On 7/18/2020 at 9:42 AM, kelly754754 said:

What have your experience been? I met so many men who "demanded" I showed my whole face or there will be no relationship/friendship.

Also people that are curious about your real life information but avoid to share theirs.

I have issue with the word demanded be it from men or women. I've seen that happen on both sides and my advice has always been the same. It's never deviated over the years. And that advice is tell them to kiss your behind and kindly inform them they don't demand shirt. End of story. ;)

While I've never had any of these issues it has been my experience with fiends who have gone threw this that usually if they want to know your rl, but refuse to discuss theirs then 9 out of 10 times they are married in rl and are hiding the fact they are on here from their spouse. So they don't share because they wanna spank the monkey or flip the bean with out worrying if their rl is going to contacted at some point down the road. People can say what they want, but that is pretty much what that is usually about. lol :D

24 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I make them an offer! 😏..they get some small details about me with maybe a picture or voice AFTER they send me a picture of there manhood🦴 next to a strait edge ruler(anything under 8 is a fail!) & full bank statements💰(anything under a million is a fail!)

After these detailed discussions strangely I never hear back from them😜

I generally send people a photo of a broke fat guy from a famous meme sitting in Moms basement on a computer and tell them I have a 2 inch donger. Pretty much cures my issues too mate. lol 😜

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who "demands" to know/see real life information before they are willing to get to know you and build trust is not worth the effort of dealing with. Nobody has the right to know anything about m

I routinely reveal information about my real life. For example, I think most forum regulars are aware I had a mother and a father. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I know a dude that expects you to write a message on your boobs and send him a photo before he'll RP with you. That kinda cracked me up when I heard it.

Posted Images

I always wonder if people feel insecure in their RL so that they wanted to separate these 2. To be honest, I am not interested that much in your personal RL details. Just make it a fair exchange, people who doesn't like to share RL details shouldn't be friend with people who like to share. That makes things simple. I like to make friend with people who are attractive to me in both in RL and SL (both are important). At least I don't want to be with a SL person for year or even month without knowing their real face, or gender and at the end (maybe one day) knowing that he or she is 60 or 70 year old fatty. It would be better if you tell me in beginning and we end things early. That said, there are people who doesn't care, unlike me.

• Like 1

I find it more free and fun to just limit my knowledge of others to whatever they present in world. The only thing I really ask about RL is what part of the world they are from, and even then I am mainly asking just to know their time zone, I don't particularly care what the specific country is. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Peotyre said:

I always wonder if people feel insecure in their RL so that they wanted to separate these 2.

It's more of an issue of safety rather then insecurity. The reality is you don't know who your talking to on the other end of the screen. It would be unwise for anyone to divulge to much information about themselves until they really got to know the person better and could ascertain if they are a threat or not. Even if they do clear I would urge anyone to exercise a certain amount of precaution regardless. Better safe then sorry mate. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am pretty much "me" in SL so it can be difficult not to bring in my RL, but yeah, in the beginning it's fairly mundane stuff, time zone, how was your day?, what's the weather?, that kinda stuff.   I was never a fan of voice & well remember what a controversy it was when it was first introduced, but I will do it, in particular if someone has a problem with written English.  

I have recently had someone ask if they could contact me outside of SL & the answer to that was no, not yet, maybe in the future.   I find that SL can be like a condensed RL, you make connections faster & feelings can get intense very quickly so it is advisable to proceed with caution at all times.   Oh - and be upfront & honest about why you're here & what your expectations are, that can save a whole lotta hurt from happening down the road (/me speaking from experience). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Peotyre said:

I like to make friend with people who are attractive to me in both in RL and SL (both are important). At least I don't want to be with a SL person for year or even month without knowing their real face, or gender and at the end (maybe one day) knowing that he or she is 60 or 70 year old fatty. It would be better if you tell me in beginning and we end things early.

Pretty stiff standards just for a friendship.  

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Peotyre said:

I like to make friend with people who are attractive to me in both in RL and SL (both are important). At least I don't want to be with a SL person for year or even month without knowing their real face, or gender and at the end (maybe one day) knowing that he or she is 60 or 70 year old fatty. It would be better if you tell me in beginning and we end things early. That said, there are people who doesn't care, unlike me.

Just laughing about this part. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Peotyre said:

I always wonder if people feel insecure in their RL so that they wanted to separate these 2. To be honest, I am not interested that much in your personal RL details. Just make it a fair exchange, people who doesn't like to share RL details shouldn't be friend with people who like to share. That makes things simple. I like to make friend with people who are attractive to me in both in RL and SL (both are important). At least I don't want to be with a SL person for year or even month without knowing their real face, or gender and at the end (maybe one day) knowing that he or she is 60 or 70 year old fatty. It would be better if you tell me in beginning and we end things early. That said, there are people who doesn't care, unlike me.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, Peotyre said:

I am keen for playing with asian avi, but it seems like hard to find those. Some sims people are not very attractive in their personal taste ~ I personally likes asian cute style, baby like and sexiness is minor to what I actually concern. But really is there anywhere there are baby face avis (not neccessarily asian) to hang out. 

sorry for my descriptive questions. 

"nuff said

• Like 2

Yes that proves the point that everybody is different in their personal view ^. My view is only a minor so probably it wouldn't affect anyone else.

13 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

"nuff said

Edited by Peotyre
grammar mistake?
2 hours ago, Peotyre said:

Yes that proves the point that everybody is different in their personal view ^. My view is only a minor so probably it wouldn't affect anyone else.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, Peotyre said:

I am keen for playing with asian avi, but it seems like hard to find those. Some sims people are not very attractive in their personal taste ~ I personally likes asian cute style, baby like and sexiness is minor to what I actually concern. But really is there anywhere there are baby face avis 

Edited by RowanMinx

Sorry for the term I chose being easily tweaked in the way I did not intend,  people can have baby face even though they are older than 20s, even 30s, it's a beauty standard. To emphasize only once, I DO NOT like tween. There's nothing more about that. What's wrong with stating my interest, and that I put it in the adult section ?

Edited by Peotyre
grammar, expression
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:
On 2/9/2019 at 3:39 AM, Peotyre said:

I am keen for playing with asian avi, but it seems like hard to find those. Some sims people are not very attractive in their personal taste ~ I personally likes asian cute style, baby like and sexiness is minor to what I actually concern. But really is there anywhere there are baby face avis 

Since your post from 2/9/2019 was in the adult section, I meant 'nuff said more in a "Eww, he's one of those men who like the tween looking avs for adult activities" way.  Baby like?  Baby face avs?  Totally inappropriate.

Then you say you personally aren't interested in RL details but like to make friends with people who are attractive to you in SL and RL?  God forbid you should be talking to a fat person who is older.  The tragedy!  

In some culture, baby face is cute face, youthful looking face, doll face, it never only meant for children. If you are speaking from a different culture perspective, I hope that other culture's perspective be listened to.

Some people need match.com or other dating sites rather than exploring all the amazing, interesting, fun people they can meet in SL where RL age, perceived beauty standards, weight etc  don't matter one little bit.   

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Some people need match.com or other dating sites rather than exploring all the amazing, interesting, fun people they can meet in SL where RL age, perceived beauty stands, weight etc  don't matter one little bit.   

I respect that value as well. On the other notes, I would still have my preference. Maybe one day it will change?

Also 'preference' means that I do not really compel anyone to reveal their RL details to me, in fact, I can't, it's their choices.

Edited by Peotyre
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Peotyre said:

Also 'preference' means that I do not really compel anyone to reveal their RL details to me, in fact, I can't, it's their choices.

Sounds fair, we all choose who we want to have fun with according to our likes and of course priorities. That's the beauty of not living in North Korea.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Ive met men and women so far that wants to know a lot about my real life, i tell them what i tell everyone ill let them know more about me once i feel i can trust them. I have my age and sex on my profile and thats enough for people to know. If someone wants to get to know me then in time they will know more.

• Thanks 1
On 7/18/2020 at 9:42 AM, kelly754754 said:

What have your experience been? I met so many men who "demanded" I showed my whole face or there will be no relationship/friendship.

Also people that are curious about your real life information but avoid to share theirs.

I dont give out pics, voice and a lot of personal info.  If someone is demanding it then they are not worth your time

I've only been in SL for about a week or so, but any time I'm in a more populated area, I will get guys IMing me from across the map. Every single time, they just start with "hi" and if I respond or try to be friendly, they immediately ask me where I'm from, how old I am, etc. And they usually get really passive aggressive if I say I don't really want to share rl information to someone I don't know, lmao.

1 hour ago, LilNosferatu said:

I've only been in SL for about a week or so, but any time I'm in a more populated area, I will get guys IMing me from across the map. Every single time, they just start with "hi" and if I respond or try to be friendly, they immediately ask me where I'm from, how old I am, etc. And they usually get really passive aggressive if I say I don't really want to share rl information to someone I don't know, lmao.

If you wear a furry av, you'll be invisible to most of those guys. n__n

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:

If you wear a furry av, you'll be invisible to most of those guys. n__n

Ironically enough, I just bought the Kemono body yesterday as my first mesh avatar, and the amount of IMs decreased drastically. x'D But the only downside is that I've seen a lot of popular areas dictate human avs only, so eventually I want to get a nice human mesh av, and I can only imagine the IMs will shoot back up again. @_@ 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LilNosferatu said:

My advise, for what it's worth, is to have at the least your time zone in your profile.  When someone asks where I'm from, I usually just say, "US eastern time" and leave it at that.  No one needs to know anything more specific.  Although all that pertinent info is already in my profile, a lot of people never read them.  

As for the Kemono body, I've noticed recently that many adult places aren't allowing those in either as most of them tend to look on the youngish side.  Their sim, their rules but just a heads up.

I don't share much about my RL with anyone.  There really is no reason to unless you're looking for friends to meet up with in RL.  Married, female, SLT +3 is pretty much all they get.

• Like 1
On 10/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, Peotyre said:

I always wonder if people feel insecure in their RL so that they wanted to separate these 2. 

It's not insecurity for me, its just that demands for RL information (age, sex, location, photos) are 99.999% from guys who want a RL sexual/romantic relationship. I am already in one of those and it's monogamous (no I am not interested in cheating either) so that's why I don't share with those people. I don't share these because I AM secure in my RL relationship.

But other RL stuff, like the kind of work I do, the weather today, what I had for dinner, my religion and all sorts of other stuff, I am happy to share. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, LilNosferatu said:

Location, sex/gender, and age -- the most common opening question/request in the chat rooms of old.

6 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

My advise, for what it's worth, is to have at the least your time zone in your profile.  When someone asks where I'm from, I usually just say, "US eastern time" and leave it at that.  No one needs to know anything more specific.  Although all that pertinent info is already in my profile, a lot of people never read them.  

As for the Kemono body, I've noticed recently that many adult places aren't allowing those in either as most of them tend to look on the youngish side.  Their sim, their rules but just a heads up.

I don't share much about my RL with anyone.  There really is no reason to unless you're looking for friends to meet up with in RL.  Married, female, SLT +3 is pretty much all they get.

That's fair. I might put US in my profile or something even if people don't read it. @_@ But I agree, unless the conversation leads to like a really close friendship or something, I just don't see the need to share personal information aside from general stuff like hobbies, likes/interests, etc.

And yeah, I've seen a few places explicitly listing Kemono bodies as not welcome. I downloaded this torso mod to give her some decent sized boobs, so she looks a bit more mature than the default. Otherwise I'll just have to miss out on those places until I get a human mesh body like everyone else. :P

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Location, sex/gender, and age -- the most common opening question/request in the chat rooms of old.

Ahhhh, the good ol days of A/S/L.

Idk, I'm well over 18 but I feel kinda sketched out if someone asks for my age or where I live as an opening question. Makes me immediately feel like whatever direction they are wanting to take this chat in, I want no part of it. 👀

• Like 2