On 7/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, kelly754754 said:

What have your experience been? I met so many men who "demanded" I showed my whole face or there will be no relationship/friendship.

I don't date in sl but when i did i never dated any women who weren't comfortable of showing themselves. Regardless if we are talking about face, body or whatever.

If i can do it they can do it and if they can't do it then why waste my time to figure out the reason. They can simply find a person who is more compatible to them.

Regarding friends if they didn't have a face photo i simply didn't take anyone seriously.

Of course if they just wanted to have a casual chat without getting into more private things i didn't mind talking.

On 7/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, kelly754754 said:

Also people that are curious about your real life information but avoid to share theirs.

I wouldn't give much attention to such people and keep in mind that usually whatever most people will tell you is bs... and also keep in mind that many sl "men" are actually women in RL and the opposite.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who "demands" to know/see real life information before they are willing to get to know you and build trust is not worth the effort of dealing with. Nobody has the right to know anything about m

I routinely reveal information about my real life. For example,ย I think most forum regulars are aware I had a mother and a father. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I know a dude that expects you to write a message on your boobs and send him a photo before he'll RP with you. That kinda cracked me up when I heard it.

Posted Images

I have two SL friends who I regret having shared so much of my personal life with, one of whom kept pressing me for my contact information.ย  He and I aren't friends, anymore, because of that and other boundary stomping.ย  Another two friends pressured me into sharing my FB page with them, and I really wish I hadn't.ย  Your personal information should remain private, at least until you've taken the time to build the foundation of a relationship with that other person.ย  Those demanding pictures, for you to cam or voice (or Skype) with them, for your personal contact information, or for your social media are not only the people you should NOT give this information to, but ones you should be actively avoiding, as well.ย  Learn from someone who's (hopefully) learned from her mistakes.

People who do demand verification of your gender, age, orientation, race, geographic location, or anything else live in a very smallย  world ๐ŸŒŽ.ย  They are attempting to impose their narrowed view onto others.ย  This may be a symptom of their own phobias, bigotry, biases, insecurities, ignorance, or latent and self-denied leanings.ย ย 

I agree with those who have said that it's best to give these people a wide berth.ย  People like this tend to be toxic and not worth your time or trouble.

• Like 7

Stuff like that really p*sses me off. We don't meet strangers on Main St. offline and tell all, why do it here in the virtual? I never ask for personal information in the virtual, I take what is shared if shared and I share if I am inclined BUT I do not ask for nor exchange RL photos or voice chat .ย 

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Sure, we CAN.ย  But we don't wanna.ย  So,

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Thats the spirit , when you dont want to do something you find what fits you.

7 hours ago, Taern905 said:

Your personal information should remain private, at least until you've taken the time to build the foundation of a relationship with that other person.ย 

You should be very careful with whom you share your private info for example one of my SL ex's that we also happen to live close in RL used to date a "guy" in SL for a year who was sending fake photos from instagram, pinterest etc until she realized that "guy" was actually a woman who was using voice morphing.They broke up and that guy (woman) had her phone numbers etc and started calling her kids, ex husband on his personal phone and work too, sisters and did other things that are not to be discussed publicly.

When she came for my advice i simply told her to go to the police and there she was informed that there are thousands of such cases and worse on daily basis.

You don't really know who anyone is and caution is necessary.

• Like 1
On 7/20/2020 at 10:59 PM, Harley Ravenhurst said:

I know a dude that expects you to write a message on your boobs and send him a photo before he'll RP with you. That kinda cracked me up when I heard it.

LOL just why!

One of my earlier encounters in Second Life was with some creepy bloke who wanted me to take a photo of my lady garden to prove I was a female in real life because I refused to chat on voice. I may have been noob in Second Life, but I had 44 and a half years of real life experience with creeps, so I told him in no uncertain terms to Foxtrot Oscar.ย ย 

It used to bother me in a ridiculously paranoid way that I could somehow be traced right to my door and some nutter would come and shoot me at point blank range. Well frankly, I run the risk of that happening more probably by the people who actually SEE me walk to my home every day, so I am far less bothered about what information is out there about me.ย 

Obviously not my PIN or passwords. Even my nearest and dearest don't have access to them.ย 

But if you want to know where I live, that does not bother me at all. Just if you pop round, remember to bring some decent cake or ice cream with you, and I'll pop the kettle on for coffee - or tea.ย 

what I find funny and stupid and ridiculous is those that want that sort of information and then believe it cannot be faked. you can photoshop a picture.. you can morph your voice, and there are even ways to morph live video..

voice verified doesn't mean anything.. skype verified doesn't mean anything.. picture verified doesn't mean anything... in todays age of of technology all things are possible to anyone that wants to learn how about faking information.

really those nutters are just looking for the gullible victims that they can trick/goad/pressure into doing something like that.

They are partially getting off on the head games they are playing with their victims.ย 

Then they will use that information to try and blackmail them into not leaving.ย 

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

voice verified doesn't mean anything.. skype verified doesn't mean anything.. picture verified doesn't mean anything... in todays age of of technology all things are possible to anyone that wants to learn how about faking information.

Exactly and you know how usually most people over the internet fall in the trap. It's called boredom and wild imagination.

Are you sure you like a person? Ok stop the nonsense with the avatars and set an RL date after a while just like you would do with a person that you didn't know before and you met at the beach, a club or anywhere in RL.

You don't want to date a person in RL? Ok that's a very good proof to not consider it "actual relationship". It is a paradox to say that you want to be with a person but at the same time you don't want to meet them. So just keep being cautious and PRIVATE.

Regarding SL friends same thing applies.. chat buddies are just like what pen pals used to be at the times before internet. Doesn't make them real friends regardless what you "think" you know about them.

If you are looking just for virtual sex buddies or some company to cure boredom doesn't mean you need to expose yourself..

• Like 3

ย 

ย 

A lot of good good answers from everyone we help each other with whatย  it's all about.ย  Know one owes anything, anyone of any information to your second life or real. Until they gain your trust they are only gonna get a little bit.ย  So if they don't like that tell them to hit the road.ย ย 

Edited by Christina Mysterious
  • Like 3

The approach to revealing rl stuff depends on what you're on sl for. I didn't join sl to invite people into my rl, so I'm not too interested in discussing rl stuffย - theirsย or mine. I find if I have enough in common with someone, we never even have to go there. If rl stuff comes up organically as part of a conversation about something else, then that's different, but I don't like the whole interview type thing where someone just keeps asking for info and I'm expected to just give it to them. It's like, who do you thinkย you are to me?

I don't even reveal where I'm from anymore 'cause there was thisย guy who tracked when I'd most likely log on based on what he knew of my rl time and life, and that's just plain creepy.

Once you reveal something, you can't untell it. And the little bit more vulnerable you become to the stranger on the other side. Maybe I'm too careful but whatever.

• Like 6

Iโ€™ve only revealed RL stuff to close friends in SL that I trust implicitly. Generally I keep SL and RL very far apart. I never give out pics or anything and state as much in my profile. Only RL info in my profile is my age and gender. Nothing else needs to be given.ย 

• Like 3
On 7/24/2020 at 7:15 PM, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

What do you mean can be faked?! (hahaha just watch the vid.)

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

Exactly my point. So anyone withย  v,p,s verifyย  on their profile really doesn't mean anything.ย 

Yes verified by who? Even Linden Lab can't actually verify the real identity of a person regardless if someone sends them the necessary papers, they could be easily fake.

All that verified blah blah is nonsense.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

What do you mean can be faked?! (hahaha just watch the vid.)

ย 

I wish I'd seen that video when I was 20. (If Omegle, or Youtube, or even the internet itself had existed that long ago).

• Haha 1
Just now, Maitimo said:

I wish I'd seen that video when I was 20. (If Omegle, or Youtube, or even the internet itself had existed that long ago).

Check this one too their reactions are hilarious.

ย 

4 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

Yes verified by who? Even Linden Lab can't actually verify the real identity of a person regardless if someone sends them the necessary papers, they could be easily fake.

All that verified blah blah is nonsense.

Exactly.. who is doing this verification.. the person seeing/hearing.. or the person making the claim.ย 

A little of bothย  but as those videos prove.. none of that can be trusted.ย  Only a fool does so. Unless you meet irl.. nothing should be believed completely over the internet.ย 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Whenever I see "<insert medium> verified", it actually arouses suspicion.. isn't that such a sus thing to say!

Nowadays its a red flag for me, too. It either raises suspicion, that there is something fishy going on or that you'll deal with a person, who will focus a lot on RL and probably insist on voice/cam at some point.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

ย probably insist on voice/cam at some point.

Yes of course a person who has an RL photo usually will also do voice/cam (unless he/she has used a fake photo).

But that actually has nothing to do with "whatever nonsense verified" that a lot of people usually write in their profiles which most of the time it's just pure bullsh*t .

For example i had my RL photo and under it a clear description that said "If you can't skype, don't expect us to socialize".ย  It's an easy way to find like minded people and avoid trolls, of course that also made it hard for introverts to socialize with me but it's ok i don't mind.

ย 

1 minute ago, Nick0678 said:

But that actually has nothing to do with "whatever nonsense verified"

Well, it usually does, at least to some degree. Because people who write this verified nonesense obviously believe, that "verifying" someones RL idenity/voice/apperance is important (just as much as the men who usually demand, that women "out" and "prove" themselves). In case they don't fall in the previously mentioned group, where this is just made-up to trick some naive people.

3 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

.. people who write this verified nonesense obviously believe, that "verifying" someones RL idenity/voice/apperance is important (just as much as the men who usually demand, that women "out" and "prove" themselves). In case they don't fall in the previously mentioned group, where this is just made-up to trick some naive people.

Of course and I know plenty of women who were also catfished in SL , that's the most usual thing happening since the early days of it regardless of gender but fact isย  their tolerance to bullsh*t and curiosity to figure out who the other person is worked against them. That's how it goes.

As long as somebody knows what he/she wants in SL and doesn't step back from that, will find what he/she is looking for and enjoy it just like in life.

This is Second Life and so people should share as much or as little RL information as they want. Nobody should feel pressured into revealing anything they're not comfortable with.

The people who insist on learning details about you I find always have an agenda, and that is usually that they are looking for a RL relationship.ย 

Personally I am happy to reveal details of my RL with people I meet in-world, but I also make it clear that I'm not using SL as a dating site, so anyone who quickly wants to move our relationship into RL should look elsewhere. I'm not saying it can't happen, but if it does, it will happen naturally and not be forced.ย 

I also likeย to voice becauseย I find people often come across betterย when you speak with them and you can more easily develop deeper connections, however I would never judge anyone who doesn't or isn't able toย for RL reasons. I would judge someone who constantly insisted that you voice/cam with them when you've already told them no, or that you can't.

• Like 2