how to create a list of the items in my inventory

Tristan Fraker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, Tristan Fraker said:

is it possible to create/export a list of items in a folder/multiple folders/entire inventory? 

Not as far as I am aware.  You can do a lot of filtering and sorting with the tools in your inventory, though, so most of the things you might want to do are possible without exporting a list. 

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.

I need much more than a screenshot can capture...I have nearly 7700 items in a folder that I'm attempting to load to mp...I've loaded 2300 already and I've lost dozens of items in the process, no idea why...before I load more, I wanted to at least have a list of items to identify which ones make it to mp and which ones don't.  

Flat inventory in SL is a problem. Depending on connection speed and lag in the system about 5,000 items per folder is the limit. I suspect you are running into timeouts in the marketplace's upload.

I suggest you break that 7,700 items in one folder into at least 7 folders.

I can't imagine why you would want 7k of items in one folder in the market place.

a misunderstanding...I have one folder in my sl inventory with 7700 items in it...I am moving them, small group by small group, to the marketplace interface in sl...many items are getting lost in this process...I am looking for a way to create a list of the 7700 items so that if any do go missing, I will know which ones

If you chat with support by going to help/support portal and under premium support contact support; during business hours. They should be able to provide a text version of inventory? Should not be that difficult to provide.  

On 7/26/2020 at 8:49 PM, Tristan Fraker said:

a misunderstanding...I have one folder in my sl inventory with 7700 items in it...I am moving them, small group by small group, to the marketplace interface in sl...many items are getting lost in this process...I am looking for a way to create a list of the 7700 items so that if any do go missing, I will know which ones

Misunderstanding, no kidding.... you have TOO MANY ITEMS IN A SINGLE FOLDER. It ain't gonna work... well... very unlikely to work. So far you have pretty well proven it isn't going to work for you. 

A single folder with that many items is likely the source of your apparent inventory loss. Your idea to track your inventory using the marketplace folders is a really bad idea. The Marketplace folder in the viewer is still a folder in the viewer. It is used by the marketplace website. It likely has additional overhead associated with it as the viewer and MP sites have to talk.

It looks like you decided on the one solution to inventory loss that will make your problem way worse. Stop banging your head on that wall.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.