Viewer 2 Will NOT let me stay on Phoenix works, but v2 doesn't.

KrinSodan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Short answer.........don't use V-2.  But real answer is that your preferences are different.  I don't know which Pheonix viewer you are using but I do know that V-2 has several preference options enabled that some (if not all) Pheonix viewers don't by default..........such as "alpha layers" and (maybe) shadows.  Compare the preferences in your Pheonix viewer to the preferences in your V-2 viewer.

And, as a side, if you have more than one viewer for SL, it's a good idea to move one (either one, it doesn't matter) of the viewer's caches to a different location on your hard drive.  It will save you a lot of potential heartache with caching issues.  TPV's and official SL viewers seem to want to name and locate the caches the same...........that is one big mess, in my opinion.

1 answer to this question

Short answer.........don't use V-2.  But real answer is that your preferences are different.  I don't know which Pheonix viewer you are using but I do know that V-2 has several preference options enabled that some (if not all) Pheonix viewers don't by default..........such as "alpha layers" and (maybe) shadows.  Compare the preferences in your Pheonix viewer to the preferences in your V-2 viewer.

And, as a side, if you have more than one viewer for SL, it's a good idea to move one (either one, it doesn't matter) of the viewer's caches to a different location on your hard drive.  It will save you a lot of potential heartache with caching issues.  TPV's and official SL viewers seem to want to name and locate the caches the same...........that is one big mess, in my opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.