How to fix viewer not flashing when receiving a text message in firestorm (Guide)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

to fix firestorm viewer
Ctrl+p
left tab Advanced
check mark Show Advanced menu (Use at own risk!)
top of viewer Advanced
Show Debug Settings

search for FSFlashOnMessage

FSFlashOnMessage: Flash/Bounce the app icon when a new message is received and Firestorm is not in focus
default false change to true

makes firestorm flash when you get a text disabled by default because here at firestorm nothing should work like it is supposed to

FSFlashOnObjectIM: Flash/Bounce the app icon when a new instant message from an object is received and Firestorm is not in focus.
default true change to false

enabled by default because here at firestorm we only believe in spamming the customer with completely utterly worthless texts

currently works with Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205) May 27 2020 01:20:51 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support

this is just a guide for fixing firestorm viewer not flashing when it is supposed to flash for anyone that may need it a temporary band aid that may break or be disabled from functioning with future updates

all information is provided as is without warranty liability or support and views expressed may not necessarily reflect those depicted 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iceing Braveheart said:

FSFlashOnMessage: Flash/Bounce the app icon when a new message is received and Firestorm is not in focus
default false change to true

I've never altered my settings here, but found that mine was already set to True. That rather suggests that the default is actually True, not False as suggested by you.

3 hours ago, iceing Braveheart said:

FSFlashOnObjectIM: Flash/Bounce the app icon when a new instant message from an object is received and Firestorm is not in focus.
default true change to false

A good number of people like to live on the edge of their seat, waiting for that next "1 Linden 1 Hour" offer to go live (or for a whole host of similar things that would need a speedy response). This is going to be very much a question of individual choice, and certainly does not justify being a blanket recommendation.

Nevertheless, thanks for this useful information. Many people, myself included, will have no idea that there are choices for these.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.