Male Avatar

Kirito216

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I think that there are a few factors at play here.

1 - Most people with male avatars don't seem too interested OR skilled in making themselves look nice. One example is this guy who I helped last night get a mesh body, enable BoM, get some new hair (he was still wearing hair which he bought in 2007!) and generally, just look better and more up-to-date.

2 - If you are an average guy with average tastes then you will wear quite average clothing, average hair, average shape, etc. In short, quite uninteresting stuff and that immediately will feel like lower quality.

3 - As a whole, there is not nearly as much clothing, hair, etc.for guys as there is for women and the stuff that is available look a lot alike. There are exceptions, but they are not very easy to find.

4 - Male stuff seems to be pricier than similar products for females. For example, there is this one creatore who made pretty popular mesh bodies for women and sells them for 2,500 L$, but the (popular) male body by the same creator will cost you 3,000 L$ and that's not even the largest discrepancy which I have observed.

So yeah, I would wager to guess that since it is hard to find nice, affordable clothing and body parts that stand out in a positive way definitely hold men back from accumulating a nice wardrobe, hair, skins, shapes etc.

Most male avatar users seem to be too lazy to care for their apperance or don't want to pay for it. Its totally possible to create a beautiful male avatar. They are not generally of lower quality than female avatars. I have both, a male and a female avatar.

They are same quality. Even 5 years ago you could find good quality mesh male products although Second Life was mostly dominated by feminine products.

You can make any kind of male avatar you like regardless if you prefer it to be ultra-muscular, muscular, androgynous, skinny , boyish or whatever your taste is.

For example i prefered fantasy looking characters at that time. It really depends on your taste and how you like to spend your time in SL.

Have a look a L'Homme and if they look sort of feminine or too much hipster style for your taste try getting tips from the Gor guys playing second life, they also create good looking avatars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.