premium member land

PinkheartEm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

The land fee waiver that you get as a Premium member can either be used for a Linden Home or for paying the monthly land fees on land that you buy on the Mainland.  It cannot be used to pay for

1. paying monthly fees in private estates

2. the purchase price of land anywhere

3. rental fees

So, if you want to use your Premium waiver, first you must buy land on the mainland, either directly from Linden Lab ( usually through auction) or from another resident.  You will pay the one-time purchase price for that land.  Your land fees will be due monthly, and Linden Lab will automatically apply the amount of your waiver against the monthly fees.

You may want to take @Lindal Kidd's free course on land ownership and management, offered at Caledon Oxbridge University in world every Saturday noon and, of course, read the articles about LAND in the Knowledge Base (tab at the top of this page).

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 2

Aha!  Horizons is a rather large area of something on the order of 60 residential regions, surrounding an interior sea with a large-scale quest game in the middle.  The regions all have names that start with "Horizons".  You can get an overview of the homes (and play with a demo home) by going to one of the informational regions (Horizons Supernova, Horizons Dione, Horizons Cirius, or Horizons Yurania, where you will also find informational videos.  Or you can read about Horizons at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Horizons_Parcel_Ownership .  Initial purchase prices tend to be rather high, but the regions are very pretty.  Many are managed by land companies, but you can usually find many being sold directly by the owner. All parcels have direct access to water, so you can take up sailing if you wish. Your Premium land fee waiver will cover monthly fees there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PinkheartEm said:

How can I use Premium membership to buy an abandoned land I have found please?

If you have found some Abandoned Land that you want to buy, submit a Support Ticket, giving LL a SLURL to the location. If you need them to cut you a piece of a larger plot, give them the exact coordinates of all 4 corners.  They will set it for sale directly to you for the price of 1L per sqm.

While LL *may* sell you Abandoned land, by using the procedure LittleMe outlined above, they don't have to.  They may be planning to sell it in the land auctions.

There are two main ways to find Mainland for sale.  Most Mainland is set for sale by residents.  You can find these For Sale parcels by using Search, and/or by using the World map, checking Land Sale in the map legend, and looking for yellow parcels.  In addition, LL auctions off Abandoned land, and you can see those here: https://places.secondlife.com/auctions?lang=en-US#0

Be sure you read the FAQs before bidding in an auction!

You can find the Horizons regions by simply typing Horizons in your Map search box.  Be aware that while these parcels have many desirable features, that very fact makes the asking prices very high.  They start at around $L40,000.

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

While LL *may* sell you Abandoned land, by using the procedure LittleMe outlined above, they don't have to.  They may be planning to sell it in the land auctions

True.

Your best bet with Abandoned land is to find something inland and not next to a road, train tracks, etc...  In other words, just a run-of-the-mill plot with nothing overly exciting about it.  Though I did a year or so ago buy a rather large abandoned plot on east side of Gaeta 1 at the region/continent edge. For many people, continent edge is very desirable, so I wasn't sure they'd sell it to me at the time.  

Never hurts to try though.

I have made some calculations here , if Im wrong please someone help me but:

If you upgrade on a year bases to premium account this is what you get:

for 99 per year you have:

L$300 weekly x 52 weeks = L$15.600 (which is about $62)
so if you just subtract 99(annual)-62(weekly rent), that means a year on SL is just $37, which is really a bargain, and in addition you have a one time L$1000

so for me thats the way to go

Linden Dollar Rewards

Linden Dollar Rewards

As a Premium member, you get a one-time 1,000 Linden Dollar sign-up bonus and a 300 Linden Dollar weekly stipend to spend on goods and services like avatar fashion, nightclubs and games.

Edited by Duved Bluewood

Not likely. As you remember, Linden Homes are assigned randomly, so no one is ever guaranteed a specific home. Also, homes are in high enough demand that an abandoned one is not likely to stay available for very long at all. Chances are pretty high that someone else already owned your old home before you even sat down to type your question. You can of course contact Live Chat or submit a support case to ask.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.