How do I turn this off or mute? I've never seen this happen before...

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just went to some random place in SL.. someones own personal club type area..  Anyways, I got in there and a Madden NFL game is streaming! lol.   

Sounds like it would be a simple fix right? WRONG!   I stopped the music, I stopped the media.. I muted my viewer COMPLETELY!  It's still blareing right now as we speak lol it's really really loud!

And NO, I do not have any web browsers or media players open streaming anything at all

I did check my sound mixer tho to see where this sound is coming from,  and it has something in there all by itself called  ''SL PLUGIN"

The only way I can turn the sound off, is if I manually go into my sound mixer and hit the mute speaker for that specific application.    But what's weird is I'm not seeing anywhere to close that application or anything at all...

Can someone tell me what this is and how to do this the easy way?

Thanks in advance

EDIT:  Scroll up,  I said I muted my viewer completely, move all sliders down, all of it. and it was still playing =P

2 answers to this question

You've got 6 possible sound sources and six volume sliders in Preferences - Sound & Media.  Turn one down at a time until the sound goes away.  Also check your voice settings.  Could be someone with voice on playing football and not realizing their microphone is open.

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.