Mouselook Steer Failing

Lomoco Binder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Code for the program can be found here: http://pastebin.com/X8sgGSyC (note that there is quite a bit of unused code that some may find, objectionable).

This code is running in a physical cylinder that my avatar is sitting on.  I have little to no experience with vehicles, but I want to use them to get at the VEHICLE_FLAG_MOUSELOOK_STEER functionality, to effectively create a vehicle that simulates walking (this way I can easily control the momentum and position of my "avatar" via external scripts).

The problem that I have encountered is that VEHICLE_FLAG_MOUSELOOK_STEER does nothing.  Nor does VEHICLE_FLAG_CAMERA_DECOUPLED.  I look around in mouselook and the cylinder stays put.  I've looked at code for other vehicles that use mouselook steering and cannot see anything obvious that I am missing.  Do you see anything wrong with it that would affect mouselook steering?

Thanks.

Okay.  I've got at least the decoupling working about half the time (intermittant), and have just now encountered another bug.  If your mouselook is decoupled from the vehicle, your agent's rotation isn't.  Essentially, although you may be looking one direction, scripts will report you looking in the direction that you would if your mouselook was not decoupled.  This is a serious problem for things like guns and even basic steering.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.