Seeking Male Companionship! { EDITED! + Picture }

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

{ EDITED to add a picture! It's a little older, but not by too much. I definitely don't wear that dark makeup most of the time though, lol. }

Hey there, I'm looking for a guy to hang out with while I spend my time in SL. I have a TON of information about me in my profile in-world ( purpl3lotus ) and I'm always down to answer IMs, so please don't be shy.

PLEASE message me IN-WORLD, I will probably forget to check the notifications here, haha. SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS ONLY, if you don't mind.

- female, late 20s, southern US ( SLT + 2 )

- I do love to RP and prefer to do it in a "modern family" setting. I currently play in Fox Hollow though and I don't want to relocate. I'm an event coordinator and moderator for the community! ( As well as the Director of Employment Services! )

- HOWEVER, I do not spend all of my time RPing, so I am looking for someone who is willing to go "off sim" to dance, surf, sail, explore, etc. 

- I do work in SL outside of my RP sim

- Looking for long-term commitment, so please don't come at me trying to hook up, or entertain a million other chicks

- I do NOT cross the lines between RL and SL, so please don't expect that from me

- I worked really hard on my avi, so please do me the courtesy of being of similar quality.

I'd be happy to share anything else with someone who's interested

Avi.png

Edited by purpl3lotus

Why does everyone always expect people to IM them? Nobody ever wants to take any initiative. It's always just "I want, I want, I want" then waiting for an IM, like an annoyed sounding list of requirements is some irresistible advert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Why does everyone always expect people to IM them? Nobody ever wants to take any initiative. It's always just "I want, I want, I want" then waiting for an IM, like an annoyed sounding list of requirements is some irresistible advert.

One reason is the fear of being ignored or getting a condescending reply. It's a really *****ty feeling when you're going out of your way to, for example, compliment someone's looks as a friendly gesture, even though they look nowhere near as good as you, then you get completely ignored or some really rude reply. Those kinds of people are burning me out and making me afraid to IM people, and A LOT of people are like this, especially in crowded sims like clubs.

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

One reason is the fear of being ignored or getting a condescending reply. It's a really *****ty feeling when you're going out of your way .. etc

Well simply stop being afraid about such nonsense. Someone might reply like a fool, so what? Someone else might ask you to do things you don't wanna do. Once again so what, don't do it. Cmon it's not RL, you won't have to deal with the people that you have talked to or worry what to do in case you will end up in a hotel room or a club.  It's Second Life and you shouldn't be afraid of such stuff, have fun and play it you are not risking anything unless you own a business here (only then you should keep your mouth shut). Anything else is just a way to spend your time.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

One reason is the fear of being ignored or getting a condescending reply. It's a really *****ty feeling when you're going out of your way to, for example, compliment someone's looks as a friendly gesture, even though they look nowhere near as good as you, then you get completely ignored or some really rude reply. Those kinds of people are burning me out and making me afraid to IM people, and A LOT of people are like this, especially in crowded sims like clubs.

Men do it all the time, in RL and SL. Getting shot down is a part of both lives!

• Like 1
On 7/30/2020 at 1:04 PM, Paul Hexem said:

PERHAPS I asked people to IM me because I don't know who's going to read this and be interested? 90% of people I see in SL already have partners and such, so posting this was a way to skip all of that. Or, perhaps, I get tired of IMing guys in-world who then just turn the entire conversation into a sexual one rather than anything else. I'd like to find someone I could make a personal connection to. Apparently that's too much to ask though. ALSO, I didn't list any "requirements" EXCEPT not having a junky avi (which most people don't anyway). All of the other things are just random things about me, or what I enjoy. If you're not interested in chatting, move on. It's really that simple. I don't understand why there always has to be someone who's kind of a jerk. If you're not into it, then just go on with your day.

• Like 4
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.