Is Hip Hop popular in your country and in your language?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We have one band here which where the first one with an chart entry with HipHop and Rap in our language 30 years ago Die Fantastischen Vier, and they are still popular. And even if HipHop/Rap is usually not my cup of tea, I do like them when in the right mood. Do you want examples too?

• Like 2

K-Pop is basically a 'candy version' of Hip-hop with the messages (both good ones and bad ones) removed.

That said... Hip-Hop owes a lot (possibly it's creation) to a Jamaican who was working in the USA:  Clive ‘DJ Kool Herc’ Campbell

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/commentary/20200705/carolyn-cooper-reclaiming-jamaican-roots-hip-hop

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

We got hiphop/rap/trap here too, these days trap is the trend*.

(*for ages 8-16. The usual "i got money, i want gold, p*ssy likes me i 've been told" type lyrics are hilarious once you get older. )

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 12:38 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

K-Pop is basically a 'candy version' of Hip-hop with the messages (both good ones and bad ones) removed.

That said... Hip-Hop owes a lot (possibly it's creation) to a Jamaican who was working in the USA:  Clive ‘DJ Kool Herc’ Campbell

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/commentary/20200705/carolyn-cooper-reclaiming-jamaican-roots-hip-hop

You'll probably like this.. They are saying like, since in the 1960's it has been around..

I'm gonna watch it tomorrow since i have to head off to bed for work tonight..

Edited by Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.