MEN WHO LIKE ROCK

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Roderic Ravenhurst said:

LOL, geezus christos.

Ok, in the spirit of adding something to this....special thread, I present the eternal ear candy of Motley Crue:

I've heard the beginning of that song and couldn't remember where I had heard it before, until I went to my uncles house one day..He had it playing, And I was like..That's the song! hehehehe

Edited to ADD.. I didn't know this until looking more of Montrose up..But that's Sammy Hagar on the right.

This is what's so neat about looking back in music history..Seeing something like that pop up.. Finding a group and then seeing where someone evolved from..

It makes me want to listen to everything that group made as well as looking into where the others went onto..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I honestly don’t know if the OP is being cheeky or serious.

I assumed it was a joke. I even let the "mad incel who listens to techno trance rubbish and eats chips all day" line go without making a comment about Goreans, which was difficult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I love that song..

Here is a Patti Smith cover they did with Screaming Females.

Marissa Paternosters voice  and her guitar I just really loved in this song.. Her and Shirley Manson mesh so well together.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

The funniest bit is that the tune posted by the original poster isn't really even rock music!  Easy-listening soft-rock, maybe, and quite nice to listen to, but it's not real rock!

Edited by Dellard
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dellard said:

The funniest bit is that the tune posted by the original poster isn't really even rock music!  Easy-listening soft-rock, maybe, and quite nice to listen to, but it's not real rock!

Then my dear @Dellard, please explaine to us what "real rock" is.

Here comes my favorite of Fleetwood Mac:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I love that song..

Here is a Patti Smith cover they did with Screaming Females.

Marissa Paternosters voice  and her guitar I just really loved in this song.. Her and Shirley Manson mesh so well together.

That's an excellent version I'd never heard before, so double thanks, Ceka, for putting me onto it.  

• Like 1

DEMO from The Velvet Underground.  It's actually way better than the recording.  The recording added horns.  Stupid record producers sometimes.  

This one has the real passion.  This whole DEMO by The Velvet Underground is a must own.  

13 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Queen has entered the chat

That's not a live performance.  And, it does not beat Kashmir.  Not even close.   Just the first 10 seconds of Kashmir is unbeatable.  Jimmy's riff so brilliant.  Robert's passion and lead vocal on Kashmir (the live performance I said and linked) IS the best LIVE PERFORMANCE of a rock song ever recorded.  This is not live, Janet but it cannot compare either.  The link I put of Freebird which is a little over 13 minutes long is one incredible live performance as well.  Three lead guitars on stage for Freebird; just incredible.  

p.s.  One must listen to Kashmir with headphones to really hear this magnificent work of art and the lyrics so unique and creative.  

Queen is not part of the unholy trinity of Rock and/or Heavy Metal.   The unholy trinity of rock and/or heavy metal are these:  Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath.  They are often referred to as "the gods" of rock as well.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 1

This is an incredible full CONCERT to watch from Deep Purple if you have the time.   It's strange how Deep Purple is so over-looked by DJ's on SL.  I hardly ever hear Deep Purple played.  Ritchie Blackmore with his "Mozart-like" scales...amazing!   Again, best with headphones though.   Deep Purple is also known as the loudest band ever - they are truly the 11 as spoken of in Spinal Tap.   I think Deep Purple made the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's loudest band.  lol

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.