Viewer 2 Will NOT let me stay on Phoenix works, but v2 doesn't.

KrinSodan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All right, here's the question better explained. 

Okay, so I log in, everything seems fine, no lag, nothing, everything rezzes, everything works, and then all of a sudden, I cannot move, and I cannot talk, and for some reason, it just disconnects me, it works perfectly on Phoenix, but any version of SLV2 doesn't work, and no, getting 2.62 doesn't work either. :(

Computer Specs:

RAM: Four Gigs 3.75 GB usable

Processor: AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M620 2.50 GHz

Graphics/Video Card: AMD Mobility Raedon HD 4200 series

Please do help, I have no idea why it isn't working. Thanks again.

1 answer to this question

Short answer.........don't use V-2.  But real answer is that your preferences are different.  I don't know which Pheonix viewer you are using but I do know that V-2 has several preference options enabled that some (if not all) Pheonix viewers don't by default..........such as "alpha layers" and (maybe) shadows.  Compare the preferences in your Pheonix viewer to the preferences in your V-2 viewer.

And, as a side, if you have more than one viewer for SL, it's a good idea to move one (either one, it doesn't matter) of the viewer's caches to a different location on your hard drive.  It will save you a lot of potential heartache with caching issues.  TPV's and official SL viewers seem to want to name and locate the caches the same...........that is one big mess, in my opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.