AO

Elspethian Kalinakov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, NiranV Dean said:

Chaser did in no way debunk that llSetAnimationOverride is not used. Chaser infact confirmed that the Viewer AO uses the request animation server message which is basically what clicking "play inworld" does. You are essentially doing what each and every AO pre-server-side capabilities has done. Polling for animation states and firing an animation each and every time the animation state changes. I assume previous iterations of the Viewer AO used the bridge to to llStartAnimation which would be an unnecessary additional in-between step.

You are right. I looked through the code and it doesn't use SetAnimationOverride. My mistake.

The stats are from a single observation over a minute after things rez. And that is just my picking a number as I watch the average bounce around. Plus less than 25 or more avatars is a small sample that can very greatly in how difficult they are to render. When I do the viewer reviews I generally do three samples each about 5 minutes and different times of day. I just made the point FS is NOT 10 to 50% slower than most viewers. 

12 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Do you know what one of the big things that stop me using other viewers? (in conjunction with FS that is).  Lack of Linux support.
I didn't see a BD download for linux last time I looked for example.  Shame because the poser thingy looks interesting.

I can't follow all the deep technical discussion on AO and stuff, it's way over my head - but thank you all for exposing the issues.

But lack of Linux support is a basic killer as far as I'm concerned.  I build my own machines, and they don't run any of that anti-trust crap from Redmond.  I also need RLVa for my automated wardrobe.  So right now I appear to be stuck with Firestorm, or Singularity.

I am currently trialling Pussycat's AO script vs Firestorm AO, and from a practical point of view, I can't honestly tell the difference, yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.