MEN WHO LIKE ROCK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I honestly don’t know if the OP is being cheeky or serious.

Because what I see on the net anymore lately, I can wholly believe it was meant to be taken at face value.  

Remember Michael Clarke Duncan in The Green Mile?

“I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other.”

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Because what I see on the net anymore lately, I can wholly believe it was meant to be taken at face value.  

“I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other.”

I loved that film. I loved Michael Clarke Duncan's character in the film. He made me cry, because I am such a girl, and he was such a gentle giant.

I thought the OP was being deadly serious at first, until he put forward a recommendation for such a mellow track by a bit of a joke of a rock band.  Don't get me wrong, Fleetwood Mac have had some good moments, but they've mostly been about their petty spats and wife swapping nonsense, so I did see it as a humorous tongue-in-cheek post. I mean, who in their right minds these days dares to be "-ist" about anyone?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

...I mean he was all about testosterone and then led off with Fleetwood Mac,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I know a lot about music.  The unholy trinity of heavy metal is Led Zepplin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.  

Inna Gadda Da Vida was a rehearsal that became a song.  Eric, the guitar player, studied at the music conservatory and then Iron Butterfly found him when he was 16, and then they recorded this rehearsal.  Eric is one of the most over-looked greatest guitar players of the 20th Century.   Ron Bushy, the drummer with Iron Butterfly, is believed to be the first to create the "tribal" drum sound in a song.  

Also, on the live version of Kasmir a gong ends the song.  There is no gong on the original recording.   So, I know a lot about great recordings too.  

I also love Fleetwood Mac but they have no album as painfully honest as Rumors.  Lindsey was such a control freak.  He wanted to even tell Stevie what she could and could not wear and how to write songs and she couldn't take it anymore.  You can hear her address this in the line from "Gold Dust Woman".... "rulers make bad lovers, you better put your kingdom up for sale".   

Why you wouldn't want to talk to girls/women/females about music, I don't understand that?  

p.s.  Cats love music.  My cats used to sleep on my speakers.  lol  It's true!  Or lay right in front of the speakers.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.