adding pictures to multiple listings

Hela Mysterious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi again,

I've searched the knowledge base and this forum, but I haven't found the answer to this one.

I'd like to be able to add a picture to multiple listings at once. If I choose edit on multiple listings from the web site, I don't get a button to add a picture -- only if I'm editing listings one at a time, which can be very time consuming if I'm listing multiple items.

I also couldn't find how to add a picture to a listing using the viewer marketplace listing window. Does this functionality exist?

Thanks all.

16 hours ago, Hela Mysterious said:

I'd like to be able to add a picture to multiple listings at once. If I choose edit on multiple listings from the web site, I don't get a button to add a picture -- only if I'm editing listings one at a time, which can be very time consuming if I'm listing multiple items.

No, there is no way to manage images for multiple listings, yes, it is very time consuming and frustrating and yes, this is a major flaw in the MP software.

16 hours ago, Hela Mysterious said:

I also couldn't find how to add a picture to a listing using the viewer marketplace listing window. Does this functionality exist?

The only way to add pictures to a listing is to go to the listing form for an individual product, click on the "Upload image" button (you have to scroll down a lot to find it), click on the link on the popup window that ... ummm... pops up, and select the image you want with the standard single file chooser window that pops up. You're really only supposed to upload one image at a time and wait a minute or two for it to appear on the listing form before you upload the next one. However, if you're fast and the images are well organized on your harddisk, you can usually manage to start the upload of up to five or six images before that blasted totally superfluous popup window has time to close. However, if you do, be aware that the images will turn up in a totally random order, there is no way to sort them after uploading and when (not if) there is a timeout, it's often easier to just delete the images that actually loaded and start all over again than to try to sort out which images made it and which didn't from those miniscule thumbnail previews.

You may think this sounds stupid but that's only because it is. The MP software as a whole is a very strong contender for the WCEWDAWOBD (Worst Code Ever Written During A Weekend Of Binge Drinking) prize. LL is very proud of this so they're not going to change it.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.