Feature Property edit window light texture

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all you scribblers and scriptwriter,

I have been searching wiki and cannot find what this Feature Property light texture does or is like or what it does to light its not included in PRIM_POINT_OF_LIGHT. o it seems a bit of a mystery?

Can anyone shed some light giggles :)

That's a fairly useful feature.  If I am designing something that includes a projected light source, I often apply a texture there to give the outline of the beam at the target a custom shape (or to make the shape softer, for which I apply a "fuzzy white dot" texture).  You cannot change the texture with LSL.  You have to change it in the Features tab, as Sandi indicates.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

But very annoyingly, there's no primitive_params for it to apply different textures under script control, or have I missed something?

Nope, it's not an option, sadly.  It seems like an odd oversight.  Since you have to apply a texture there in order to enable  a projected light, you'd think that would have been an obvious parameter to include.  Maybe @Rider Linden can offer some insights (or maybe someone should submit a feature request).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rider Linden said:

There is a feature request for this and I would like very much to get it into an upcoming simulator.  I don't have any sort of ETA for you however. Nor do I have an explanation about why it was left off in the first place. 

BUG-6961

yes please!

i have this wearable object which has 8 point light prims arranged in a spiral linked to a centre prim which rotates slowly around my avatar. The point light beams are projected onto the avatar body.  Which is quite cool, and gets really cool when wearing shine materials on garments. I can change the colours, but I can't dynamically change the shape of the light, from say stars to circles to crosses to squares as I would like

add here: at the moment  to switch between light shapes then its add more prims and flip them off and on to do the shape changeouts

not everybody is going to wear something like this, but creating light show effects on inworld objects in the same way is pretty cool also, particularly with the new EEP

so thanks!

Edited by Mollymews

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.