Jump to content

Forum profile picture was replaced


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

The forum member's profile picture was a simple hypnotic spiral. after a complaint by another forum member, allegedly suffering from epilepsy, the picture was replaced with a heavily distorted static version. well, ok, delete the picture completely... , but do LL have the right to replace it with another? Imagine that one day you log into your account, and instead of your profile picture you will see another, and possibly heavily distorted, how would you like it? :)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't like it if LL replaced my profile picture but if it was a moving spiral then I can see why LL would change it out of epilepsy concerns. LL has complete rights to remove or change any forum pictures and anything written in the posts too. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunbleached said:

The forum member's profile picture was a simple hypnotic spiral. after a complaint by another forum member, allegedly suffering from epilepsy, the picture was replaced with a heavily distorted static version. well, ok, delete the picture completely... , but do LL have the right to replace it with another? Imagine that one day you log into your account, and instead of your profile picture you will see another, and possibly heavily distorted, how would you like it? :)

 

Ever seen anyone have an epileptic seizure? I have. It's not fun and it's not pretty. She could have died even though there were several people there. Lucky for her one of us knew what to do.

Maybe be a little more considerate of others when choosing a profile pic so there is less chance it will trigger seizure or episode.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

http://epilepsytoronto.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/EFS-Photosensitive1.pdf

Given the potential for a rotating spiral to actually cause harm, I think it's entirely reasonable for LL to remove or alter such images. The moment you accepted LL's terms and conditions, you gave them that right. It's 100% your responsibility to understand what you agreed to.

That said, not everyone understands epileptic photosensitivity, and you might be forgiven for selecting a triggering profile image. I've posted rotating spirals and other potentially triggering optical illusions in the past, and have become more careful about doing so as I've gained awareness of the potential harm or distress they may cause. But, those have been one-time affairs. Your profile image is presented each and every time you post.

Were I to unintentionally post imagery that could cause distress, I'd be thankful there's someone watching to rectify the error before any distress is caused.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

If at any time my forum profile picture or even my inworld profile picture was deemed unsafe or inappropriate its fully LL's right to change it if they need to or send a message requesting it being done even without saying why.

When you joined sl, you gave up most of your rights of control over many things here on the forums and inworld.

LL has the power, others who think they do.. really dont.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

   Some very sneaky moderator changed my forum title a while back, and I don't know how long I had it on before I noticed. I wasn't in any way offended though, I found it hilarious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Orwar said:

   Some very sneaky moderator changed my forum title a while back, and I don't know how long I had it on before I noticed. I wasn't in any way offended though, I found it hilarious. 

I got a chuckle out of your current title.  (In case you ever change it again, I am referring to "Vaudevillain"...just for the historical record, you understand.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sunbleached said:

do LL have the right to replace it with another?

Try putting porn in there and you have your answer. This example isn't any more hyperbolic than "what if they replace your profile pic on a whim?"

Didn't you make this exact thread not too long ago? Unless it's just deja vu, but I think it was your alt. Though, this isn't the first time you make a post making a fuss about people in general doing things to you specifically, like that time your Nintendo-related MP listing was removed, or when people disagreed with your opinion of LL.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I got a chuckle out of your current title.  (In case you ever change it again, I am referring to "Vaudevillain"...just for the historical record, you understand.)

   I just felt like it suited my current picture. It's from a song by Ghostfire:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LL can remove our picture,our posts, our threads and even us if they felt like it.. It's their house.

You have to be really sneaky.. Look really close at mine, You'll Sht Bricks when you see it..

 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
For some reason my post was a mile long so I back spaced it ..hehehe
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

LL can remove our picture,our posts, our threads and even us if they felt like it.. It's their house.

You have to be really sneaky.. Look really close at mine, You'll Sht Bricks when you see it..

 

I am going to assume here that you are referring to the equines posterior? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I am going to assume here that you are referring to the equines posterior? :D

There really wasn't anything.. I was just kidding..

 

hehehe

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 5:45 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

LL can remove our picture,our posts, our threads and even us if they felt like it.. It's their house.

You have to be really sneaky.. Look really close at mine, You'll Sht Bricks when you see it..

 

I was just getting ready to reply that I just looked and got nuthin, when I see your reply to Drake, above, that you were just messing with us.

I'm so offended. :p

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...