Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Whenever I try to apply multiple tattoos to different areas of my body (back, chest, hip, ankle...) some of them disappear in favor of the new tattoo that is applied. I have the Maitreya Lara system. How do I fix this so I can apply more then a few tattoos?

Link to post
Share on other sites

sounds like you need to play around with the tattoos. maybe apply them in an different order

on some viewers you can also change the order of the different layers. on firestorm you can click appearance and then edit outfit. there you can change the order of the different tattoo layer

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Apply" suggests that you are working with HUD content, not tattoo layers, right? With appliers, you are limited to a single tattoo "onion shell" and perhaps the underwear one. With alpha transparency, you'll see heavy alpha bugging. Lots of annoying stuff and weird looking results. 

But no worries: Maitreya fully supports BoM, that's your solution which will allow you to stack tattoo layers to your liking. Including choosing which tattoo will lay on top of which one.

Go BoM. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can wear a maximum of three applier layers. One on the Tattoo layer, one on the Underwear layer and one on the Clothing layer. If you have version 5.0 or later, you need to add these layers seperately (they are separate items in your inventory). 

If you switch to Bakes on Mesh, and you have BOM versions of your tattoos, you can wear as many as you like (well, up to 64, but I doubt you would need that many).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

You can wear a maximum of three applier layers. One on the Tattoo layer, one on the Underwear layer and one on the Clothing layer. If you have version 5.0 or later, you need to add these layers seperately (they are separate items in your inventory). 

If you switch to Bakes on Mesh, and you have BOM versions of your tattoos, you can wear as many as you like (well, up to 64, but I doubt you would need that many).

Thank you for your reply. Do you know of any guides or videos that can break down the tattoo, underwear, and clothing layer further?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

I don't know of any videos, but what extra help do you need? If I can't help, someone else will be sure to.

Just trying to understand how the layers work with adding each item to their respective layers so I can get the effect I want with tattoos, clothing etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make the switch to BOM and tattoos get so much easier, if you want to wear multiple tattoos it is well worth figuring out, plus it become so much easier to change them whenever you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Make the switch to BOM and tattoos get so much easier, if you want to wear multiple tattoos it is well worth figuring out, plus it become so much easier to change them whenever you want.

I have BOM on and the alpha off my body. I'm still getting tattoos disappear when I apply a new one. For example, I have one on my back, and then when I apply one to my chest the back piece disappears. The same thing happens with the lower body from the hips down. This is frustrating 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pgarcia10 said:

I have BOM on and the alpha off my body. I'm still getting tattoos disappear when I apply a new one. For example, I have one on my back, and then when I apply one to my chest the back piece disappears. The same thing happens with the lower body from the hips down. This is frustrating 

No that isn't the way it should be working. When I add things they just stack on top of each other. Unfortunately I am not sure what you could be doing that causes this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pgarcia10 said:

I have BOM on and the alpha off my body. I'm still getting tattoos disappear when I apply a new one. For example, I have one on my back, and then when I apply one to my chest the back piece disappears. The same thing happens with the lower body from the hips down. This is frustrating 

Ahhh... do you click on the tattoo icon in your inventory and "wear" it? Wear replaces the last worn layer. "Add" adds the new layer. It is always best to use "add" instead of "wear".

I have been annoyed with LL, because they let both "Add" and "Wear" be options.

To add to the confusion, skin creators also start to use the default tattoo layer for BOM skins. They do not have to use the default skin, but tattoo layers. 😲

All avatars must wear a default system skin, and it can only be one of this. "Add" does not work on it. Because the system will not allow an avatar to have more that one skin. Only "wear" works here. But avatars can layer "skins" that is using the tattoo system layer.

In this case, we must stack them correctly. The base skin is on by default, but that does not have to be the BOM skin you bought. The skin creator can use a tattoo layer for the body skin, and another tattoo layer for the face. They must be on the bottom of your stack. You can only see it on the symbol, that is a squiggly pink one in Firestorm.

SystemLayers.jpg.de4834dc185bac0fcf38ea852bda719b.jpg

The best thing to pinpoint the problem, is if you take a screenshot of your open inventory with the "Appearance" window open. Post it here. The appearance window is best, because it show the order you have your layers. To open it, rightclick your avatar and "Edit outfit". In this appearance window, there is a wrench icon. You can click it, and then hoover your cursor over, or click the layer. You should now see an arrow up and an arrow down. Click on these to send the layers up or down. You can have a whole stack of the layers with a pink symbol. You will see on the names what is your "literally" tattoos and if the skin creator is using a tattoo system layer for skin instead.

The system layers is also used for skin effects like moles, freckles and tight clothes like lingerie.

It is a BUG in SL itself, when we go into appearance, the lower part of the body or another part of the body can get "messed up". I do not have a better word for it... your body can look like it has stripes or layers can not show up. This effect occur in appearance mode only. The best thing is to stack the layers as you believe is correct, then go out of appearance and see if you look correct. I know it is annoying as heck. 😢

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling and such
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Ahhh... do you click on the tattoo icon in your inventory and "wear" it? Wear replaces the last worn layer. "Add" adds the new layer. It is always best to use "add" instead of "wear".

I have been annoyed with LL, because they let both "Add" and "Wear" be options.

To add to the confusion, skin creators also start to use the default tattoo layer for BOM skins. They do not have to use the default skin, but tattoo layers. 😲

All avatars must wear a default system skin, and it can only be one of this. "Add" does not work on it. Because the system will not allow an avatar to have more that one skin. Only "wear" works here. But avatars can layer "skins" that is using the tattoo system layer.

In this case, we must stack them correctly. The base skin is on by default, but that does not have to be the BOM skin you bought. The skin creator can use a tattoo layer for the body skin, and another tattoo layer for the face. They must be on the bottom of your stack. You can only see it on the symbol, that is a squiggly pink one in Firestorm.

SystemLayers.jpg.de4834dc185bac0fcf38ea852bda719b.jpg

The best thing to pinpoint the problem, is if you take a screenshot of your open inventory with the "Appearance" window open. Post it here. The appearance window is best, because it show the order you have your layers. To open it, rightclick your avatar and "Edit outfit". In this appearance window, there is a wrench icon. You can click it, and then hoover your cursor over, or click the layer. You should now see an arrow up and an arrow down. Click on these to send the layers up or down. You can have a whole stack of the layers with a pink symbol. You will see on the names what is your "literally" tattoos and if the skin creator is using a tattoo system layer for skin instead.

The system layers is also used for skin effects like moles, freckles and tight clothes like lingerie.

It is a BUG in SL itself, when we go into appearance, the lower part of the body or another part of the body can get "messed up". I do not have a better word for it... your body can look like it has stripes or layers can not show up. This effect occur in appearance mode only. The best thing is to stack the layers as you believe is correct, then go out of appearance and see if you look correct. I know it is annoying as heck. 😢

Thank you for your response. Here are images of the appearance tab in the SL viewer.

 

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADkyYTdmZWQ3LWJhZjktNGYwNi05ZTM3LThlMzNkOGIwOTIyYgBGAAAAAADp%2F%2Fz7bn%2BNS5ofeGvhF4wsBwD%2BgU4YgCWfSa7up9nJz9rFAAAAAAEMAAAMRgm0jOWrRYJ4lD4%2FkOc0AAMmY5%2FHAAABEgAQAKzaSwzs2xhIg3Fw6u%2FwGwA%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=2020071201.02&X-OWA-CANARY=iBcrnVuER0Crv91J4e-WtmBDUyEHLtgYKY3wbRTXOTMCOHapy5C5tP2dlCHestoOqe_9DpBP8Y4.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjU2MzU4ODUyMzRCOTI1MkRERTAwNTc2NkQ5RDlGMjc2NTY1RjYzRTIiLCJ4NXQiOiJWaldJVWpTNUpTM2VBRmRtMmRueWRsWmZZLUkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.XdMO2K1vSmX9ThJgs-boui6k0ONjxjflSvKl5Z39FbNF-86Ii2B9q0aWPjKaGZqbiCpPpp2loXMFGzEIX1-A8QdhCd5QBRyKo1ufLbLVh3x4Fc0tAw71IYPl9u-v2j8wV-POQQP2FIVb6jr9BdjKlIoFDeRx44KxjlRwhdIzCHHdLOEyM_HfOj8GueuvjRHczDJW4WtzWIAobzmBErZZoDBn2zZGTFAYFVuW8yD_Ek-cJxgo8dBNN5L5P2at4L5rQlPKRdEx7NvXXeUDMTbX8HEqTMjAMskVCyp9zTYG2aojPk0WFTFF-sSDBvBXeW9MzHYkvNXGtX_3RDSszZ7WUg&animation=true

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADkyYTdmZWQ3LWJhZjktNGYwNi05ZTM3LThlMzNkOGIwOTIyYgBGAAAAAADp%2F%2Fz7bn%2BNS5ofeGvhF4wsBwD%2BgU4YgCWfSa7up9nJz9rFAAAAAAEMAAAMRgm0jOWrRYJ4lD4%2FkOc0AAMmY5%2FHAAABEgAQAO%2FoPdjDcYZFiubcr6DMWII%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=2020071201.02&X-OWA-CANARY=iBcrnVuER0Crv91J4e-WtmBDUyEHLtgYKY3wbRTXOTMCOHapy5C5tP2dlCHestoOqe_9DpBP8Y4.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjU2MzU4ODUyMzRCOTI1MkRERTAwNTc2NkQ5RDlGMjc2NTY1RjYzRTIiLCJ4NXQiOiJWaldJVWpTNUpTM2VBRmRtMmRueWRsWmZZLUkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.XdMO2K1vSmX9ThJgs-boui6k0ONjxjflSvKl5Z39FbNF-86Ii2B9q0aWPjKaGZqbiCpPpp2loXMFGzEIX1-A8QdhCd5QBRyKo1ufLbLVh3x4Fc0tAw71IYPl9u-v2j8wV-POQQP2FIVb6jr9BdjKlIoFDeRx44KxjlRwhdIzCHHdLOEyM_HfOj8GueuvjRHczDJW4WtzWIAobzmBErZZoDBn2zZGTFAYFVuW8yD_Ek-cJxgo8dBNN5L5P2at4L5rQlPKRdEx7NvXXeUDMTbX8HEqTMjAMskVCyp9zTYG2aojPk0WFTFF-sSDBvBXeW9MzHYkvNXGtX_3RDSszZ7WUg&animation=true

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADkyYTdmZWQ3LWJhZjktNGYwNi05ZTM3LThlMzNkOGIwOTIyYgBGAAAAAADp%2F%2Fz7bn%2BNS5ofeGvhF4wsBwD%2BgU4YgCWfSa7up9nJz9rFAAAAAAEMAAAMRgm0jOWrRYJ4lD4%2FkOc0AAMmY5%2FHAAABEgAQALHez%2BdlmuJPgxlsT%2F%2BRGoU%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=2020071201.02&X-OWA-CANARY=iBcrnVuER0Crv91J4e-WtmBDUyEHLtgYKY3wbRTXOTMCOHapy5C5tP2dlCHestoOqe_9DpBP8Y4.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjU2MzU4ODUyMzRCOTI1MkRERTAwNTc2NkQ5RDlGMjc2NTY1RjYzRTIiLCJ4NXQiOiJWaldJVWpTNUpTM2VBRmRtMmRueWRsWmZZLUkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.XdMO2K1vSmX9ThJgs-boui6k0ONjxjflSvKl5Z39FbNF-86Ii2B9q0aWPjKaGZqbiCpPpp2loXMFGzEIX1-A8QdhCd5QBRyKo1ufLbLVh3x4Fc0tAw71IYPl9u-v2j8wV-POQQP2FIVb6jr9BdjKlIoFDeRx44KxjlRwhdIzCHHdLOEyM_HfOj8GueuvjRHczDJW4WtzWIAobzmBErZZoDBn2zZGTFAYFVuW8yD_Ek-cJxgo8dBNN5L5P2at4L5rQlPKRdEx7NvXXeUDMTbX8HEqTMjAMskVCyp9zTYG2aojPk0WFTFF-sSDBvBXeW9MzHYkvNXGtX_3RDSszZ7WUg&animation=true

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AAMkADkyYTdmZWQ3LWJhZjktNGYwNi05ZTM3LThlMzNkOGIwOTIyYgBGAAAAAADp%2F%2Fz7bn%2BNS5ofeGvhF4wsBwD%2BgU4YgCWfSa7up9nJz9rFAAAAAAEMAAAMRgm0jOWrRYJ4lD4%2FkOc0AAMmY5%2FHAAABEgAQAD51Ui%2BLHPZPlyOebjQ4RWA%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=2020071201.02&X-OWA-CANARY=iBcrnVuER0Crv91J4e-WtmBDUyEHLtgYKY3wbRTXOTMCOHapy5C5tP2dlCHestoOqe_9DpBP8Y4.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjU2MzU4ODUyMzRCOTI1MkRERTAwNTc2NkQ5RDlGMjc2NTY1RjYzRTIiLCJ4NXQiOiJWaldJVWpTNUpTM2VBRmRtMmRueWRsWmZZLUkiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.XdMO2K1vSmX9ThJgs-boui6k0ONjxjflSvKl5Z39FbNF-86Ii2B9q0aWPjKaGZqbiCpPpp2loXMFGzEIX1-A8QdhCd5QBRyKo1ufLbLVh3x4Fc0tAw71IYPl9u-v2j8wV-POQQP2FIVb6jr9BdjKlIoFDeRx44KxjlRwhdIzCHHdLOEyM_HfOj8GueuvjRHczDJW4WtzWIAobzmBErZZoDBn2zZGTFAYFVuW8yD_Ek-cJxgo8dBNN5L5P2at4L5rQlPKRdEx7NvXXeUDMTbX8HEqTMjAMskVCyp9zTYG2aojPk0WFTFF-sSDBvBXeW9MzHYkvNXGtX_3RDSszZ7WUg&animation=true

Link to post
Share on other sites

The images show that you are using BOM, which means that what I said before isn't relevant. See the item you're wearing called "Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara v5.2 Tattoo Layer"? Remove that. Also remove the "BOM add-on-parts" - you only need that when you are wearing system layer clothing such as stockings (it covers up the toes, smooths the butt etc) but is completely un-necessary otherwise.

You should be using tattoos that show in your inventory as a pink squiggle. Those are system tattoo layers. When you wear them, right-click in your inventory and choose ADD not WEAR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

You aren't using BoM in the body control HUD, you have attached some object that happens to be named something with BoM.

The item named BoM add-on parts you're seeing in the screen caps doesn't mean BoM isn't being used, the add on part smooths out the feet, títs & pelvic area at least as required when wearing system layers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 97 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...