13 years on SL and not even a Happy Rezday from LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

well that is what you get for thinking you are important just because you spent some money here. :P

No one is really important or special or entitled or privileged here. Everyone is just a number to LL. Doesn't matter how much you spend either or how long you have been here.

No one singular person is great or awesome or worth more to LL then any other person really. Even those that rent sims out are just another number to LL.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Yeah, I kinda expected maybe a congratulations on spending a fortune in SL over 13 years and we value your membership and or way to go slugger... But I got nadda.

They do say congratulations, they are just to lazy to actually send it to you these days probably.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Second-Life-Rez-Day-Cake/3709700

That all said, no idea if it has even been updated for 13 years. Surprised they don't send a generic email like they used to though saying Happy Rez Day.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Yeah, I kinda expected maybe a congratulations on spending a fortune in SL over 13 years and we value your membership and or way to go slugger... But I got nadda.

I didn't even notice my own 13th rezday a couple of weeks ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

They do say congratulations, they are just to lazy to actually send it to you these days probably.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Second-Life-Rez-Day-Cake/3709700

That all said, no idea if it has even been updated for 13 years. Surprised they don't send a generic email like they used to though saying Happy Rez Day.

The cake has not been updated for 13 years.  It did say 'Happy 12th Rez Day' last year, but this year it just says "Happy Rez Day".  I even bought a new one to verify.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think they stopped doing that when they hit 1 million+ residents. 64 million birthday emails is a lot to send out per year, especially if you don't want to upset the spyware giants' spam filters(Google, Yahoo, Yandex, and Hotmail(does anyone even use that anymore?)).

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 1

Better than an email would be a message, or maybe even a gift, if you happen to log into SL on your rezday.   Something silly to wear that says it's your 1st or 13th or whatever rezday.  Like a shoulder pet, or poofer, or top hat, or tattoo.  The same gift for everyone who makes that rezday.  whaddaya think?  For the 13th ... not really a lucky number ... maybe an animesh black cat pet ^^

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't even notice my own 13th rezday a couple of weeks ago.  

I've forgotten most of mine when they come around..I think the only one I ever really paid attention to was my very first one..

I just always miss mine each year.. I have one coming up at the end of the month and I'll probably forget about that one too.. hehehehe

Mine just really never felt like more than just another day..

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Happy rezday, Tarina!

• Like 1

Gee, I guess you would *really* be upset if you had a rezzday and NOONE, even people in your Contact List, who are on and perhaps even right there in some place with you, said Happy Rezz Day. 'Cause *that* was always my experience.

And I am just as bad, I didn't really look up people's profiles and keep up with their Rezz Days, either, other than a partner or Mistress or otherwise extremely close people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Gee, I guess you would *really* be upset if you had a rezzday and NOONE, even people in your Contact List, who are on and perhaps even right there in some place with you, said Happy Rezz Day. 'Cause *that* was always my experience.

And I am just as bad, I didn't really look up people's profiles and keep up with their Rezz Days, either, other than a partner or Mistress or otherwise extremely close people.

Back in my early days, I had an object rezzed inworld that would notify me if it was the rez day of any of the people I can put into the config card.  That is the only way I ever managed to know.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 6:49 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I've forgotten most of mine when they come around..I think the only one I ever really paid attention to was my very first one..

I just always miss mine each year.. I have one coming up at the end of the month and I'll probably forget about that one too.. hehehehe

Mine just really never felt like more than just another day..

Well, Happy rez day!! (early) xox

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.