Looking for a versatile men's suit

Koda Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am upgrading my avatar, and moving from the Adam body to the Signature Gianni, which is also a chance to upgrade my clothing.  For years, I've been using the FATEWear Edward suit system, which gave me a whole bunch of options for colours for the jacket, pants, shirt and tie. I also really like that it came with all the pieces, so I had the matching shirt if I wanted to take off the jacket, both a shirt with an open and closed collar, tie could come off, etc. One of the negatives was it was never built for my avatar and used the "standard sizing" system, so it never fit quite right.

I am curious if anyone can recommend a similarly versatile suit system for Gianni? Something that would let me change colours (either different parts, or a HUD), has a closed collar and tie (I see a lot of nice suits with an open collar and loose tie), and preferably something that comes with (or the store sells the matches) for the shirt underneath for when I want to take my jacket off.

Edited by Koda Slade

yes as Alwin said Lapointe & Bastchild have a "system" such as you described.. I know with tuxedos and suits you buy the basic suit and you can add different addons to it later as you like.  Add ons such as vests tie shirt combinations pocket puff etc.  My X would not use anything other than this brand cause it fit so well.

Thanks! I am at the Lapointe & Bastchild shop now, and they have some beautiful stuff. In case anyone in the future is also looking, they don't have many suits at the main store but they have a separate wedding store where more of their suits and tuxedos are.

This looks like exactly what I needed. Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone else has other suggestions please post them - a guy can never have too many formal clothes.

• Like 1

Personally, I prefer Lapointe & Bastchild, even though they are not as flexible as the Fatewear suit you show., i.e. no shirt only option, jackets and shirt is one piece. For the three piece suits, same thing, the vest is always on. Options for wear are open or closed jackets and a variety of colors for pants, jacket, vest, shirt, tie, pocket handkerchief. Some suits have add-ons as mentioned before, but that is typically a feature of their older suits.

The other option I would look at is Deadwool.

I have seen no other suits than those two makes that I like. If there are others, I'd be happy to learn about them too.

Edited by Fenimore Hapmouche

37 minutes ago, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

The other option I would look at is Deadwool.

❣️

[Deadwool] Hart suit

The Hart Suit. Far superior to L&B, who have that weird puffed sleeve effect on the shoulders. 

Stay away from Hoorenbeek. The legs on their so-called fitted suit look like beansticks and for my liking, the store seems to be stuck in their old "glory" with massively underwhelming quality these days.

• Like 1

Hi cousin Lillith! :)

Deadwool is absolutely top quality in how it is made, I have the Hart suit too and their coat that goes with it, a few other bits probably. What I do find though is that for my taste, their suits look just too real which contrasts to me with the level of realism I have reached (and strive for) with my avatar itself. L&B works better for me.

I'd definitely recommend to check out both makes.

Now I am off to look critically at my sleeves :D 

Edited by Fenimore Hapmouche
a word
  • Like 1

Thanks! The Hart suit looks great, I just wish it was single breasted. It looks like they have another called the Peak Suit which is single breasted, but sadly not optimized for Gianni shape.

I also found the A&D Clothing 'Quinten' suit which looks promising. If anyone has that one or tries it, please share your feedback.

Edited by Koda Slade
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 3:42 PM, Fenimore Hapmouche said:

Now I am off to look critically at my sleeves

What did your critical look at your sleeves tell you?

I have been exploring many men's wear shops over the last week, and I have the same conclusions as those in the thread. Lapointe & Bastchild (single breasted) and Deadwool (double breasted) seem to be the best, based on looks, fit and cost/value. I purchased both I bought them both and so far have been very happy with them both.

The single breasted Lapointe & Bastchild suit has more of a classic look, the jacket has shoulder pads and the pants have a sharp crease at the front and back. The Deadwool suit looks a little more modern, so I would say try them both and pick the one you think fits your character best.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Stay away from Hoorenbeek. The legs on their so-called fitted suit look like beansticks and for my liking, the store seems to be stuck in their old "glory" with massively underwhelming quality these days.

Hoorenbeek has tried to come into modern times with their "Next Generation" line, but it all looks very much the same, and I find like you that some of the pants look very odd at least on my Gianni avatar.  Their pricing isn't very competitive either. I think you can spend your L$ much better these days.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just as an update to this, A&D Clothing's Quentin suit is also nice and more affordable than many, and Cold Ash has released a nice suit I'd say is more casual than the last two (open jacket and the option for a tie or open neck), but looks good.

Edited by Koda Slade

Deadwool currently has L$500 free gift credit for group members it's L$10 group join the L$500 alone will stretch as far as as the top half of one of their suits i got one for my mAlt it's not sized to fit any specific body and luckily is a perfect fit on the Adin compatible Alantori body it uses i teamed it with "Fit mesh" sized trousers though there are body rigs including Gianni included from a more casual suit given away by Ascend when the Stay at Home club was a thing. I'd give Ascend a try too as i've had a good women's suit out of there as well

13 hours ago, Koda Slade said:

Just as an update to this, A&D Clothing's Quentin suit is also nice and more affordable than many, and Cold Ash has released a nice suit I'd say is more casual than the last two (open jacket and the option for a tie or open neck), but looks good.

Oh yes, Cold Ash! I just recently took advantage of their Black Friday sale and am very happy with the pants and shirt (Alessio & Raphael) I got.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:54 PM, Koda Slade said:

It looks like they have another called the Peak Suit which is single breasted, but sadly not optimized for Gianni shape.

Since this thread has been resurrected I just want to mention that the Peak Suit - while an older item from Deadwool and only containing a specific rig for Slink - works perfectly on Gianni as well. I'm wearing it on Gianni in this image:

Suited

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow--I got excited when I found this discussion, but alas, my search for the holy grail continues. I have written to L & B about the lack of suit functionality, and I will repeat here, in case somebody who designs suits and tuxs will see it. 

Tuxes and suits are our lingerie. We wear them for the fun we, and our partners, will have taking them off. My L$1,500 L&B tux comes off in 3 clicks, counting the shoes. I SHOULD have the option of something more like this: 

Click #1: bow tie untied. Has anybody ever seen James Bond with his bow tie undone? Yeah.

Click #2: jacket off, shirt still there

Click #3: shirt unbuttons (if you really want to spend some time, make each button a separate click). 

Click #4: I think that's enough clicks for this family-friendly forum. But you to get the basic idea. 

WHY HAS NOBODY DONE THIS?! Isn't the need for this functionality obvious? Do you know how crazy the demand would be for this tux? FROM WOMEN!?

Thank you for listening.

Bond tie undone.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.