item uses name of famous RL brands in tags

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How to flag an item that uses the name of famous RL brands in tags, as well as products that resemble real products of famous brands? which is definitely a violation of the rules. Did I understand correctly what to press "Spam or disallowed listing practices - Gaming policy"? :D

Edited by Sunbleached

10 minutes ago, Sunbleached said:

Spam or disallowed listing practices - Gaming policy"? :D

according to the rules you are not the one to report it, but the one that owns the rights on the name/product/copyright
It's the "Infringes My intelectual Property rights"
(and its not yours)
The category you mention has nothing to do with this violation

Edited by Alwin Alcott

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

according to the rules you are not the one to report it, but the one that owns the rights on the name/product/copyright
It's the "Infringes My intelectual Property rights"
(and its not yours)
The category you mention has nothing to do with this violation

well while ll is less likely to take action since it was not the original owner of the item. anyone can report it if they feel it breaks the tos.

2 hours ago, Sunbleached said:

Did I understand correctly what to press "Spam or disallowed listing practices - Gaming policy"?

If i understand this right that's to do with skill gaming not incorrect keywords. you could flag under keyword spam. Many brands do make products with a close resemblance to their RL counterparts but they are careful to make sure any brands or identifying features aren't exactly the same as the RL brand. If you think the item is an exact replica or using logos/brand names un-authorized you should contact the particular RL brand

Edited by Claireschen Hesten

@Sunbleached

If someone is infringing on someone else's intellectual property, the correct procedure is to notify the party being infringed.  Then, if they choose, they can file a Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) "takedown notice" with Linden Lab to have the infringing content removed.

Also, since you seem so intent on seeing that everyone adheres to The Rules, you might consider joining one of the soi-disant "SL Police" groups.

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

why clogg the system even more with useless reports, LL doesn't do anything than after a right filed DMCA

because it makes the person feel good for at least trying to do something.  just like how a certain person in a certain other thread tried to do with their attempt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.