where a nightmare changes to whoopin some butt.. hehehehe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't remember ever having any dreams about being in SL when I was really into it.. I may have but it would have been so long ago..

Horses and work are mostly what I remember.. A strange thing is most times when I am dreaming, I know I'm dreaming and will even say it to myself out loud in my dreams to prove it to myself...

So if say, I'm running from someone or something like that and not getting anywhere, I realize I'm dreaming and it turns out where a nightmare changes to whoopin some butt.. hehehehe

that is lucid dreaming. the knowledge that one is dreaming and thus awake and aware of the dream and can change and control the dream in what ever manner they like.

it can be fun doing that. falling.. nope.. flying.. a monster.. nope its a pet now.. absolutely anything is possible at that point in time.

its often the precursor to astral projection attempts. which brings up the question ever get tired after having such a dream? was it really just a dream then or was it ap, and your soul was traveling outside of your body and is why your mentally tired after waking up.

Last night I dreamt Donald Trump was on SL (in a Donald Trump avatar), using his (RL) wealth to buy up chunks of land, on which he'd build all-prim, flashing red KFC stores. Residents and neighbours complained but, technically, he hadn't broken TOS. so he carried on buying up as many places on mainland as he could. There was a big inworld dispute after he blocked the Blake Sea with badly placed ban lines. In response, he branded his critics ' terrorists'. 

Then I was in a sandbox, watching SL Trump build yet another KFC store in the middle, when a furry fox woman approached me, sobbing, "My little ones have been stolen." I promised I'd track them down for her. I located them in a cage in an MC sim; the bikers were planning to sell her kids to an animal testing lab! The bikers came at me with studded clubs but I pulled out my orbit pistol and sent them rocketing into the sky, where they screamed as the sun burnt them to a crisp. I took the furry toddlers back to their mother, who rewarded me with a 50% stake in her gacha machine repair business.

Within minutes, I was a million dollars richer and able to buy my dream sky castle. However, just as I was about to make my payment, the seller apologised and withdrew his offer - SL Trump had beaten me to it! I watched in disbelief as SL Trump deleted the castle and installed a massive, 200-storey fullbright KFC branch on the land instead. When I asked why he kept on doing this he told me "that's a nasty question, a very nasty question" and ejected me.

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

that is lucid dreaming. the knowledge that one is dreaming and thus awake and aware of the dream and can change and control the dream in what ever manner they like.

it can be fun doing that. falling.. nope.. flying.. a monster.. nope its a pet now.. absolutely anything is possible at that point in time.

its often the precursor to astral projection attempts. which brings up the question ever get tired after having such a dream? was it really just a dream then or was it ap, and your soul was traveling outside of your body and is why your mentally tired after waking up.

I had one night when I was like 18 years old and all night long thought I was waking up and all of a sudden realize I'm in a dream still..

That time there i remember being really tired afterwards..

I mean it was like 8 different times that i thought I had woken up but it was all just a dream.. when I did finally wake up..it took me a little bit to realize I was ..hehehehe

That was the strangest dream ever, but it was also the first night back home after a two week trail ride.. So I think it was just from being overtired and sleeping on a good bed again..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

8 minutes ago, horizon4 said:

Last night I dreamt Donald Trump was on SL (in a Donald Trump avatar), using his (RL) wealth to buy up chunks of land, on which he'd build all-prim, flashing red KFC stores. Residents and neighbours complained but, technically, he hadn't broken TOS. so he carried on buying up as many places on mainland as he could. There was a big inworld dispute after he blocked the Blake Sea with badly placed ban lines. In response, he branded his critics ' terrorists'. 

Then I was in a sandbox, watching SL Trump build yet another KFC store in the middle, when a furry fox woman approached me, sobbing, "My little ones have been stolen." I promised I'd track them down for her. I located them in a cage in an MC sim; the bikers were planning to sell her kids to an animal testing lab! The bikers came at me with studded clubs but I pulled out my orbit pistol and sent them rocketing into the sky, where they screamed as the sun burnt them to a crisp. I took the furry toddlers back to their mother, who rewarded me with a 50% stake in her gacha machine repair business.

Within minutes, I was a million dollars richer and able to buy my dream sky castle. However, just as I was about to make my payment, the seller apologised and withdrew his offer - SL Trump had beaten me to it! I watched in disbelief as SL Trump deleted the castle and installed a massive, 200-storey fullbright KFC branch on the land instead. When I asked why he kept on doing this he told me "that's a nasty question, a very nasty question" and ejected me.

good attempt at a dream implant.. i wonder how many may actually have this dream at some point after reading this. 

Back before hubby and I ever got to actually meet in person (we knew what one another looked like, just hadn't traveled to visit yet...LDR), and sl was one of our primary ways to spend time together....

I would dream of the things we did, said, were going to do, sims we visited or were going to visit, etc..... in sl and us doing them, which would morph into our rl selves doing those very same things, both within sl and in rl. Sometimes it would morph back into our avs doing it again both in sl and rl, sometimes it would morph back again....but that was just me manipulating the dreams (which is super easy to do and not that difficult of a "learned skill" as some would have you believe).

We've actually done a LOT of those things since, minus some of the places we haven't yet visited in rl :) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Back before hubby and I ever got to actually meet in person (we knew what one another looked like, just hadn't traveled to visit yet...LDR), and sl was one of our primary ways to spend time together....

I would dream of the things we did, said, were going to do, sims we visited or were going to visit, etc..... in sl and us doing them, which would morph into our rl selves doing those very same things, both within sl and in rl. Sometimes it would morph back into our avs doing it again both in sl and rl, sometimes it would morph back again....but that was just me manipulating the dreams (which is super easy to do and not that difficult of a "learned skill" as some would have you believe).

We've actually done a LOT of those things since, minus some of the places we haven't yet visited in rl :) 

It is a learned skill and not easy for everyone to do or learn to do.  Lucid dreaming does take practice to learn how to do on command.  Just  because you might find it easy doesn't mean everyone will and will not need to learn how or practice it. 

I've had several dreams involving my SL houses as though they were my RL house. (If only!)

And my appearance in SL comes from a vivid dream I had several years before SL even existed. I've posted about that before... it was a very bizarre experience when I found a place in SL that looked exactly like the location in my dream.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup. Had dreams. That doesn't really register as unusual for me. What IS disconcerting is when things like other people have mentioned: Looking for that dress or sweater I really want to wear today, only to realize that the items are in SL. OR, trying to rotate THE MONITOR IMAGE, like you move and rotate the camera in the viewer. OR, wondering what WL the sky is....

Yeah. THOSE things are like "oh.my.gawd."

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.