Posted (edited)

Second Life Roleplay  

This service has been created basically to help those that have a lot on their minds. Things are tough out here these days and we always need someone to speak to. 

Would you be interested in speaking to a licensed counselor if these services were to continue? 

Let's discuss and share your thoughts.

Location:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Seokcheon/95/209/2954

[R]ACS Logo.png

Edited by Sahyel Cristole

Is this counseling, counseling as roleplay, or counseling about roleplay? It matters.

Posted (edited)

Note also that there have been problems in the past with "therapists" :D. So if you are indeed (or the person involved is) a licensed counselor then you may need to back that up with some real life info. Some folks are fine with that -- others not.  IF this is role play then it really doesn't matter and hopefully the "client" realizes that.

It can be a slippery road though, hence some thinking on  going forward might be worthwhile.

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4

It's is counseling as role play. 

Offering counseling also related to real life issues. 

Yes i can add real life info to it to make things clearer. 

• Confused 1

Saying that it's counseling as role play, and then saying that it's also related to real life issues sounds confusing to me, and would always leave a question in my mind as to whether the counseling services received were legit or were just pretend.

If you are a licensed counselor in real life, and want to offer genuine counseling related to real life issues, I would separate that out as a separate business / entity in SL from the counseling as role play service.    

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Saying that it's counseling as role play, and then saying that it's also related to real life issues sounds confusing to me, and would always leave a question in my mind as to whether the counseling services received were legit or were just pretend.

If you are a licensed counselor in real life, and want to offer genuine counseling related to real life issues, I would separate that out as a separate business / entity in SL from the counseling as role play service.    

Thank you for your feedback. 

I highly disapprove of this concept.  You're asking people to divulge their real life issues to you.  The internet is extremely sensitive territory, and some would argue dangerous, for revealing the sordid details of your personal life.  It is one thing entirely for two characters to mock up some need for therapy and to roleplay it out to build an imaginary story; it is another thing altogether to ask a person to place their trust and secrets in you, a stranger on the internet, with no legal standing to protect anonymity like a real licensed therapist would provide.  

Any "client" would be gambling with the potential to be completely taken advantage of, to the point where they could even be blackmailed, extorted, stalked.  Perhaps I'm overly cautious, but it's kept me safe and alive so far.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Someone's real life issues are not something you play pretend with. Offering to listen to someone discuss their troubles is one thing but presenting yourself as a councilor or therapist is dangerous territory. No accredited or licenced therapist should to open themselves up to the legal and moral trouble something like this could bring. Second Life is not a secure place for this. 

You can find dozens of horror stories of people trying to do this online and using the private information they learn to blackmail or abuse vulnerable people. I'm not saying that is your intention, but this is not something I can personally approve of. 

Edited by Bitterthorn