Attached RLV item stopped working, now I can't detatch it...

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know where else to replace this but I have an RLV outfit changer that puts an effect up whenever I change it (Void's Amara) but it stopped working completely.

I put it on and it came with no notecard so now I can't see what the command is to take it off

How do I take it off without having to disable RLV and restart my firestorm?

Ghosted attachment. I find that it happens mostly with my body hud, and usually it happens during a teleport. 

Try Refresh Attachments (under Avatar Health), that usually fixes it but if it doesn't, re-logging is unfortunately the only solution. You'll probably find when you do re-log that the attachment isn't actually worn at all.

Edited by Maitimo

3 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Ghosted attachment. I find that it happens mostly with my body hud, and usually it happens during a teleport. 

Try Refresh Attachments (under Avatar Health), that usually fixes it but if it doesn't, re-logging is unfortunately the only solution. You'll probably find when you do re-log that the attachment isn't actually worn at all.

it started working again so i know that it's attached but idk what to do with it if it glitches out in the future. it gave me a message that showed how to detach it when it i equipped it and told me it was RLV related but now I can't remember what the message said

7 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

it started working again so i know that it's attached but idk what to do with it if it glitches out in the future. it gave me a message that showed how to detach it when it i equipped it and told me it was RLV related but now I can't remember what the message said

I don't know much about RLV but I presume that Refresh Attachments will work to reset a glitch without detaching it.

If you want to find out how to detach it "properly" you can disable RLV in your viewer, then detach it the normal way. Then re-enable RLV and attach it again - and it should give you that message again.

• Like 1

RLV can glitch. It is possible to get all tied up (yes there is a pun in there) and not be able to get out of a mess.

A simple solution is to switch the the Linden's default SL Viewer that lacks RLV. Many of us keep it installed for troubleshooting purposes as SL Support will only talk to you if the problem exists using their viewer. It is handy to have when RLV glitches and you don't want to be bothered with a tedious RLV troubleshooting process.

I have two RLV HUDs. One that I use for play and one that is a reset with everything cleared and off. When things go way sideways I switch to the SL default viewer, make a copy of the reset HUD, wear it and remove the problem HUD, then switch back to the RLV viewer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rumancekk said:

I don't know where else to replace this but I have an RLV outfit changer that puts an effect up whenever I change it (Void's Amara) but it stopped working completely.

I put it on and it came with no notecard so now I can't see what the command is to take it off

How do I take it off without having to disable RLV and restart my firestorm?

Why wouldn't you turn off RLV and restart Firestorm??? If you aren't wearing a collar, then no owner would be notified, and even then you could always explain first.

5 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Most of the time turning RLV off in the viewer and restarting will work. Either way you deal with two relogs. 

Any idea why a relog would be an issue??? I do it all the time, and only takes a min or two.

No. I do the viewer switch because logging off and restarting with the SL Viewer requires fewer clicks. I find it quicker... unless I get slammed with an SL Viewer update. 😬

There is a small advantage to switching viewer. Occasionally the problem I've hit in not being able to do something is not RLV. It is the SL system acting up. This becomes immediately obvious when the SL Viewer has the same problem. I avoid spending time trying to sort out the nonexistent RLV problem and instead get to spend time yelling at SL.

Which way you go is mostly personal preference. I suspect you'll agree these is little difference in the two fixes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Why wouldn't you turn off RLV and restart Firestorm??? If you aren't wearing a collar, then no owner would be notified, and even then you could always explain first.

Because I have bad internet, so it takes time for me to be able to relog and then reload everything. so i was hoping there was a way to remove it without having to disable and then reinable it

• Like 1

Just now, Rumancekk said:

Because I have bad internet, so it takes time for me to be able to relog and then reload everything. so i was hoping there was a way to remove it without having to disable and then reinable it

I understand now!!! My internet isn't great either!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.