Pay attention to inappropriate user?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get a complaint about my own content from some inappropriate person. This creature will not calm down in any way and constantly tags my product.

I created this head from scratch using Blender and Prim Jass by Machinimatrix. I also created my own texture from scratch. Nevertheless, some sick creature continues to report my own work.

This sickly creature is afraid to contact personally. I want to know who can I write to and challenge these pointless complaints?

ORIYuXhBEsk.jpg

I'm sorry that this has happened to you but allow me to play the devil's advocate for a moment:
The product name contains the term "sculpted" which would to many people suggest a sculpted prim (aka a sculptie). However, to the best of my knowledge, Blender does not have sculpted prim export options so I can only assume that your head is mesh, not a sculptie.

It is possible that the person who flags your products somehow (and for reasons unknown) takes exception to the head being mesh whilst they think it's advertised as a sculptie, hence the "not as advertised" flag.

Just an idea of the top of my head though. And personally I have no problem with the listing or the terminology. 

50 minutes ago, KennyChidorie said:

I created this head from scratch using Blender and Prim Jass by Machinimatrix. I also created my own texture from scratch. Nevertheless, some sick creature continues to report my own work.

You're looking in the wrong place here. The message you get says "Not as advertised Incorrect Listing Category". That means it has nothing to do with the item itself but only how it is listed on MP.

To help you further, we need a little bit more information: What kind of item is it and what ctegory did you list it under on MP?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

You're looking in the wrong place here. The message you get says "Not as advertised Incorrect Listing Category". That means it has nothing to do with the item itself but only how it is listed on MP.

To help you further, we need a little bit more information: What kind of item is it and what ctegory did you list it under on MP?

anime

4 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

now everything is ok, Linden Lab has moved the thing into its category.

Edited by KennyChidorie
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KennyChidorie said:

now everything is ok, Linden Lab has moved the thing into its category.

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)

Am I the only one who feel that this is a problem that could easily have been avoided if LL had had the sense to provide a bit more helpful messages?

I mean, if the message had said something like "Product: "[insert product name here]" is listed in the category [insert category here] which is not the correct one for this kind of product. Please review your listing and move it to the appropriate category."

Is that really too much to ask for? Of course it would be even better if the message also suggested which category would be correct but that would take a little bit of time for a Linden to write. A message like the one above could easily be made automatically, one simple little tweak in the code is all it would take and it would save both merchants and LL quite a bit of time and frustration.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KennyChidorie said:

I get a complaint about my own content from some inappropriate person.

inapropriate person?... i think you should read your own decriptions again.. and keywords .. it's not so inapropriate as you tell here that you'r reported

example
2cdaa1e76a49d354fc89d29f4bfb1fbe.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 7:34 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

inapropriate person?... i think you should read your own decriptions again.. and keywords .. it's not so inapropriate as you tell here that you'r reported

example
2cdaa1e76a49d354fc89d29f4bfb1fbe.png

Do you know that I wrote not about this product?

Instead of writing "Kenny, what kind of product do you mean?" you took as an example a product for which the required description was indicated on the vendor itself. You didn't even try to clarify what exactly I wrote about. You better not write anything, seriously.

I wrote about a product that has a full description. I'm not talking about those products that don't need a description, since all the important information was described on the vendor.

Therefore, before trying to assert yourself, you could clarify what product was being discussed 😃.

ani des.png

Edited by KennyChidorie

On 7/24/2020 at 3:14 AM, ChinRey said:

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)

Am I the only one who feel that this is a problem that could easily have been avoided if LL had had the sense to provide a bit more helpful messages?

I mean, if the message had said something like "Product: "[insert product name here]" is listed in the category [insert category here] which is not the correct one for this kind of product. Please review your listing and move it to the appropriate category."

Is that really too much to ask for? Of course it would be even better if the message also suggested which category would be correct but that would take a little bit of time for a Linden to write. A message like the one above could easily be made automatically, one simple little tweak in the code is all it would take and it would save both merchants and LL quite a bit of time and frustration.

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, unlike the furry category, there is no "head" tab in the "anime" category.

Moreover, Linden Lab does not specify exactly what the problem is with the product. This is very sad and misleading.

As a result, my product was moved after the application by personally. I only received a complaint with no explanation about what exactly was wrong with the product. But they don't offer a specific category. Ultimately, this can confuse any salesperson.

9 minutes ago, KennyChidorie said:

I only received a complaint with no explanation about what exactly was wrong with the product. But they don't offer a specific category. Ultimately, this can confuse any salesperson.

To be fair, it's not even possible to specify what exactly is wrong with a product while reporting it. The choices that are there aren't enough, and there's no additional text field for more details. 

That said, requesting more categories can be done through the JIRA.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

2 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

To be fair, it's not even possible to specify what exactly is wrong with a product while reporting it. The choices that are there aren't enough, and there's no additional text field for more details. 

That said, requesting more categories can be done through the JIRA.

They helped me when I wrote to the "support ticket".

First of all, I added my product to the "Anything Else" category. But for some unknown reason, my product was moved to the category "Furry", "Heads", despite the fact that it does not belong to them. When I upload a product for sale, I check the category several times before posting. For reasons unknown to me, the anime head was moved to "furry". I think it was a bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.