Cloudy av fixed (sort of) but having another related issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I managed to finally get my av to rez somewhat normally in V2.6.1 using the 'renderunloadedavatar' debug setting (the latest V2 version Ruths my av so I use 2.6.1). I have to do this every time I relog, but at least I'm not a cloud. However, I now have some freaky headgear reminiscent of the old sculpted hair (see pic). Since V2 doesn't have this sculpted hair edit feature, i can't figure out how to get rid of it. I tried changing my shape and skin, but the funky dew rag remains. I'm having no issues when I use Phonenix but I'm trying to give V2 an honest try and I'd like to get this figured out. Anyone have any ideas?Weird Hair_001.png

glad to hear you sorted it out.

the "black headgear" is the default system hair mesh (recognize the shape from ruth? http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Ruth) and is a part of the avatar. some call it eyebrow shaper, some call it bald base or bald cap. it's all the same. system hair. but because most people prefer prim hair over system hair these days the system hair is zeroed out/hidden inside the skull. sometimes the hair texture is swapped with a blank one. it's not gone, it's not possible to remove (along with shape, skin and eyes the system hair is a basic component that can only be replaced with another, never taken off) but you can hide it completely as described above.

you are seeing this on your avatar (or you were, before you sorted it out) because you set RenderUnloadedAvatar to true in your debug settings. this is not a fix for clouding, only a workaround. read what the debug setting says. render unloaded avatar. it forces your viewer to render an avatar that hasn't loaded for some reason or another. if luck is on your side you may appear normal to yourself, but chances are pretty big that you are dealing with a bake fail and that others don't see you the way i am sure you wish to be seen.

resetting your avatar fixes this. (or only by changing the bald base. or a rebake.) sometimes only for the current session. if you keep experiencing clouding (bake fails) there could very well be a connection issue and that would need to be sorted to completely get rid of the clouding.

this thread is better suited in a different section other than "forums, blogs, answers and knowledge feedback", but if you can't move the thread yourself then i am sure an admin will do it for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.