redelivery after 4 years?!

Amarie Glenfadden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Dear . Marketplace developers or who ever should read this. I don't know anymore ppl but i find this pretty unacceptable..  Why even bother after 4 years or even a couple of months! if they haven't tried to contact me ..  which half of the time is eaten by too many instant messages as well!  also very awesome that my customers can't reach me even tho my email is linked and all and i should get an email. which i never do..  i can solve this myself.  I feel inclined to contact this person and refund them for delivering an item after 4 years!.  Can there please be a limit like  max a week? preferably sooner because my items are season and holiday related..  Thanks.  

Dear Amarie Glenfadden,

One of your items has been redelivered to a customer who had previously purchased the item.

Order ID: 1431317190

Item: Beautiful animated Merry Christmas Lights Gold

Delivered to: v. P.

Listing URL: http://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Beautiful-animated-Merry-Christmas-Lights-Gold/2929366

SKU: Merry Christmas Lights

Delivered Quantity: 1 of 1

Purchased on: November 18, 2016 03:30 PM PST

Redelivered on: July 26, 2020 08:12 AM PDT

Thank you for using the Second Life Marketplace

• Confused 1

12 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Amarie Glenfadden said:

Dear . Marketplace developers or who ever should read this. I don't know anymore ppl but i find this pretty unacceptable..  Why even bother after 4 years or even a couple of months! if they haven't tried to contact me ..  which half of the time is eaten by too many instant messages as well!  also very awesome that my customers can't reach me even tho my email is linked and all and i should get an email. which i never do..  i can solve this myself.  I feel inclined to contact this person and refund them for delivering an item after 4 years!.  Can there please be a limit like  max a week? preferably sooner because my items are season and holiday related..  Thanks. 

not sure i understand you right, but redelivery is automatic these days, it's a feature on MP.. even after 10 or 16 years a item can get a redelivery if it's still listed and active.
Nobody needs to contact you for it.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Amarie Glenfadden said:

Dear . Marketplace developers or who ever should read this. I don't know anymore ppl but i find this pretty unacceptable..  Why even bother after 4 years or even a couple of months! if they haven't tried to contact me ..  which half of the time is eaten by too many instant messages as well!  also very awesome that my customers can't reach me even tho my email is linked and all and i should get an email. which i never do..  i can solve this myself.  I feel inclined to contact this person and refund them for delivering an item after 4 years!.  Can there please be a limit like  max a week? preferably sooner because my items are season and holiday related..  Thanks

You are talking to other Residents here --- LL seldom reads these threads.

Even if you items are seasonal, if I bought something a year or two ago and lost it, why would you not want me to get a redelivery?  Using the MP Redelivery system allows me to get the redelivery without having to bother you.

That said, you can modify every one of your listings to not allow a Redelivery via the MP and then customers would have to contact you.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Amarie Glenfadden said:

Can there please be a limit like  max a week? preferably sooner because my items are season and holiday related..  Thanks.  

If you don't want an item redelivered you can EASILY take that feature off. This is a BY ITEM option so some products can be redelivered and others not. It is a nice way for folks to easily get updated products that they purchased on the Marketplace.  I like it. 

image.thumb.png.8df1c10a51172543c9bd5b2cefc96f13.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Amarie Glenfadden

I think maybe you don't understand what is happening here.  Your customer's delivery was not delayed for four years.  What happened was that your customer probably lost or messed up her item (that she bought four years ago), and made use of the Marketplace's re-delivery function to get a fresh copy.

This is a great addition to the Marketplace and makes life much easier for both merchants and their customers!

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 11:11 PM, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What exactly is so offensive about a customer getting a redelivery?

you did not get my issue at all.  it's  about the time this took and i didnt know ppl could do this themselves. i thought Marketplace had an automatic redelivery system if things didn't arrive.. what do i know..   threre is nothing offensive about redelivery.. but for me it was that it took 4 years! bad for my store and annoying for the customer.. you are assuming things quickly?   i never looked back at this question cuz i found out from a friend that same day ppl do this themselves.  i am offended by your assumption i was offended by redelivery itself.. why would i ever..  this was meant to be read by .. as i stated marketplace ppl. or who ever goes about this.   i have posted things at the other LL issue page and you won't get a reply ever so i tried here

Edited by Amarie Glenfadden
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are talking to other Residents here --- LL seldom reads these threads.

Even if you items are seasonal, if I bought something a year or two ago and lost it, why would you not want me to get a redelivery?  Using the MP Redelivery system allows me to get the redelivery without having to bother you.

That said, you can modify every one of your listings to not allow a Redelivery via the MP and then customers would have to contact you.  

why do you and also Lillith think i am against redelivery! what in my text makes you ppl think that???  i was shocked that MP might redeliver my items to my customers 4 years later..  they should have done sooner.. like withink a week as i suggest also..  what is so unclear about what my issue is?  I know now that it wasnt MP but the custumer itself who did this.. i had no clue about that.  i also assumed that a forum set up by LL is read by at least some ppl of LL .. my bad i guess.  as you say only regular sl goers  read and respond to this. 

Edited by Amarie Glenfadden
  • Confused 2

why do you and also Lillith think i am against redelivery! what in my text makes you ppl think that???  i was shocked that MP might redeliver my items to my customers 4 years later..  they should have done sooner.. like withink a week as i suggest also..  what is so unclear about what my issue is?  I know now that it wasnt MP but the custumer itself who did this.. i had no clue about that.  i also assumed that a forum set up by LL is read by at least some ppl of LL .. my bad i guess.  as you say only regular sl goers  read and respond to this. 

good heaven's you come finally back to your thread after a full year and call somebody to the stand?....

yeah meanwhile i figured out ppl can do a redelivery themselves.  i did not know that. 

that's your own job to do... keep up with SL updates. Nobody else can help you with that.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.