Good vehicles. Let's talk!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 4 weeks later...

have been playing with vehicle scripts recently since Linden sped up the region crossings

not the best bike in all SL but maybe I might get a mention for remembering how to make old-school prim MotoGP. Pink and white even !! brmmm!

primmoto2_001.png.79806f6a5d1a2dbb4932d0cfe10d6b54.png

primmoto1_001.png.67e7a8bf046f872f69da95b4033c95d3.png

i just tonight went for a long ride. Route 10 down thru Chilbo then up to Nangrim across the Shortcut to Wellington Road then left back onto Route 10 and down back to home

only 2 region crossings broke me but was able to teleport recover, so pretty good

i got picked up twice by speed cameras and got a $3 and a $4 fine for exceeding the speed limit down Wellington Road. They can send me the court summons because I am dispute that I was speeding. 34 kms an hour is not speeding !!! 😸

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We can name names ? As an experienced region crossing victim, my prefered mode of touring is the peewee bicycle. Fantastic ride, great region crosser, and they come up cheap in gachas now and then ... indeed I'd grab that 100$L one if I didnt own two already.

we.png.fb7e161f395b75a4fe608cdb3fb33871.png

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, foneco Zuzu said:

Now i just place them on a box or cabinets and any can go there and get them without worry of being harassed by inventory clutter.

I love your vehicles ZZ, especially the ones with rezzers!  Your vehicles (especially the station wagon) are always so much fun!  HUGS ZZ ♥♥♥

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 11:04 AM, Cinos Field said:

Bicycle would be an option, too, but I've not seen any with place for passengers!

Search MP for Couples Bike?  I have a rezzer out for one at my Camper in Red Bluff and I think it's one of the best ways to explore in SL ♥

4 minutes ago, MelodicRain said:

How do you have a road trip in SL when most sims aren't connected? Even if they are, you probably don't have rez rights on all of them. Genuinely curious cause that sounds pretty fun.

Ride from the northernmost end of a mainland road to the southernmost. All the road-ends have rez zones and your car won't despawn while you're riding it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

All the road-ends have rez zones and your car won't despawn while you're riding it.

There are often rez zones along the routes as well - sometimes every region, but more commonly every couple of regions it seems.  When I'm traveling around I usually LM each rez zone I come across, in case something happens to my vehicle or I stop to get out and explore something along the way.  Then I can TP back to the closest rez zone to get started again.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

How do you have a road trip in SL when most sims aren't connected? Even if they are, you probably don't have rez rights on all of them. Genuinely curious cause that sounds pretty fun.

There are large continents of connected Mainland in SL Here is a link to a list of them http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/List_Of_Continents  on each of those are road systems and here's a link of links to the Roadways http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Second_Life_Road_Network_Directory  Many Rez zones are marked in various ways (depending on the Continent) Have fun and enjoy driving and  exploring Mainland ♥

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Mainland is the most practical place for a road trip. Yesterday when i was in the Sansara snowlands the rezz areas were marked out by a sign saying rezz zone. I favour using something worn as it makes hopping on a passing pod tour easy. If you want to do a road trip pick a start point get your transport set up at the nearest rez zone if it needs rezzing  you can randomly ride around or click a place on the map you'd like to end up and follow the red arrow. I did Chalet Linden (wengen) to Chamonix City yesterday and it was a relatively easy ride then went back on myself crossing over a special little bridge at Durango taking in one of Alpine byway routes back to Chalet Linden

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Are there any with realistic gearshift operation?

OOooh yes ... and realistic tyrewear and fuel consumption. And a steady 60 FPS on simcrossings would be nice too .. :|

Wut?!

Edited by TDD123
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Others have mentioned mainland. There is also Bellisseria which we've just been officially told isn't mainland... yet it kinda is... and road wise, it has the longest winding roads in SL.

Start somewhere like...

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Granby Court/125/114/23

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Stockyard/193/202/53

- you could drive for hours in many different directions. If you're diligent, you can get from one of these spots to the other all through driving on the ground.

The old Linden homes are also pretty good for this:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Inada/3/23/22

- Go north

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Copper Bay/218/242/22

- Explore

• Like 1

I spend most of of my  time in SL in vehicles and i have a couple recommendations

for ground / Roadtrip  you cant go wrong with manji his cars look great cross from one sim to another like butter and best of all handle properly 

nothing in SL comes close for the reliability of his cars

4b2ad4beb0eb7bb581396eff322ab37c.png

Aircraft

SL has alot of aircraft builders some of them are great and some not so much But if you just want to hop in a plane and explore and actually be able to land it without looking like a fool. Java Designs his planes are delightfully easy to fly and also cross from one sim to another smoothly  the best part is the creator  of these planes is a fantastic human being who genuinely cares about his customers. I highly recommend his plane called the "Katana"

844ab8d01d835dbbec8caa8d3e5308d6.png

Boats

I am not rilly a boat gal but three brands stick out  Mesh Shop, Bandit both of these are very spendy  but worth the price  and not any less in quality is "CyberSculpts" some good  boats at a fantastic price and they have a few fantastic free boats as well

Just two cents from a friendly demon gal who is a aircraft nerd hope it helps but whatever you pick have fun exploring the grid!

Edited by Atosuria Daviau
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.